Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
economy

NetFlix To Borrow $2 Billion More... Total Debt $15.5 Billion

Featured Posts

Economy
1 hour ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Have you studied Economics, or do you simply read on your own? If you do that, how do you study these things? I really want to get into it, it's so damn complex :giveup:

As i explained to @AlexanderMagno it was all on my own

but i spend hours and hours a week on this stuff and it took me years to get what i feel it truly a deep understanding of the economy

even now i still learn new things every so often or come up with a new way to see how things work in a macroway from the root

Rio
2 hours ago, adterp said:

Depends on what you are looking for. Netflix gives you just the illusion of choice. You actually spend more time scrolling and finally choose a lame show than watching something actually stimulating. But I understand that Netflix fulfills mainly entertainment needs. 

Seem to think Mubi is the only place to watch stimulating movies. Seen a fair few films that Mubi often provide on Netflix.😩 Films are for entertainment and Mubi is one of many options, period

• Love 1

Economy
1 hour ago, holy scheisse said:

How do they stay operating? I dont understand 

By borrowing :awesome:

• Thanks 1

Curunir
1 hour ago, holy scheisse said:

How do they stay operating? I dont understand 

If you want to learn more or understand more about the economic aspect of this, you can watch this video (it's a long one though):

Netflix are making bank  but they just spend more :vegas:

Edited by Curunir

jacs vs looser
7 hours ago, RAMROD said:

They have plenty big budget shows lately is probably why. Some subscribers, if not most are seasonal than regular. Who just gonna renew their subscription when their fave shows returns with new seasons such as Stranger Things  

If what you say is true, then it might be wise for them to stop releasing their entire seasons at once. I guess that's why Disney+ is doing weekly releases of their shows.

River

WB will buy them, I noticed a big amount of new WB content that has been added in the last few months..

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)

SamanthaC

Wow I had no idea they were in such debt.  They need someone better to handle their financial side. :saladga:

Economy
1 hour ago, SamanthaC said:

Wow I had no idea they were in such debt.  They need someone better to handle their financial side. :saladga:

Some companies do this on purpose when a sector is new cuz they wanna dominate. Just like amazon to dominate the new online retail business they too spent a lot more than they made and had to finance growth with debt

A lot of tech companies did the same during the tech boom of the 90s

its a gamble tho. If u fail to dominate and take off and eventually become profitable, companies like this go babkrupt and get wiped out

Amazon has done a better job of taking market share they were seeking but netflix has a lot of competition so they are more vulnerable

Boyboi12

They better never go out of business :wtfga: what would I watch!!! 

Gracious Gaga

gurl why did you spell it like "NetFlix" ??????? :cryga:

xoxo gracious gaga
  • Like 1

Gracious Gaga

anyways- if I need to borrow some money, where can I sign up?

xoxo gracious gaga

Jewels n Drugs

Lol why did u capitalize the F 

Edited by Jewels n Drugs
oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

gypsy101
11 hours ago, RAMROD said:

They have plenty big budget shows lately is probably why. Some subscribers, if not most are seasonal than regular. Who just gonna renew their subscription when their fave shows returns with new seasons such as Stranger Things  

huh is that really a thing?