StrawberryBlond

Featured Posts

likeitrough
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

MDNA

MDNA was a number 1 album?Β :awkney:

when? for how many minutes? who did that?Β 

StrawberryBlond

Is anyone else surprised to see that Mariah had so many hit singles yet only had 6 #1 albums? I honestly thought almost all her albums went to #1 in America and was shocked to find she hasn't had a #1 album since 2008, not even her massive selling greatest hits albums went #1. I just don't get how someone who's sold as many albums as she has actually doesn't have that many at the top. And to think Rihanna's had 11 #1 singles across multiple eras but only has 2 #1 albums is wild. And Diana Ross, all those hits but not one #1 album to speak of. In the midst of all this, it's incredible that all Beyonce's solo albums have managed to hit #1.

13 hours ago, likeitrough said:

MDNA was a number 1 album?Β :awkney:

when? for how many minutes? who did that?Β 

It debuted at #1 with 359k sold, Madonna's highest first week sales since 2000's Music. It was helped considerably by the fact that she utilised tour ticket bundles, with an estimated 185k sales coming from that offer. It sold just 48k the next week, though and it only stayed on the charts for 13 weeks overall. Remember that she had the SB hype helping her out (which is also how Give Me All Your Lovin' managed to hit #10 in America). It's very telling that no one seems to remember that album anymore yet it only came out 8 years ago and had so much hype at the time.

i live in a world where MDNA was #1 but not Ray of Light or Rebel HeartΒ :spin:

ice heard one side from above

P!nk has four number 1 songs

π•žπ•ͺ π•“π•šπ•˜π•˜π•–π•€π•₯ π•–π•Ÿπ•–π•žπ•ͺ π•šπ•€ π•žπ•–, 𝕑𝕠𝕑 𝕒 πŸ‘πŸ™πŸ™

StrawberryBlond
52 minutes ago, ARTnFAME said:

P!nk has four number 1 songs

I mentioned that features don't count, the singer in question must be the focus of the song. Lady Marmalade had 4 people on it and each one only had a teeny verse each, so hardly her song, nor was it any of the other singer's songs either (I'm still mystified as to why the official video is on Christina's channel and no one else's even though she sang the exact same amount that the others sang and didn't add any new lyrics). I'm not discounting it because it's a cover but it certainly doesn't help that it's not a solo song.

Archived