Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
economy

Canada Elections Tonight: Unlikely To Affect Economy, Both Parties Similar

Featured Posts

Economy

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/business.financialpost.com/executive/posthaste-which-party-will-be-better-for-canadas-economy-theres-one-that-may-have-a-marginally-better-plan/amp

Whether its the Conservatives that win or Trudeaus Liberals, economists are panning that which ever party rules will not affect Canadas economy much either way because both parties have such similar platforms in most major things. The Liberals may result in 0.1% more growth because of slightly higher deficit plans

Both parties want the pipelines built, both parties have a similar deficit plan (Liberals marginally higher) and neither are promising major regulations or deregulations

Both parties vow to cut low and middle class taxes by roughly the same amount of $6 Billion with the Conservatives cutting bottom bracket taxes by 1.25% and Liberals raising the no tax on income threshold but both add to roughly the same savings for most people

Both want to eliminate taxes on parental leave benefits although Liberals suggest getting rid of it all together while the Conservatives proposed a refund of taxes paid during income tax

Both parties are happy with Corporate Taxes at 15% where they are now

The biggest point of disagreement is that the Conservatives want to get rid of the Carbon Tax while Trudeau insists it’s necessary to encourage lower emissions behaviours both in companies and consumers

Edited by Economy

Economy

In case anyone is wondering, the 3rd biggest party the Left Wing NDP is doing rather poorly in the polls this election and the chances of them winning is virtually 0%

they may loose half their current seats

• Sad 3

JustinTrudeau
11 minutes ago, Economy said:

In case anyone is wondering, the 3rd biggest party the Left Wing NDP is doing rather poorly in the polls this election and the chances of them winning is virtually 0%

they may loose half their current seats

Super sad to see this. We don't live with a two-party system, yet Canadians complain like we only have two parties. We have options people! 

I fell down the stairs once as an actor.
  • Like 2

JustinTrudeau
2 minutes ago, Arturo said:

So when do we get the exact results

Not for another few hours. West Coast is still voting, I think their stations are open till 9pm local time?

You can track tonight with this map of the election results:

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/canada-election-results-map_ca_5dae1184e4b0f34e3a7ab738 

I fell down the stairs once as an actor.
  • Like 1

codymonster

Voted for NDP, knowing quite well it probably would be Liberal. Liberal was my second choice, but I really like NDP’s stance on most things.

Sour Jube

"both parties"
If no one forms a majority, we will see all parties playing a big role. Greens and NDP holding balance of power could be incredible!

Economy
2 minutes ago, Sour Jube said:

"both parties"
If no one forms a majority, we will see all parties playing a big role. Greens and NDP holding balance of power could be incredible!

I dont like their plans for the economy at all :emma:

Sour Jube
1 minute ago, Economy said:

I dont like their plans for the economy at all :emma:

There won't be an economy if we don't stop catastrophic climate change.

Apparently the popular vote is up this year, which is good no matter what your beliefs!

• Like 3

Economy

There won't be an economy if we don't stop catastrophic climate change.

Apparently the popular vote is up this year, which is good no matter what your beliefs!

Popular vote like voter turnout?

Sour Jube
1 minute ago, Economy said:

Popular vote like voter turnout?

Haha yes, I accidentally used the wrong term. Please excuse my derp.

• Like 1

Economy

Haha yes, I accidentally used the wrong term. Please excuse my derp.

Ah yes agreed.

i abstained this time tho cuz... well... im not loving any party this time tbh

my support is either for Liberals or Conservatives but i dont agree with either on everything and their platform is kinda similar anyway

since im very uncertain, i chose to obstain :neyde:

Curunir

I hope the Liberals win just because they're gonna keep the Carbon Tax and stick to lowering emissions :madge:

Economy
8 minutes ago, Curunir said:

I hope the Liberals win just because they're gonna keep the Carbon Tax and stick to lowering emissions :madge:

I do agree with the Carbon tax although that on its own is only of a marginal help

the tax isnt high enough to have a very significant impact on consumer behaviour although in the Oil Sands specifically companies are investing a lot in new techologies to lower emissions since they pay the most in Carbon taxes

But Alberta is one of the Provinces that already had their own Carbon Tax plan and is therefore not part of the Federal one which means what happens Federally in the elections wont affect the Oil Industries Carbon Tax

• Like 1

Thomas P

Imagine turning 18 for this ****ery of an election over it head through a wall GIF

First time voter :bye:

Bryoncé, Lorde, Rihanna, Arianna, SZA, and the list goes on