Stefani Tee
society

Officer shoots woman playing video games in her own house, gets arrested

Featured Posts

Lion Heart

A white police officer who fatally shot a 28-year-old black woman inside her Texas home is set to be interviewed by investigators as questions and outrage grow over the shooting.

Fort Worth police say officers responded early Saturday after a neighbor called a non-emergency line to report the home’s front door had been left open. The responding officer fired a shot through the home’s window, killing Atatiana Jefferson.

A family attorney, Lee Merritt, says Jefferson was playing video games with her 8-year-old nephew when she was killed. Jefferson graduated with a biology degree from Xavier University in New Orleans.

A vigil took place Sunday outside Jefferson’s home. The officer is expected to be interviewed Monday.

The Fort Worth Police Officers Association issued a statement Sunday calling for “a thorough and transparent investigation” into the shooting.

Most recent update: 

A $200,000 bond has been set for a white former police officer jailed in the fatal shooting of a black woman inside the woman’s Fort Worth home.

Aaron Dean was booked Monday evening into the Tarrant County Jail on the murder charge in the death of Atatiana Jefferson.

Jail records do not list an attorney for Dean.

https://www.apnews.com/2dc677322c7f4d1fb7d1b94f119e1806?utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

• Shook 1
  • Sad 26

Serial Chiller

this asshat is going to be given a slap on the wrist and more innocent minorities’ blood r going to shed. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Morphine Prince

Not even safe in your own home.

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Gagaloo92

Absolutely revolting.

I'm super shocked by the response from the interim police chief and what they're doing to the officer though. That's how it should be with every one these instances of police violence. 

This shouldn't even be a thing though.. 

• Like 4

River

omg wtf?!?! is it real? like omg

Just imagine you play in your house and you get shot for literally nothing damn it.

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)
  • Like 6

derpmonster
2 minutes ago, River said:

omg wtf?!?! is it real? like omg

Just imagine you play in your house and you get shot for literally nothing damn it.

This happens in the USA more than it should and yet conservatives get all up in arms and claim it's not a real issue when you talk about it.

Join my FB Gaga sh*tposting group: I'll Never Release LG6 https://www.facebook.com/groups/185450449037808/
  • Like 10

derpmonster

Funny that the Republicans hate unions and government until it comes to the police.

Join my FB Gaga sh*tposting group: I'll Never Release LG6 https://www.facebook.com/groups/185450449037808/
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

River
4 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

This happens in the USA more than it should and yet conservatives get all up in arms and claim it's not a real issue when you talk about it.

it's so f-cked up, this woman had all her life in front of her, a big future, she did nothing, really nothing.

The officer didn't even engaged with her..

conservatives needs to wake up already, too much blood on their hands..

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)
  • Like 3

AJRocketMan

I’m really sorry this happened to her. She was only 28 years old. I am so fed up with this level of violence directed at people of color. Guns should be banished from Low-level law enforcement and should be a massive pain in the ass to obtain for civilians here in the United States. Our law enforcement is asinine. Why can’t we be more like Europe? I want our law enforcement to be approachable and of use to everyday citizens. I read so many stories about law enforcement in the U.K. and Scandinavia and what have you and feel so sad and ashamed that my country isn’t up to their standards. It doesn’t have to be like this. America needs several massive changes in the way society operates, as many institutions such as our law enforcement and our education system were created in the Industrial Revolution and have subsequently aged terribly.

I’m a Bad Kid and I will survive
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ltlmnstr

It's been a real shocker around here.

Especially after the Amber Guyer trial.

I need to move out of this state.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mardy

That is absolutely horrifying. I cannot even start to imagine how the neighbor is feeling after all this.. after all they had good intentions for reporting open front door to the police. 

• Like 1

drunkygagaa

This is disgusting, We can't even trust these people anymore.

Lock him up, He is disgusting. 

very gay