Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Release strategy

Cloudbusting

Featured Posts

Cloudbusting

What do you think it's the best release strategy for an album nowadays? How should Gaga release LG6? I honestly don't know.... I see a lot of artists releasing 3987498 song before their album comes out and I don't really like that because I feel like I heard almost all the album before it's even out. So, what's the best way to do it?:confused:

Surprise release and let it flop the next week because who cares, you can still say that it was #1 in the commercials

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Bonkers

Well, first you want the timing to be PERFECT and that's when you imply to your fans that it will be SOON.  (Interpreted by fans to mean "Friday")

Then, you want to do crazy **** on social media intentionally driving fans from delusional and all the way through the grieving process.

Make sure you previously laughed at your fans for thinking you are cryptic.

As for the last steps, I'm still waiting to find out.

tenor.gif

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

FfFfFfFF

I think it will be similar with Joanne, except maybe we'll get some hits  so she will release more songs pre-album and have more time dedicated with them. Also, releasing a single on the album release day could be a smart idea.

Ryusei
1 minute ago, River said:

Surprise release and let it flop the next week because who cares, you can still say that it was #1 in the commercials

I kinda wish there were more surprise releases. Or just releases without much fanfare before. I mean Lauv already announced his album which is coming out in march 2020 which is ridiculous... Just do it like Harry styles, one cryptic tweet and drop boom there you have it. Not an album just a song but I prefer that. 

Musery

Dominic

She should follow the BTW strategy now that Adele is supposedly coming next month. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

3 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

I kinda wish there were more surprise releases. Or just releases without much fanfare before. I mean Lauv already announced his album which is coming out in march 2020 which is ridiculous... Just do it like Harry styles, one cryptic tweet and drop boom there you have it. Not an album just a song but I prefer that. 

yeah it's more exciting, it's a bit a cash grab though but in some sense, this is how it was when we used to buy CDs on release day, nobody knew the other songs except for the singles, so it's pretty awesome imo

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Lemondeduerl

Releasing like three singles before the album, a huge promo in TV and festivals, merchandise and keep releasing more singles after the album comes out and then a good tour. And nowdays it's very importat using instagram and having an attractive feed. 

Edit: Basically the Born thid way era but taking advantage of new technologies. 

:)

Cloudbusting
10 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I think it will be similar with Joanne, except maybe we'll get some hits  so she will release more songs pre-album and have more time dedicated with them. Also, releasing a single on the album release day could be a smart idea.

I really like the single on the album release day idea tbh

Cloudbusting
11 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

I like surprise releases but I feel like it gets kinda messy in the singles department tbh

jacs vs looser
43 minutes ago, Dominic said:

She should follow the BTW strategy now that Adele is supposedly coming next month. 

I don't think people play Farmville anymore tho.

I’m praying she doesn’t the same strategy during ARTPOP, Joanne, and ASIB. (Drops one decent single then winging it the rest of the era)

Archived