🎃 Spotify Playlist 🎃

Sign in to follow this  
society

Quebec Raising Cannabis Legal Age By 3 Years

Economy

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/quebec-government-forges-ahead-with-cannabis-age-restrictions-despite-criticism-1.1340269

Quebec which currently has the Federal minimum age of 18 for recreational Cannabis use is raising the age to 21 which will be the oldest age in Canada

Alberta the only other Province with the age set at 18 will now have the youngest allowed age for purchase of legal recreational marijuana 

Most other Provinces have the age set at 19 which is also the legal drinking age in the majority of Provinces

Quebec ironically has the lowest alcohol drinking age in Canada at 18 but has decided to treat cannabis differently

• Like 1

thierryrreiht

It doesn’t affect me but it’s so stupid to have alcohol at 18 and weed at 21...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

gumzy3000

That is the dumbest decision. I will share this again, weed is way better than alcohol. 

A messy blend of logic and sass

Economy
48 minutes ago, thierryrreiht said:

It doesn’t affect me but it’s so stupid to have alcohol at 18 and weed at 21...

Yeah... every other Province set it the same age as their alcohol age

Quebec always likes to act like they are the progressives of Canada but in many aspects they are the most regressive :air:

when it comes to tolerance and acceptance of diversity they are like the most hostile (excluding the Montreal area which shares more political values with english Canada)

No offence to Quebequers tho. Im talking about Government policies. On an individual level of course it depends on the person

Edited by Economy
  • Thanks 1

River

How Quebecic of them:laughga:

I'd rather be dead but I guess I'm alive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • LMAO 1

JessicaCampbell74U

Then it is better to have both alcohol, cannabis, and cigarette age restrictions. But not one after another. Anyway, everyone under age will find a way to get it.

Tobcho

Having lived in Montreal for years, I actually think this is a good thing. It felt like everyone was high all the time when they legalized weed. Since I'm European I don't see why the drinking age should be 21 but frankly for weed, yes. While alcohol is more toxic, it's just a social substance in most cases. If you don't go overboard you're fine. Weed in my experience is a very antisocial drug and the behaviour-altering effects of a joint are much more noticeable and inadequate than those of a drink or two. Idk, I think Quebec has been a little out of it since they legalized weed but that's maybe just my opinion :huntyga:

• LMAO 1

JessicaCampbell74U

Well, I get your point. Probably, those people were just happy that it is legal and smoked it everywhere. But I think that the number of weed smokers will decline, and only those who are underage will remain. I think everyone when they are underage they tried to get alcohol or weed. When I was a teen, I tried to sneak out with friends and get booze. When it became legal to buy alcohol, I simply lost interest in that. I just drink occasionally. The same thing with weed. Instead of smoking weed, I switched to vape with CBD oil. I order it on knockoutcbd.com and no more hiding from parents.

Edited by JessicaCampbell74U

mariomania1234

I read this as Quebec Raising Cannibals Legal Age By 3 Years. :rip:

• LMAO 2

Glamourpuss

Locking because it's old.