💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will Gaga's comeback single be a hit?

theahsfan

Featured Posts

HeavyCapiLover

Depends on if it's a bop or not and if it's not too different or experimental. But this is like de 15th thread with this question and none of us will know it until the day she drops the lead

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ryusei

Depends on how much hype they can generate. I mean selena had like 3 singles before and all of them went like: oh cool to forgotten in 2 days and now suddenly she hits #1 because god knows why. 

Musery

FfFfFfFF
21 minutes ago, theahsfan said:

Well it's been well over a year since Shallow so yeah, a comeback single

Using the term the Ariana way I see.

theahsfan
1 minute ago, Ryusei said:

Depends on how much hype they can generate. I mean selena had like 3 singles before and all of them went like: oh cool to forgotten in 2 days and now suddenly she hits #1 because god knows why. 

Yeah..

Kill Em With Kindess - #39

We Don't Talk Anymore (collab) - #9

Trust Nobody (collab) - Bubbling Under #3

It Ain't Me (collab) - #10

Bad Liar - #20

Fetish - #27

Wolves (collab) - #20

Back To You - #18

Taki Taki (collab) - #11

Anxiety (collab) #--

I Can't Get Enough - #66

Lose You To Love Me - #1

It doesn't make a lot of sense, maybe it's because of the Justin Bieber/Hailey buzz or because of Spotify promoting it/shoving it in people's faces

ryansamonster

If it sounds good, people will listen. If she releases a visually striking video with the single release then I’d anticipate a successful debut! 

43 minutes ago, Oshawott said:

Nope. She wasted all the good will and media attention from the first half of 2019. Nobody's checking for her anymore.

She's still going viral week in, week out, making headlines just for falling off a stage or trolling on her Twitter account. Doubt that, hun. People are still checking for her more than they did, say, 5 years ago, or even 2 years ago

nswain1110

Totally depends on the song and whether or not it's good enough to be consumed by the masses - the GP likes Gaga again, but the music has to be good also. Regarding Selena, she released an amazing song and the #1 was well deserved. People wanted to hear it and they wanted to hear it more than once. 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

BabylonHooker

the song needs to be really good good. A super catchy hook on the first listen and makes people want to listen to it again and again :music: Also the promo should be everywhere like the way Taylor did with ME !

GAGA IS MY LIFELINE

1ooo d0veZ
34 minutes ago, theahsfan said:

But she's literally just had almost a second career peak and is VERY popular now (see my quoted post above for receipts).

She benefited from a critically acclaimed movie and soundtrack in conjunction with affair rumours. That doesn't mean her next Top 40 pop era is safe. What it means is middle aged white people really,really loved ASIB. That's ALL that means. It means very little as it translates to the fickle 16-30 year old mainstream. If anything, any significant  impact ASIB's success MAY  have had on her follow-up release has now expired...as stated several times already in this thread. I'd ADORE being proved wrong but I just don't see it.

Just trying to save you from getting your feelings hurt when the lead pulls a " Work Bitch" come January/February.

No, I won't elaborate. I just told you.

Edonis

It just depends on the song. I honestly don't think genre is going to determine the success alone, but rather if the GP likes it enough. I think it will still debut high though, probably top 10, maybe even top 5. 

not Chromatica

Who knows/cares. By now she's proven she has staying power and is kind of the reigning queen of unexpected comebacks.

What I care for the most is that she commits to this era. I really hope LG6 is her passion project (or at least a really fun one) rather then the-long-overdue-pop-album.

JazzGa

It definitely will. I think even a crap song would chart well. The public is thirsty thirsty thirsty for a Gaga hit in a way I have never seen before. Gaga used to have so many haters during her previous chart-topping eras and this time, since Shallah, she doesn't even have a significant number of haters to contend with! So I think it'll be a big commercial success even if the song isn't what we think of as "the best." 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with BrianđŸŽș and SteveđŸŽ·

Archived