๐Ÿ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA ๐Ÿ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion

Americano

Featured Posts

Americano

Same issue as Pink's Try which is now down to #63.

No room for another single on radio with the previous one peaking. The public can't tell the diff between them and promo tracks.

Just too much going on with releases in general, it's hard for anything to really take over.

I don't think Rihanna even has a shot at #1, but Ke$ha might with her music video. One Direction and Bruno Mars are swooping in next week though.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Ozzy8923

• Nick

MANiCURE1295

Diamonds defintiely caught on with me. It's pretty different then anything out now. And it's the first song from Rihanna in a while that doesn't sound like it was just made to be generic and get #1 status

After a complete day of listenning to Kesha and Rihanna new songs I can say this :

FLAT.

I won't have longevity maybe just a quick impact and gone few weeks later (like Britney Hold It Against Me).

Really familiar, too much generic (Kesha), lack of power (Rihanna).

MANiCURE1295

After a complete day of listenning to Kesha and Rihanna new songs I can say this :

FLAT.

I won't have longevity maybe just a quick impact and gone few weeks later (like Britney Hold It Against Me).

Really familiar, too much generic (Kesha), lack of power (Rihanna).

Really? I think that Die Young is one of Ke$ha's better singles. Like I said earlier. Ke$ha has a niche in pop music. Generic trashy glittery pop music. It works for her. I didn't expect much out of her anyway so...and Rihanna's vocals in Diamonds is pretty awesome. Both are defintiely worth checking out. Overall pretty good releases by the pop girls so far. Nothing AMAZING and Career changing but still good.

The problem with Rihanna is that she's constantly there. There's no difference between her era. No progression in her artistic vision.

Everyone will pay attention to her new song but will be done later. She got no solid fanbase.

To me, she's like that HOT chick in a bar, everyone will want to grab her home, but nobody truly cares about her.

Really? I think that Die Young is one of Ke$ha's better singles. Like I said earlier. Ke$ha has a niche in pop music. Generic trashy glittery pop music. It works for her. I didn't expect much out of her anyway so...and Rihanna's vocals in Diamonds is pretty awesome. Both are defintiely worth checking out. Overall pretty good releases by the pop girls so far. Nothing AMAZING and Career changing but still good.

I agree with you. Still, those 2 won't hold long enough. They are too boring. No enough substance in those songs. I'm already done with these songs with only 10 listens. And with all the release coming, I don't think they can grab the top spot long enough.

But good job to Rihanna for trying something a little bit different.

IT IS ME OR... The first 10 sec of Diamonds sound exactly like the chords progression of M83 Midnight City.

Edited by _Lam

MANiCURE1295

The problem with Rihanna is that she's constantly there. There's no difference between her era. No progression in her artistic vision.

Everyone will pay attention to her new song but will be done later. She got no solid fanbase.

To me, she's like that HOT chick in a bar, everyone will want to grab her home, but nobody truly cares about her.

I agree with you. Still, those 2 won't hold long enough. They are too boring. No enough substance in those songs. I'm already done with these songs with only 10 listens. And with all the release coming, I don't think they can grab the top spot long enough.

But good job to Rihanna for trying something a little bit different.

IT IS ME OR... The first 10 sec of Diamonds sound exactly like the chords progression of M83 Midnight City.

Well everyone is releasing new music....It's impossible to see who will land on top until all the hype has died down from the single releases

Americano

http://kworb.net/pop/

Kesha's .05 lead over Rihanna holding steady for hours.

I think that's an indication that Kesha is gonna be bigger than Rihanna with these competing singles. It's just more radio friendly and catchier. People will like it a lot more

Americano

so glad Gaga is saving her precious bullets for 2013

too much going on right now, like Bryan said

She'll have Katy, Britney (possibly), Beyonce, possibly Adele, and continuing eras from Bruno/Rihanna/Kesha to compete with next year. I guess we'll see what happens..

2013 will be big for music versus 2012.

Oh and Eminem is returning

Edited by Bryan

The reason I believe the public isn't so tired of Rihanna is because as one critic stated, it's as if Rihanna is a one hit wonder over and over again.

SMASH.

FLOP.

SMASH.

FLOP.

It's repeated itself constantly throughout her career. I can give you some examples. But I really don't want to now.

Nelly Furtado has officially nailed the last nail in her coffin:

The album sold 5,731 and is #79 on the Billboard 200.

I bought it! :party:

Mind you her Spanish album, Mi Plan, debuted with 60K in it's first week.

Edited by ozzy8923

Bruno Mars this week ties Kanye West as the male solo artist with the most 3 million-selling digital hits. Both have amassed seven. Mars achieves the feat with "It Will Rain." Mars' previous songs to top the 3 million mark in digital sales are "Just The Way You Are" (5,324,000), "Grenade" (5,269,000), "The Lazy Song" (3,262,000) and three songs on which he was featured: B.o.B's "Nothin' On You" (3,062,000), Travie McCoy's "Billionaire" (3,272,000) and "Young, Wild & Free" by Snoop Dogg & Wiz Khalifa (3,211,000). Mars' only top 10 hit which has not yet sold 3 million copies is Bad Meets Evil's "Lighters," on which he was featured. And it isn't too far off. The song has sold 2,208,000 copies. (Two female solo artists have tallied seven or more 3 million-sellers. Rihanna leads everybody with nine. Katy Perry, like Mars and West, has had seven.)

The reason I believe the public isn't so tired of Rihanna is because as one critic stated, it's as if Rihanna is a one hit wonder over and over again.

SMASH.

FLOP.

SMASH.

FLOP.

It's repeated itself constantly throughout her career. I can give you some examples. But I really don't want to now.

I feel so bad for Nelly :cry:

I mean, it's not like we didn't see it coming.

It was soooooooooooo obvious that Madonna and Nelly would flop imo.

I questioned the people that thought those 2 would smash with their respective eras :rip:

:rip: Even Kevin Federline's album sold more in its first week.

I feel so bad for her, the album was really good. :cryga: