💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I don't think KP5 will come

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

KatyPerry.jpg

When she first dropped Never Really Over, Katy started a rather directionless era whereby she said she wasn't even sure if there's gonna be an album, and that she just enjoyed dropping songs as she pleased. Never Really Over, however, garnered critical and moderate commercial success, bringing her some attention. The attention and hype however, wasn't as strong as when she dropped Chained to the Rhythm or Roar, when she made it clear from the outset that those lead singles would herald a completely new era, with new aesthetics, new singles and music videos and a new tour. This obviously isn't the case with Never Really Over.

perry-hippie.jpg

Not to mention she also dropped 365 with Zedd before NRO, which took away the 'lead single hype' of NRO, and by the time she drops Small Talk, people are already confused as to what she's doing. Is this a new era? Is she pulling a Rihanna ala announcing the 'real lead single' later?

Just when we thought the album isn't coming any sooner upon Small Talk's underperformance, Katy confirmed that 'there will be an album', and proceeded with a third single, Harleys in Hawaii, predicted to debut at #100 on Billboard Hot 100. :air: Now, I admire her audacity and insistence on releasing her own creation, but the lack of coherence and thematic direction of this era is getting obvious. What really is this new album supposed to represent? The visuals went from 'Florence the Machine'-esque to extravagant vintage to black, leather edgy.

Katy-Perry-Small-Talk-2019-billboard-154

Being someone who enjoys Katy Perry's music and performances, of course I want to see a fully developed era, however, I can't imagine the label greenlighting her release. She's not really out there in the media, doesn't have a promotional schedule for the album, and is making decisions at her own whim.

Am I the only one who thinks KP5 won't come?

gagaxsebert

I want a new album too but I think she needs to take a break and try redevelop her career and then come back 

Used to be HighRoad

RickMonster98

Maybe she could just drop a GH, including all the songs released during the year and then take a break before a real huge comeback in 2020:ohwell:

her situation makes me sad tho, how did this happen:giveup: she used to be so huge now she struggles to even chart  

letsgetdirrty
5 minutes ago, RickMonster98 said:

Maybe she could just drop a GH, including all the songs released during the year

Do those things even sell anymore?

Xtina | Gaga | Britney | Madonna | Beyoncé | Janet | Ciara | Ashanti | Brandy | Monica | Paula | Jessica

these song may be flop in the charts, but they are the bops that giving me life.:wub:

there is only one bitch // the real one // B R I T N E Y

FfFfFfFF

The GP doesn't nearly care about album eras as much as stans..  if they are interested in the artists and the songs they are putting out, they will make them hits regardless of the rol out, see Rihanna or Ariana. 

nenhures
Just now, letsgetdirrty said:

I think that GH albums kinda lost their market after things like Spotify playlists became a thing.

RAMROD

tenor.gif?itemid=5038513

How will the candy gays live on?!? :diane:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

4 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5038513

I don't think she is sticky and sweet anymore after Prism.
The Witness gave birth to sexual dominant Katy Perry.
:firega:

Bradley
3 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5038513

By listening to the new Queen of Pop of course.

tenor.gif?itemid=13565665

Just now, Bradley said:

By listening to the new Queen of Pop of course.

tenor.gif?itemid=13565665

:trollga:

RickMonster98
16 minutes ago, letsgetdirrty said:

if enrique iglesias can make a GH album, i don't see why katy can't :triggered: i don't care if it doesn't sell, i just don't want 365, NRO, ST, HIH to be non-album singles :poot:

Archived