đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Bad Romance is ten Years old Today

teawhore

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

One year into her career success and people were already trying to leak her stuff. HA IMPACT :diane: That demo shook me to my core and then the SNL performance. I remember when she announced on Twitter that she'd be premiering it there. THROWBACK.

I remember being so confused of that acoustic rendition on SNL cause she mixed with Poker Face and other lyrics about New York. At first I didn’t even catch that she was singing Bad Romance for the first time :saladga:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Born To Slay
23 minutes ago, ThatBinch said:

But also wiser. :trollga:

Ain’t that the truth, it’s good to be old. #19

Franch Toast

I also forgot to add when I posted earlier (I think on the other "Bad Romance" birthday thread): it's criminal that this song never made it to #1 in the US. How?! 

She/Her/Hers

54 minutes ago, Diente said:

I remember being so confused of that acoustic rendition on SNL cause she mixed with Poker Face and other lyrics about New York. At first I didn’t even catch that she was singing Bad Romance for the first time :saladga:

I love when she used to do that (change lyrics). She did it with Telephone as well and it just makes me so happy when she does because it feels very authentically her (a word I hate, ugh). There’s no pageantry or artistry, it’s her musing and you can tell because whenever she does this sort of thing the lyrics carry a similar tone of young, playful wistfulness and nostalgia to them.

Jewels n Drugs

I remember watching the video religiously multiple times a day to the point where i had the whole thing memorized and i would replay in in my head all day at school :flutter: sadly i cant remember the FIRST time i heard it but wow the IMPACT. 

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

My favourite Gaga song and imo one of the greatest pop songs ever created. I still remember how many times I replayed the BURIM EXCLUSIVE leak before the real thing came out. The MV was really (and still is ofc) something and for a short while it was the most watched video on YT. I was 16 ffs :firega:

mmmmonster

The song that gave birth to me!

I didn't care about the pop music scene at all until this came out.  I thought her songs were catchy on the radio but didn't know much about LG beyond her public persona then.   This changed everything.  I wanted to see her perform this live, so I  bought a ticket to TMB 1.0...  I got my stan card stamped that night and the rest is history.

happy birthday! To think I was just a mere 12 year old bopping away to the video with my cousins when it first came out, what a moment!

ryansamonster

This song/video was unlike ANYTHING that came before. Legendary. She knew she was gonna destroy the world with this one. 
lady gaga pop GIF

Side note, has anyone seen that clip where she’s singing BR at the BTWB and she stops and yells at some fans “I’m f*ucking singing Bad Romance!! Why are you sitting?!” I love her :flutter:

When i first heard the song, i felt it was like nothing else out there on the radio. It was chant-y, opera-tic, and out of this world..but still relatable in terms of the lyrics. I was like.."so pop songs can be like this? Mainstream pop songs? Is this really an American pop singer".. And then I saw the video on Youtube, on the news, and was blown away. The gyroscope dress, the sparky bra, the zombie, thriller like scenes... it was so... weird and grand. The pop singer itself was..Art! Again, i was like.."so pop music videos can be like this?" 

...and the rest was history. I stanned..and i stanned the right one.

KatieJudasGaga4
37 minutes ago, ryansamonster said:

Side note, has anyone seen that clip where she’s singing BR at the BTWB and she stops and yells at some fans “I’m f*ucking singing Bad Romance!! Why are you sitting?!” I love her :flutter:

Here it is, its at 4:14

Archived