💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Recommend me alt-pop albums (like Charli)

Guest Blue Madonna

Featured Posts

Guest Blue Madonna

Hey team, so there's this huge growing genre in the Ghey™️ community, the genre of alt-pop which is mainly dominated by women, featuring artists such as Charli XBOX, K*m P****s, Poppy, Brooke Candy, and more.  Now, I have very mixed opinions on this genre :selena: I loved Charli and I've been enjoying Pop 2, while I can't stand artists like Kim Petras who I think just sound basic and boring. @Varys hit me with the 'Kim is boring' gif please :whitney:

good sis @Ladey Gaygay's thread earlier about Am I A Girl? has again piqued my interest in this genre and I think I finally want to delve into it :huntyga: 

So I'm looking for recommendations! I know it's hard when I like Charli but not Kim so it'll really be hit or miss but I would love if you guys could give me a couple of recommendations based off of the songs I can tell you I enjoy. 

I LOVE Next Level Charli, Gone, 2099, 1999. I hate Click (too experimental for me, this one is earrape imo). I'm only halfway through Pop 2 but I really like Backseat, Tears, and I Got It. I didn't like Out Of My Head, again I felt that this one was too basic/didn't bring anything new to the table. I loved Art Angels by Grimes as well. I started Caroline Polachek's new album and I think it sounds good.

Btw I would love to find some male artists in this genre.

So with that knowledge is there anything you  guys could recommend me? Thank you very much!  :awesome:

Ryusei

Maybe... Slayyyter‘s album (self-titled) or Dorian Electra‘s Flamboyant
Red Hearse (also self-titled) maybe? Idk if that‘s really the genre you‘re looking for though lol

Musery

Guest Blue Madonna
11 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

Maybe... Slayyyter‘s album (self-titled) or Dorian Electra‘s Flamboyant
Red Hearse (also self-titled) maybe? Idk if that‘s really the genre you‘re looking for though lol

I love Red Hearse! That's kind of what I'm getting at yeah. Thanks for the suggestions. Thanks @Ladey Gaygay too :heart:

@Anveeroy I *think* you're joking :poot: 

Guest Blue Madonna
Just now, FfFfFfFF said:

LP1 by FKA twigs

Ooh yes I've been listening to her new singles. I'll try this one out for sure.

likeitrough

BANKS - III

Slayyyter - selftitled

Tove Lo - Lady Wood, Blue Lips

Sophie Ellis Bextor - Make A Scene (more pop than alt)

then artists like:

Hannah Diamond's work.
Danny L Harle's work.
Dorian Electra's work.

FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, Blue Madonna said:

Ooh yes I've been listening to her new singles. I'll try this one out for sure.

Her EPs are also worth-checking. Unpopular opinion but I love them more than the album.

22 minutes ago, Blue Madonna said:

. @Varys hit me with the 'Kim is boring' gif please :whitney:

Your wish is my command 

giphy.gif

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

DutchHooker
10 minutes ago, Varys said:

Your wish is my command 

giphy.gif

Well Kim Petras IS Basic, but that's why I live for here, every pop-girls wants to be dIfFerEnT and I just missed the good ol' pop vibes without caring and without wanting to be something else and not really pop. Just gimme 2011 pop and I'm a satisfied hunty.

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

A Hybrid

It’s nothing like Charli XCX but try “The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw And Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do” by Fiona Apple

you have to try because I actually typed that :neyde:

No family’s safe when I sashay

Archived