Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Females with the most BB #1 singles & albums

StrawberryBlond

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

Seeing as we love female popstars here, I thought it was worth the time to put together all their Billboard #1 singles and albums and see where they line up against each other. Its always been hard for women to get #1 hits, even in America, it took years until women frequently became a fixture at the top of the charts, so this is why a list like this is much easier to compile than doing the same for men, who not only find it easier to get #1's but can continuously keep them coming. When a woman has more than a few #1's, she really is a rare exception, hence this list. I've decided that in order to make this list, the woman/female band has to have at least 3 #1 singles and albums to make the list. Male/female duos and mixed groups don't count, it must be all female. The only #1 singles that count are the solo ones where the female artist is the lead act, features don't count, but proper duets do. And as for albums, again, 3 or more to make the list, duet albums, live albums and compilation albums count but video albums do not. And it can all go as far back as music has been recorded.

From least amount of #1's to most, here we are...

Females with the most Billboard #1 singles

3 - Kelly Clarkson (A Moment Like This, My Life Would Suck Without You, Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)), Pink (So What, Raise Your Glass, Just Give Me A Reason), Christina Aguilera (Genie In A Bottle, What A Girl Wants, Come On Over (All I Want Is You)), Fergie (London Bridge, Glamorous, Big Girls Don't Cry)

4 - TLC (Creep, Waterfalls, No Scrubs, Unpretty), Donna Summer (MacArthur Park, Hot Stuff, Bad Girls, No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)), Destiny's Child (Bills,Bills,Bills, Say My Name, Independent Women Part. I, Bootylicious), Britney Spears (Baby...One More Time, Womanizer, 3, Hold It Against Me), Adele (Rolling In The Deep, Smeone Like You, Set Fire To The Rain, Hello), Celine Dion (The Power Of Love, Because You Loved Me, My Heart Will Go On, I'm Your Angel), Cher (Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves, Half-Breed, Dark Lady, Believe), Jennifer Lopez (If You Had My Love, I'm Real, Ain't It Funny, All I Have), Lady Gaga (Just Dance, Pokerface, Born This Way, Shallow)

5 - Barbra Streisand (The Way We Were, Evergreen, You Don't Bring Me Flowers, No More Tears (Enough Is Enough), Woman In Love), Olivia Newton-John (I Honestly Love You, Have You Never Been Mellow, You're The One That I Want, Magic, Physical), Beyonce (Crazy In Love, Baby Boy, Check On It, Irreplaceable, Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)), Taylor Swift (We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, Shake It Off, Blank Space, Bad Blood, Look What You Made Me Do)

6 - Diana Ross (Ain't No Mountain High Enough, Touch Me In The Morning, Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You're Going To), Love Hangover, Upside Down, Endless Love), Paula Abdul (Straight Up, Forever Your Girl, Cold Hearted, Opposites Attract, Rush Rush, The Promise Of A New Day)

8 - The Andrews Sisters (Bei Mir Bist Du Schön (Means That You're Grand), Ferryboat Serenade, Shoo-Shoo Baby, A Hot Time In The Town Of Berlin, Don't Fence Me In, Rum And Coca Cola, I Can Dream,Can't I?, I Wanna Be Loved)

9 - Katy Perry (I Kissed A Girl, California Gurls, Teenage Dream, Firework, E.T., Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F), Part Of Me, Roar, Dark Horse)

10 - Janet Jackson (When I Think Of You, Miss You Much, Escapade, Black Cat, Love Will Never Do (Without You), That's The Way Love Goes, Again, Together Again, Doesn't Really Matter, All For You)

11 - Whitney Houston (Saving All My Love For You, How Will I Know, The Greatest Love Of All, I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me), Didn't We Almost Have It All, So Emotional, Where Do Broken Hearts Go, I'm Your Baby Tonight, All The Man That I Need, I Will Always Love You, Exhale (Shoop Shoop), Rihanna (SOS, Umbrella, Take A Bow, Disturbia, Rude Boy, Only Girl (In The World), What's My Name, S&M, We Found Love, Diamonds, Work)

12 - The Supremes (Where Did Our Love Go, Baby Love, Come See About Me, Stop! In The Name Of Love, Back In My Arms Again, I Hear A Symphony, You Can't Hurry Love, You Keep Me Hanging On, Love Is Here And Now You're Gone, The Happening, Love Child, Someday We'll Be Together, Madonna (Like A Virgin, Crazy For You, Live To Tell, Papa Don't Preach, Open Your Heart, Who's That Girl, Like A Prayer, Vogue, Justify My Love, This Used To Be My Playground, Take A Bow, Music)

18 - Mariah Carey (Vision Of Love, Love Takes Time, Someday, I Don't Wanna Cry, Emotions, I'll Be There, Dreamlover, Hero, Fantasy, One Sweet Day, Always Be My Baby, Honey, My All, Heartbreaker, Thank God I Found You, We Belong Together, Don't Forget About Us, Touch My Body)

Females with the most Billboard #1 albums

3 - Kelly Clarkson (Thankful, All I Ever Wanted, Piece By Piece), Pink (The Truth About Love, Beautiful Trauma, Hurts 2B Human), Donna Summer (Bad Girls, Live And More, On the Radio: Greatest Hits Volumes I & II), Olivia Newton-John (If You Love Me,Let Me Know, Have You Never Been Mellow, Grease), Katy Perry (Teenage Dream, Prism, Witness), The Supremes (The Supremes A' Go-Go, TCB, The Greatest Hits), Miley Cyrus (Meet Miley Cyrus, Breakout, Bangerz)

4 - Celine Dion (Falling Into You, Let's Talk About Love, A New Day Has Come, All The Way...A Decade Of Song), Whitney Houston (Whitney Houston, Whitney, I Look To You, The Bodyguard), Carrie Underwood (Carnival Ride, Play On, Blown Away, Cry Pretty), Ariana Grande (Yours Truly, My Everything, Sweetener, Thank U,Next)

5 - Lady Gaga (Born This Way, ARTPOP, Cheek To Cheek, Joanne, A Star Is Born)

6 - Britney Spears (Baby...One More Time, Oops!...I Did It Again, Britney, In The Zone, Circus, Femme Fatale), Beyonce (Dangerously In Love, B'Day, I Am...Sasha Fierce, 4, Beyonce, Lemonade), Taylor Swift (Fearless, Speak Now, Red, 1989, Reputation, Lover), Mariah Carey (Mariah Carey, Music Box, Daydream, Butterfly, The Emancipation Of Mimi, E=MC2)

7 - Janet Jackson (Control, Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814, janet., The Velvet Rope, All For You, Discipline, Unbreakable)

9 - Madonna (Like A Virgin, True Blue, Like A Prayer, Music, American Life, Confessions On A Dance Floor, Hard Candy, MDNA, Madame X)

11 - Barbra Streisand (People, The Way We Were, Guilty, The Broadway Album, Back To Broadway, Higher Ground, Love Is The Answer, Partners, Encore: Movie Partners Sing Broadway, Barbra Streisand's Greatest Hits Volume 2, A Star Is Born)

So, what do you think? Where did your faves rank? Was there anyone you were surprised to see listed? Anyone you were surprised to see not listed? Anyone who had more or less successes than you imagined? And do you think there's anyone I missed out?

1 minute ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

Million Reasons should have been #1, but hey, we're (sadly) in the streaming age

This is off topic, but I'll just say that the whole streaming thing has destroyed the hype around music. Cause like, who needs something they can have for free?

Pop Music
13 minutes ago, Hades said:

The Andrews Sisters

I think they were probs from the 50's or 60's 

The_Andrews_Sisters_1952.JPG

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

alextruper17
23 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Lady Gaga and Mariah on both lists :enigma:

And Miss Taylor Swift <3

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

Doncho
26 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

This is off topic, but I'll just say that the whole streaming thing has destroyed the hype around music. Cause like, who needs something they can have for free?

Well actually its for the better since you dont need to spend money and its easier to get. The only bad thing about it is that it doesnt benefit Gaga :selena:

Pop Music
1 minute ago, Clumsy Monster said:

@Haus Swiftie @alextruper17 Ms Taylor could have her 7's had it not been blocked by a song which I wouldn't name it:madge:

it was tragic wasn't it :air:

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Just now, Doncho said:

Well actually its for the better since you dont need to spend money and its easier to get. The only bad thing about it is that it doesnt benefit Gaga :selena:

It's really not "for the better"... It treats music as if it was worth nothing, and honnestly, owing an album is just so much more exciting than just listening to it for free, which just feels like the music's soul is dead

ArtGagaPop
1 hour ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

Million Reasons should have been #1, but hey, we're (sadly) in the streaming age

true, but so many gaga songs felt/deserved to be #1 even when we weren't in the streaming era. Especially songs like Bad romance (:air:) and The edge of glory. Also so many songs of hers like Paparazzi/Telephone/Alejandro etc feels just as big if not bigger as many #1 by like Rihanna and Katy. I think it's just bad planing around the single/or no promo that didn't make them go #1, meanwhile other labels and artists made a much bigger effort for them to hit #1. 

Doncho
26 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

It's really not "for the better"... It treats music as if it was worth nothing, and honnestly, owing an album is just so much more exciting than just listening to it for free, which just feels like the music's soul is dead

I agree with that and I love buying an album to listen to it for the first time. But things change and people want to have the music the MOMENT its released. And streaming is also a way to sell more, due to piracy on the internet. At least it became a way for artists to still get money.

Archived