💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Shane Dawson & Jeffree Star

xcx

Featured Posts

Pop Music
Just now, sethrb101 said:

The inaccuracy :wtfga: Shane has hopped on trends for years, which could be considered selling out, but now he is actually doing something he is passionate about. I have seen others begin to mimic his recent style as well.

tenor.gif

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Luke78619
1 minute ago, Ryusei said:

that stuff aside the editing is... something like we‘re jumping around from topic to topic in a matter of seconds sometimes.. which I get the intention behind but it doesn‘t get across the way it is meant.

I thought I was the only one, the editing is **** in this series :ladyhaha: 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

4 minutes ago, SEANGT said:

Okay 20 minutes of googling later, I can't find any reason to "cancel" jeffree star over racism. He said horrible racist things as a dumb myspace kid & learned better & apologized. That doesn't mean anyone has to like him or forgive him. But I think it's worth noting that the person he is today isn't out being a white supremacist. 

Shane....even more so, the stuff against him is....silly. 

You guys need to chill before you jump on the bandwagon and think people are absolutely evil. 

The series is absolutely a 6-hour ad campaign. But it was interesting. Shane is obviously very well-off, but like anyone, feels like he should be doing better when looking at his peers. This was a fun inside look at that process. I don't think it's all staged or inauthentic. Is he insecure and all "aw poor-me" when he shouldn't be? Absolutely. But that's how he really feels. 

There's no big drama or anything to hate on here that I can find. I watched the entire series so far. 

I’m not jumping on any bandwagon. As a black person, seeing that they did these things as adults makes me not want to support them because they should’ve known better. Even if you don’t care about all of the racism of the past, the whole James Charles scandal is enough for them to be cancelled in my eyes.

Ryusei
Just now, sethrb101 said:

The inaccuracy :wtfga: Shane has hopped on trends for years, which could be considered selling out, but now he is actually doing something he is passionate about. I have seen others begin to mimic his recent style as well.

Recent style being not showering and wearing the same shirt with holes in it every day? Come on. He is passionate about Hillary Duff and Film-Making but not about makeup... that‘s delusional i‘m sorry

Musery

3 minutes ago, xcx said:

I’m not jumping on any bandwagon. As a black person, seeing that they did these things as adults makes me not want to support them because they should’ve known better. Even if you don’t care about all of the racism of the past, the whole James Charles scandal is enough for them to be cancelled in my eyes.

yeah that's fair on the racism thing. The James Charles thing is just like ... weird and gross. But mostly seems like jeffree believed or still believes some rumors like an idiot & then decided not to push it. Not like he has any first-hand knowledge I dont think?

The whole thing is just like....I can't believe I even know as much as I do about it lmao. I need to stop. 

6 minutes ago, Felixorfelicia said:

Ok and? Just don’t watch their videos and don’t buy his (incredibly good) makeup.

really simple!

If you can just say “okay and” without proving anything I said wrong while being entirely dismissive then I think you need to do some soul searching.

Sepsami
5 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

I‘m done... i‘m not gonna discuss further here it‘s honestly tiring seeing everyone follow shane like a bunch of sheep...

OR people have a different opinion than yours

Not everything you say is a fact OOP-

Morphine Prince

I've been watching Shane since 2009. Even when his videos were non-PC. It was dark comedy and yeah he crossed the line a couple of times. Those were different times. You can't change the past but you can evolve. He has apologized and re-branded himself.

Jeffree Star has apologized multiple times for racist videos from a decade ago. 

Shane is not saying he is poor. But let's be real. He should be one of the top earners of the YouTube community seeing as how long his career has lasted and the impact he has had. 

He has managed to rebrand himself several times and his support has only grown. 

This makeup line is a cash grab. AND? What is the issue? He seems into based on the series and they seem really proud of their product. If I had a friend who owned their own company I would be excited to collaborate and make money off my brand. There is NOTHING wrong with that. 

Morphine Prince
10 minutes ago, xcx said:

Even if you don’t care about all of the racism of the past, the whole James Charles scandal is enough for them to be cancelled in my eyes.

Jeffree accused James of trying to molest Greyson Dolan. Yet the Dolan Twins are friends with Jeffree and making videos with him. Something is not clicking. We clearly don't know the full story. 

It's looking like James won't be in the clear when and if the truth comes out. 

Lottie Winters

I really hope you never ever make a mistake, because I guess you can’t come back from it and have a successful life even ten years after the fact. 

1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

Jeffree accused James of trying to molest Greyson Dolan. Yet the Dolan Twins are friends with Jeffree and making videos with him. Something is not clicking. We clearly don't know the full story. 

It's looking like James won't be in the clear when and if the truth comes out. 

However, James also said that the Dolan twins were the first people who called him to check if he was okay when the scandal broke out. We don’t know the full story, but saying someone is a danger to society and then saying you’re not going to expose them because you’re the “bigger person” is gross regardless of whether James is innocent or not.

Sepsami

It's almost as if we weren't there to witness all the drama and don't know the full story because of it :spin:

4 minutes ago, Wifey said:

I really hope you never ever make a mistake, because I guess you can’t come back from it and have a successful life even ten years after the fact. 

I wouldn’t really call putting on blackface a “mistake.” Especially when you’re an adult who should know better.

6 minutes ago, Wifey said:

If this person doesn't feel like forgiving them, that's totally fine and justified. Don't blow up one person's opinion to ending somebody's career. 

Archived