Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Allie X is my New Underrated Queen

BgRaEgTaT

Featured Posts

BgRaEgTaT

Hi everyone, so idk about you, but sometimes I get SO bored with my music and wish people who had similar taste as me would help me find new artists and songs to get into so here we go...

I went to Marina’s concert here in Seattle back in October and her opening act was Allie X! We had never heard of her, but her aesthetic and sound live was enough to capture my attention and look into some of her music (in fact she was more memorable to me than Marina (no shade intended it was still a great show)). Her music is SO GOOD.

Also if everyone already knows about her sorry I’m so late lol...

Anyways some of her songs and videos give me some Gaga vibes so if you haven’t listened to her you should!

My favorite songs are That’s So Us, Catch, Prime, Bitch, Girl of the Year, All the Rage, Old Habits Die Hard, Downtown, and Rings A Bell. She’s also currently releasing new music every few weeks, including one that I heard live (sounds really good) tomorrow! Oh and her best video is probably Catch.

Thanks for reading bye! 

AlexanderMagno
4 minutes ago, BgRaEgTaT said:

everyone already knows about her sorry I’m so late lol...

A few years late :teehee: 

BgRaEgTaT
Just now, AlexanderMagno said:

A few years late :teehee: 

She has hardly any social media followers and doesn’t sell anything so the numbers just give me a lot of people not knowing about her :laughga:

BgRaEgTaT
2 minutes ago, Married the Night said:

Sanctuary is by far her best song 

Sanctuary is really good! I should mention that I find all of her albums/EP’s good from start to finish and I can easily enjoy all of the songs without skipping (which is a rarity for me)

HeavyMetal Halcyon

I love Allie X! I've been a stan since 2015, she helped write quite a few songs for Troye Sivan. If you like her, and want more great indie pop, check out these other great artists:

-Ralph (Best songs: Tables Have Turned, Gravity, No Muss No Fuss, Weather, Gimmie) 

-Sam Bruno (Best Songs: Tip Of My Tongue, So What, Colors, Wild Life) 

-CXLOE (Best songs: Low Blow, SICK, Devil You Don't) 

BgRaEgTaT
4 minutes ago, HeavyMetal Halcyon said:

I love Allie X! I've been a stan since 2015, she helped write quite a few songs for Troye Sivan. If you like her, and want more great indie pop, check out these other great artists:

-Ralph (Best songs: Tables Have Turned, Gravity, No Muss No Fuss, Weather, Gimmie) 

-Sam Bruno (Best Songs: Tip Of My Tongue, So What, Colors, Wild Life) 

-CXLOE (Best songs: Low Blow, SICK, Devil You Don't) 

I’ll make sure to check them out thank you!

AlexanderMagno
52 minutes ago, BgRaEgTaT said:

She has hardly any social media followers and doesn’t sell anything so the numbers just give me a lot of people not knowing about her :laughga:

Her overall popularity is low, but here in GGD most people know her I think (or at least they did, I'm an older member and there are so many new ones... She was all over the place around here when she released Catch in 2015).

ItsTommyBitch

I actually first heard about her here on GGD when she released Prime (yes, before catch :laughga: ) and she was just the creepy spinning gif girl who made bops that got shared on tumblr.

She's great and interesting, hope she continues at her own pace because so far shes serving quality on repeat!

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

huttont

I love her music. I’m currently obsessed with Fresh Laundry. I’m hoping she releases another album soon. She’s been on a roll, releasing random stuff 

Just now, huttont said:

I love her music. I’m currently obsessed with Fresh Laundry. I’m hoping she releases another album soon. She’s been on a roll, releasing random stuff 

she will, she tweeted about her new era when someone asked her to describe it in emoji: "🍂🌊🌫🐻💀" and she has performed at least 6 still unreleased songs live in Marina's Love+Fear tour. aparently the record is called "Cape God" and was written when she was in Sweden

ice heard one side from above

btw my faves are Never Enough and Sanctuary from CI, Downtown from CII, Not So Bad In LA, Science and Girl of the Year in SS and Fresh Laundry from this new era

ice heard one side from above

Archived