Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

AOC to endorse Sanders

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin

meh unimpressed GIF

They have the same supporters, so really who cares.

Edited by JusKeepBreathin
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Sad 1

Morphine Prince

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • LMAO 2
  • Shook 2

OG Gaga Stan
7 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Yeah, that's... not particularly subtle. :saladga:

• Like 1

derpmonster
1 hour ago, Timmers said:

This was obviously going to happen.

She could've pulled what Warren did last election. :awkney:

She endorsed Hillary over Bernie and waited till the last moment when her ideas aligned much more with Bernie's and her backing could've helped Bernie. 

Join my FB Gaga sh*tposting group: I'll Never Release LG6 https://www.facebook.com/groups/185450449037808/
  • Like 3

Matangi

Yeeeeeesss holy ****. I was already planning on going to the rally this weekend in Queens, and hearing this, it is going to be all the more massive, in AOC's own NY14!! 

It's a  full circle moment for me as a supporter, because I first went to a Bernie Sanders rally in 2015 in the Bronx, where the largely unknown AOC was at the time organizing for Bernie's campaign in her own community there, and when she was developing her own political platform. What a massive shift four years can make! 

Let's bring it home and support the ideological leader of the new democratic party: Senator Bernie Sanders.

• YAAAS 5
  • Love 1

Gov Hooka
10 minutes ago, Matangi said:

Yeeeeeesss holy ****. I was already planning on going to the rally this weekend in Queens, and hearing this, it is going to be all the more massive, in AOC's own NY14!! 

It's a  full circle moment for me as a supporter, because I first went to a Bernie Sanders rally in 2015 in the Bronx, where the largely unknown AOC was at the time organizing for Bernie's campaign in her own community there, and when she was developing her own political platform. What a massive shift four years can make! 

Let's bring it home and support the ideological leader of the new democratic party: Senator Bernie Sanders.

wait did you go to the one in St Mary’s Park in the South Bronx? It was one of my first “political experiences” and I loved it!! 

• Love 1

Matangi
Just now, Gov Hooka said:

wait did you go to the one in St Mary’s Park in the South Bronx? It was one of my first “political experiences” and I loved it!! 

I did! Me too actually, I had just moved to NYC after turning 18 and being raised quite conservatively (while being queer) and Bernie Sanders was so formative in my life.

• Love 2

Gov Hooka
8 minutes ago, Matangi said:

I did! Me too actually, I had just moved to NYC after turning 18 and being raised quite conservatively (while being queer) and Bernie Sanders was so formative in my life.

Pretty much same for me!! 

• Love 1

OG Gaga Stan
5 hours ago, Matangi said:

I’m probably making the trip up to New York for this one too! This is gonna be such a huge moment. I’m so excited.

• Like 1

SEANGT

If you really like AOC, this is the only thing that makes sense. I think Bernie would be a great president. AOC is one of the best political communicators of our time. That's why I like her. 

If ya'll know my other posts, I just think another candidate is a better communicator and has mostly the same values as Bernie. So I think Warren would be an even better president. But I'd be thrilled to vote for Bernie in the general -- maybe even the primary depending on how it plays out the next few months. 

• Like 1

ltlmnstr

can someone please list differences between warren and sanders? bulletpoints b!tch

I'm tired of the "they're exactly the same" when clearly the arguments from both supporters on here say otherwise.

OG Gaga Stan
5 hours ago, ltlmnstr said:

can someone please list differences between warren and sanders? bulletpoints b!tch

I'm tired of the "they're exactly the same" when clearly the arguments from both supporters on here say otherwise.

1. Warren is a capitalist, Sanders is a critic of capitalism. 

2. Warren has a conservative record on foreign policy, including voting for Trump’s nearly $1 trillion military budget. She’s frequently defended Israel’s occupation of Palestine, including when she defended their bombing of Palestinian schools and hospitals. Bernie is the most progressive person running for president on this issue. He’s the only person advocating for leveraging the money the US sends to Israel to help the Palestinians. None of the candidates are perfect given America’s foreign policy overall, but he’s by far the most progressive. If you want a candidate that will do the most to get America out of our endless wars, Sanders is the best candidate to do it.

3. Sanders popularized Medicare for All and is the only candidate that has consistently made it clear that he actually supports it. Warren has frequently attempted to play both sides (and essentially confirmed that she’s doing that at the debate last night by refusing to give a straight answer when pressed on the issue) and, as the candidate who’s campaign is pushing the “I have a plan for that” narrative, she doesn’t have an actual plan for healthcare, and what she has released isn’t a framework for M4A at all. When pressed on M4A, she’s proven over and over again that she’s not as strong a defender of the plan as Bernie, and it’s likely because she wouldn’t actually support it if she were the nominee. If you want a system where everyone in America is covered, no one has to worry about dying because they can’t afford healthcare, and don’t want to pay any co-pays, deductibles, and premiums, Sanders is the best candidate in the issue by far.

4. On every single issue, from climate change, to education, to carceral reform, to union empowerment, to wealth taxes, both candidates have released concrete plans. Bernie’s go further, are more progressive, are more universal, and pay for themselves via taxes on the rich and corporations. Sanders wants to eliminate all student loan debt, Warren wants to eliminate SOME debt for those that make under a certain amount of money every year. Greenpeace has rated Sanders’ Green New Deal as the best climate plan of any candidate, and creates a million more jobs than Warren’s. If you care about saving the planet, he’s the guy. Teacher’s unions across the country agree that his education plan is what they’ve been asking for for decades, and it’s the best chance we have of desegregating our education system. His wealth tax takes more from the billionaires and puts more money in the pockets of the working class. If you want a candidate with a plan, Sanders has them, and they’re more progressive than Warren’s.

5. Sanders is not taking any corporate money, at all. He’s entirely funded by the people. Warren said, for a long time, that she was going to take corporate donations in the general, and though she recently changed her mind after pushback from the left, she’s still going to be doing high-dollar fundraisers for the DNC and the DNC would be allowed to raise corporate money for the general. She’s found a way to try to play both sides on that issue, but if you want a candidate that isn’t bought by corporate interests, Sanders is the only candidate that refuses to take any corporate cash and would ban the DNC from taking any as well. He wants to remake the way in which we finance elections completely, he has a plan for it, and he’s raising more money than anyone else in the Democratic primary with his approach.

6. On the issue of consistency, Sanders has been advocating for huge, structural, leftist, revolutionary change in America to put power into the hands of workers and curb the greed of the rich for his entire life. He was a proponent for queer rights in the 70’s, when it was dangerous to do so. Burlington VT, the town he was mayor of, became a haven for trans people during his tenure. Up until the 90s, through the civil rights movement, through the women’s movement, and through the AIDS epidemic, Warren was a Republican. She didn’t switch until she was nearly 50 years old. She’s also had to be pushed left on a whole host of issues, including healthcare. There’s only one candidate who has been consistent for his entire life, and that’s Sanders.

7. The most important thing: typically, the pushback to Sanders from more right-wing liberals is the old line about “how we get things done,” and they make the case for Warren as someone who is more moderate and has a chance of getting something passed. We saw that approach in 2008. Pres. Obama was obstructed at every turn by Republicans, and he had a supermajority in Congress, which the next president won’t have. The only way we get real leftist change implemented is with a movement, a grassroots movement aimed at electing real leftists so we can pass progressive legislation and upend the system we currently live in to build a more equitable, fair society. Sanders is the only candidate focused on completely remaking America with a multiracial coalition of the working class to build an equitable society that works for everyone. The endorsements he just received from the next generation of progressives, AOC, Ilhan Omar, and Rashida Tlaib, are evidence of that. They’re in it together to build that movement.

Across the board, Sanders is the most progressive candidate we’ve seen in nearly a century. He’s consistent, he’s authentic, and he’s trying to build a movement to fight back against an oppressive ruling class of wealthy billionaires and corporate interests. If you want a fighter who will actually take on the system, he’s the guy. He’s been doing it his entire life.

Edited by OG Gaga Stan
  • Like 4
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1