💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will the streaming era ever end?

KleinGa

Featured Posts

KleinGa

Will we ever be free of the streaming era? Is this hold that it has on pop music going to last forever? 

Discuss

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pop Music
1 minute ago, KleinGa said:

Is this hold that it has on pop music going to last forever

I desperately hope not

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Mirrion Rizzons

it will stay, I can't think of how music listening can develop even further, but maybe people said the same about CDs.

CDs and digital download are dead now and will stay dead,

maybe CDs will become the new vintage 'vinyl' for the upcoming generation and be "aesthetic" for "artsy" kids

Morphine Prince

Not anytime soon. Streaming is more representative of what people are listening to anyway. Just because you buy a song/album does't mean you're actually listening to it. With streaming, TRUE popularity is measured. 

SharkmanthaC

I think it'll be around for awhile.  As @Mirrion Rizzons said, not sure how it will be replaced but as technology develops I'm sure something will take its place.  Not sure we'll be around for it.

she/her/hers

JusKeepBreathin

In 2046 just in time for LG6

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Economy
17 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Not anytime soon. Streaming is more representative of what people are listening to anyway. Just because you buy a song/album does't mean you're actually listening to it. With streaming, TRUE popularity is measured. 

This this this! Ive said this many times in threads

the issue with sales is a person (excluding super obsessed fans trying to get their fav to chart higher) only buy a song one time... then u have no way of knowing if they jam to it for only 2 weeks and get tired of it or if they listen to it for 3 months. That persons sale only counted for that one week

so sales to me are very limited in what they tell us of listening activity and therefore very flawed for measuring charts

with streaming u measure each listen week after week

ppl may hate on it but it really is far more accurate for charts than sales ever were

Morphine Prince
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

This this this! Ive said this many times in threads

the issue with sales is a person (excluding super obsessed fans trying to get their fav to chart higher) only buy a song one time... then u have no way of knowing if they jam to it for only 2 weeks and get tired of it or if they listen to it for 3 months. That persons sale only counted for that one week

so sales to me are very limited and flawed for measuring charts

with streaming u measure each listen week after week

ppl may hate on it but it really is far more accurate for charts than sales ever were

They hate on it because their preferred type of music isn't what's hot right now. I bet you 100% if streaming was as big as it has been in the last 4-5 years in 2009 when Gaga smashed, these hypocrites would have no issue with streaming. 

Economy
1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

They hate on it because their preferred type of music isn't what's hot right now. I bet you 100% if streaming was as big as it has been in the last 4-5 years in 2009 when Gaga smashed, these hypocrites would have no issue with streaming. 

Agreed :laughga:

But a lot of ppl also criticize change and see streaming as cheap and not a true way to support an artist

its convinient new technology and things change. At least they get payed per stream and it adds up better than illegal downloading. Way more ppl use paid streaming services now then people who used to buy singles. Most ppl didnt pay for music at all (limewire teas) so i dont think their drop in revenues is that drastic overall

And again as far as charts go, its simply just more accurate. Real activity is tracked for as many weeks as you listen to a song vs only counting ur activity all in one week when you purchase the song

So the charts in the streaming era are definitely have a much smaller margin for error in terms of measuring overall popularity in a ranking :shrug:

PACGAGA

I hope, i'm over it lol. Im sick of these recent artist who get by because of streaming numbers. 

But I don't see it happening anytime soon. I don't like to say that "pure" physical sales are completely dead because there HAS been a recent resurgence with items like Cd/Vinyl/Cassette and doesn't really matter if its only for aesthetics because its still being purchased sooo...

People will always find streaming easier because they find it better just selecting a song they like where back in the day they were forced to listen to a full body of work until they get to the song they actually liked. Its sad but at least Beyonce warned us lmao

ryansamonster

I can’t think of an easier way to make music accessible, so I don’t think it will end anytime soon. Sure, vinyl/cds/cassettes will still be around but with technology continuously advancing I don’t think a physical media form will overtake in popularity again. 

Economy
1 minute ago, PACGAGA said:

I hope, i'm over it lol. Im sick of these recent artist who get by because of streaming numbers. 

But I don't see it happening anytime soon. I don't like to say that "pure" physical sales are completely dead because there HAS been a recent resurgence with items like Cd/Vinyl/Cassette and doesn't really matter if its only for aesthetics because its still being purchased sooo...

People will always find streaming easier because they find it better just selecting a song they like where back in the day they were forced to listen to a full body of work until they get to the song they actually liked. Its sad but at least Beyonce warned us lmao

Artists getting by in what way?

and i dont think its sad at all that weve moved from sales to streaming. Its the 21st century. We increase convinience with digitalization

also as i said, charts are far more accurate now thanks to it

I think we reached the ultimate music experience. Can’t any one even think of another easier way to listen to music legally?

Archived