Stefani Tee
politics

Buttigieg attacks small donor campaigns

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince
Just now, JusKeepBreathin said:

You know very well that there was more to it than just donors during the last race. There was Cambridge Analytica and Russian interference.

And Clinton won the popular vote. So yeah it's important to match 45 $ for $. 

Ask the Romney campaign then. 

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Like 1

Lilmonzter

He's in the pocket of big pocket donors

He's sold out dude:fthis:

Veni Vidi Amavi
  • Like 4

JusKeepBreathin
19 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Ask the Romney campaign then. 

Romney and Obama raised and spent about the same amount in 2012.

Obama had more small donors under $200. Like I said before it's important in context. But it shouldn't be the only way to raise money. 

Do you think Romney would have won if he raised 1/5th the money that Obama did?

I genuinely don't understand your response.

Edited by JusKeepBreathin
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Morphine Prince
4 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Romney and Obama raised and spent about the same amount in 2012.

Obama had more small donors under $200. Like I said before it's important in context. But it shouldn't be the only way to raise money. 

Do you think Romney would have won if he raised 1/5th the money that Obama did?

I genuinely don't understand your response.

I’m just saying the notion that more money secures a win is false. 

Let’s hope Trump learns that lesson next year 

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night

luckyanderson
39 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

You know very well that there was more to it than just donors during the last race. There was Cambridge Analytica and Russian interference.

And Clinton still won the popular vote. So yeah it's important to match 45 $ for $. 

This isn't a game of capitalist competition, it is a game of politics. While money can be very influential when it comes to buying politicians for lobbyists, endorsements and advertisements for political candidates, the common people who vote are not bought. The only currency voters care about as to securing their votes is social capital in the currency of affective/appealing policy ideas.

JusKeepBreathin
17 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

I’m just saying the notion that more money secures a win is false. 

Let’s hope Trump learns that lesson next year 

I didn't say that. I said that equal money gives us an equal playing field. By the way Trump got more money from small donors than Bernie did during the second quarter. So Trump still has plenty of small donor support. I don't even think Bernie will get more from small donors than Trump during the national campaign.

'Of the $68 million raised in the second quarter of the year by Mr. Trump’s campaign and two joint committees it formed with the national committee — Trump Victory and Trump Make America Great Again Committee — 35 percent came from small donors, defined as those who gave $200 or less. '

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/16/us/politics/trump-campaign-donations.html

@luckyanderson

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

luckyanderson
6 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

I didn't say that. I said that equal money gives us an equal playing field. By the way Trump got more money from small donors than Bernie did during the second quarter. So Trump still has plenty of small donor support. 

'Of the $68 million raised in the second quarter of the year by Mr. Trump’s campaign and two joint committees it formed with the national committee — Trump Victory and Trump Make America Great Again Committee — 35 percent came from small donors, defined as those who gave $200 or less. '

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/16/us/politics/trump-campaign-donations.html

@luckyanderson

I don't see how that negates the point @Morphine Prince and I were making about money not equaling success in politics? Money definitely is a contributing factor but at the end of the day, no politician really BUYS voters, it would be WAY too cost ineffective. If anything, politicians BUY voters with policy ideas in the voters favor/benefit which is not the same thing. Money affects ability to campaign, but so does influence and inspiration. If you can inspire enough volunteers or voters even, you don't need finances. Money is not going to help Doofus in 2020 other than to run a smear campaign which isn't very different from what he does now on his voters dime. All his opponent has to do is inspire enough people to volunteer (essentially campaign for free for them) and inspire enough voters with their policies ideas. 

Edited by luckyanderson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JusKeepBreathin
6 minutes ago, luckyanderson said:

I don't see how that negates the point @Morphine Prince and I were making about money not equaling success in politics? Money definitely is a contributing factor but at the end of the day, no politician really BUYS voters, it would be WAY too cost ineffective. If anything, politicians BUY voters with policy ideas in the voters favor/benefit which is not the same thing. Money affects ability to campaign, but so does influence and inspiration. If you can inspire enough volunteers or voters even, you don't need finances. Money is not going to help Doofus in 2020 other than to run a smear campaign which isn't very different from what he does now on his voters dime. All his opponent has to do is inspire enough people to volunteer (essentially campaign for free for them) and inspire enough voters with their policies ideas. 

Trump has plenty of people that support his policies. He is still filling 25,000 seat stadiums. On top of that he will raise more money to convince people on the fence. 

I don't think people here are grasping the seriousness of what's going on here. 

• Thanks 1

luckyanderson
1 hour ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Trump has plenty of people that support his policies. He is still filling 25,000 seat stadiums. On top of that he will raise more money to convince people on the fence. 

I don't think people here are grasping the seriousness of what's going on here. 

This argument can go both ways for both he and Democratic candidates. Money isn't convincing if the policy itself is not beneficial. Are you more inclined to vote for somebody with more money more than one with the better beneficial policies to yourself? No. Argument is valid but flawed in near sighting finances as ultimate factor. It influences but it is not the main motivator of who is or isn't elected unless corruption occurs.

HorusRa2
5 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Trump made $125 million during the same time Bernie only made 23. Small donor donations are cool, and I think they are important in context, but we want to win don't we? 

False. Trump AND the RNC made $125M. Bernie by himself made 25.3M*

JusKeepBreathin
12 hours ago, luckyanderson said:

This argument can go both ways for both he and Democratic candidates. Money isn't convincing if the policy itself is not beneficial. Are you more inclined to vote for somebody with more money more than one with the better beneficial policies to yourself? No. Argument is valid but flawed in near sighting finances as ultimate factor. It influences but it is not the main motivator of who is or isn't elected unless corruption occurs.

You do know that Trump supporters want a wall. They want a trade war with China. They are anti abortion. They want to rebuild the military and most of all they will never vote for a Jew, a gay man or a woman. :trollga:

He is already giving them the policies they want and also feeding them the hate they want and he will have more money to keep feeding them the hate they want. 

Look if Bernie wins the nomination I also want him to be able to play on a level playing field. He shouldn't begin a campaign by shooting himself in the foot. That is all Pete is trying to say. 

He isn't my guy for the primaries either but I like him enough for him to have a position like secretary of state under Warren, Bernie or whoever wins the nomination. There is no need to knock him for this statement which is a very true statement. 

• Like 1

luckyanderson
9 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

You do know that Trump supporters want a wall. They want a trade war with China. They are anti abortion. They want to rebuild the military and most of all they will never vote for a Jew, a gay man or a woman. :trollga:

He is already giving them the policies they want and also feeding them the hate they want and he will have more money to keep feeding them the hate they want. 

Look if Bernie wins the nomination I also want him to be able to play on a level playing field. He shouldn't begin a campaign by shooting himself in the foot. That is all Pete is trying to say. 

He isn't my guy for the primaries either but I like him enough for him to have a position like secretary of state under Warren, Bernie or whoever wins the nomination. There is no need to knock him for this statement which is a very true statement. 

Again, I'm not sure who you arguing/responding to as I never once contradicted the beliefs of Doofus' supporters or the significance of voting. I simply said and I will repeat: money does not equal electability, it simply makes campaigning more successful. Damn.

JusKeepBreathin
55 minutes ago, luckyanderson said:

Again, I'm not sure who you arguing/responding to as I never once contradicted the beliefs of Doofus' supporters or the significance of voting. I simply said and I will repeat: money does not equal electability, it simply makes campaigning more successful. Damn.

I quoted you right? I believe it's clear I was talking to you, unless you don't know how quotations work on here. I can explain it to you, if you like.

On topic.

Buying ads with money shows people on the fence that you are electable. 

So thanks for agreeing with me. 

Good night.

luckyanderson
3 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

I quoted you right? I believe it's clear I was talking to you, unless you don't know how quotations work on here. I can explain it to you, if you like.

On topic.

Buying ads with money shows people on the fence that you are electable. 

So thanks for agreeing with me. 

Good night.

Glad you were able to get your rocks off being incoherent and thinking you told somebody something.

"Buying ads with money shows people on the fence that you are electable." You sound dumb. Anybody can buy ads, that doesn't mean they are going to necessarily win. All of the current 2020 Democratic candidates have bought ads with money, does that mean we will have 20+ Presidents all working in unison? Read a book.