Stefani Tee
politics

Bernie Sanders is in trouble

Featured Posts

PartySick

With just four months until the first-in-the-nation caucuses, Sanders is in trouble. As he delivered his populist gospel to large crowds of camouflage-clad high schoolers, liberal arts college students, and trade union members across Iowa last week, a problematic narrative was hardening around him: His campaign is in disarray and Elizabeth Warren has eclipsed him as the progressive standard-bearer of the primary. He’s sunk to third place nationally, behind Warren and Joe Biden, and some polls of early nomination states show him barely clinging to double digits. He’s shaken up his staffs in Iowa and New Hampshire. He’s lost the endorsement of the Working Families Party, a left-wing group that backed him in 2016, to Warren.

-

Surveys show Biden is winning the argument that he's the Democratic Party's surest bet in a general election, and Warren’s perceived electability among voters has risen faster than Sanders’.

But party operatives, and even some Sanders allies, aren’t convinced that the swing through Iowa was strategic. “Bernie has no idea how to right the ship and neither does anybody around him,” a Democratic activist with knowledge of the campaign says. “They don’t know where they’re going. They know things aren’t going well and they’re grasping at ideas.”

“My go-to answer when anyone asks me what Bernie’s really like, and I get asked that question all the time, is he is exactly how he is onstage in real life," a former aide to Sanders says. "He’s kind of a cranky, cantankerous old man who is completely and just obsessively convinced of his convictions. There’s no political calculation, really, with the things he does and says. And that’s why he can speak with a clear mind and clear heart about his economic message better than almost anyone can. But it also comes with pitfalls."

-

“Our organizing strategy is actually around getting people back involved in the electoral process who really, frankly, have given up because they feel left out. They were either lied to by Trump or have been disappointed by Democrats in the past,” says Misty Rebik, Sanders’ Iowa state director.

Sanders’ campaign is a test of just how thoroughly disgusted the country is with the political establishment of both parties. It’s a tightrope of a strategy: He needs millions of disillusioned voters who aren’t too disillusioned to haul themselves to the polls. He also needs them to not fall for Warren, who has her own anti-establishment bona fides even if she has a less antagonistic relationship with party officials than Sanders. And he needs them in the primary, at a time when Nancy Pelosi’s favorability among Democratic voters has risen as she’s battled Trump

-

At the end of last week, Sanders went on "The Late Show," with his hair brushed down flat and wearing a suit that looked like it wasn’t bought at Kohl’s. Stephen Colbert asked Sanders what differentiates him from Warren. For once, he answered the question. His climate plan is the “most comprehensive” ever, he says, and his wealth tax is a “very strong tax” that will help pay for Medicare for All, universal child care and solutions to the affordable housing crisis. Both plans go beyond what Warren has called for.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/09/30/bernie-sanders-2020-election-decline-228755

🔪🐚🏹💋💎💅💃🔵🐷👠👗🚬💊💕👏
  • Like 2
  • Sad 12

PartySick

A lot of interesting bits in this article, I tried to trim the fat (the non-"Sanders vs Warren" stuff).

Tl;dr - Bernie's campaign is in a slow downward spiral, Warren is rising by appealing to both Democrats and other progressives, and the Sanders campaign is relying on pissed off non-voters to vote for him at a time where Democrats are getting more popular for taking on Trump.

I guess time will tell if that's a strategy that'll work for him :shrug: whoever wins this spat will most likely be able to overcome Biden imo and destroy Trump...or Pence :rip:

🔪🐚🏹💋💎💅💃🔵🐷👠👗🚬💊💕👏
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

AndyDWUW

https://newsmaven.io/indiancountrytoday/opinion/the-white-supremacy-of-elizabeth-warren-q6pZPvG4_0WIwiv__VU_bQ/#comments

thought it’d be helpful to emphasize how problematic warren is. She impersonated herself as a Native American for YEARS for her own advantage.

She stayed silent on the dakota access pipeline protests and did not stand with the protesters in solidarity.

She is the equivalent of Justin Trudeau in blackface. 

not to mention she called medicare for all a framework, an excuse she will use in office to justify why she supposedly gave up.

not to mention she has supported Israel and defended them when they bombed Gaza

not to mention she voted on trump’s military budget increase, TWICE.

not to mention she supported the nomination of Ben Carson

not to mention all her policies are “means tested”, like student debt. 

Medicare for s̶o̶m̶e̶?̶  ALL.

Housing for s̶o̶m̶e̶?̶   ALL.

Justice for s̶o̶m̶e̶?̶  ALL.

College for s̶o̶m̶e̶?̶  ALL.

Higher Wages for s̶o̶m̶e̶?̶  ALL.

Green New Deal for s̶o̶m̶e̶?̶  ALL.

None of us are free, until ALL of us are.  Accept no Iimitations.

Edited by AndyDWUW
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 10

Robo Ga

I stopped reading at "populist gospel"... lol can we at least try to be objective. For the sake of truth. 

Bust the rearview and fire up the jets, 'cause it's you and me
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 9

PartySick
9 minutes ago, Robo Ga said:

I stopped reading at "populist gospel"... lol can we at least try to be objective. For the sake of truth. 

What's wrong with that? :oprah:

I don't see this article posting anything but facts ans quotes. Warren is appealing to more voters, Sanders needs to do better of he has any hopes of winning.

Do better in the polls, I mean. What does Liz have that Bernie doesn't? Even I don't know and I'm a Warren supporter :rip:

Edited by PartySick
🔪🐚🏹💋💎💅💃🔵🐷👠👗🚬💊💕👏
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

FATCAT
20 minutes ago, AndyDWUW said:

She is the equivalent of Justin Trudeau in blackface. 

lmfao bro I'm screaming, the delusion. 

█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓ This püssy grabs back. █▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓
  • Like 7
  • LMAO 2
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

PartySick
1 minute ago, FATCAT said:

Right. She was told by her family that she had native American roots and never got it tested until Trump was a racist pig.

🔪🐚🏹💋💎💅💃🔵🐷👠👗🚬💊💕👏
  • Like 5
  • YAAAS 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Economy
1 minute ago, FATCAT said:

In all honesty i dont know much about warren

why is it that some supposibly dont like her?

FATCAT

Warren has my vote as it currently stands, and I'm in an early primary state. I told the Bernie callers that I was between Warren and Bernie & now they call all the time trying to lay out the differences as if I'm set in my ways for the next few months. 

I'm for either of them atm, but Warren has an approachable personality that I love. That personality can go a long way in the general election, and I'm ready to help her on that fight.

• Like 9

FATCAT
Just now, Economy said:

Some progressives think she's not progressive enough, even though she totally is.

Conservatives think she's Stalin himself, even though she's no where near that, she's 100% capitalist. 

atm it's just people upset that she's taking away Bernie's "turn". I guarantee you that Bernie supporters will support Warren in the GE if she gets the nom though. She's practically Bernie-Lite.

• Like 3
  • LMAO 3
  • Sad 1

whocares
5 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

No, it’s not the delusion. It’s actually true and she will get the backlash later on. She pretended to be a Native American for years.

99-F4-FF06-B5-FF-4-FCB-89-DE-0-FEEC8-B20

The thing most of you are hypocrites. You would hate it if someone from the right does it but the moment is your candidate, it’s delusional.

Edited by scarlxrd
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

PartySick
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

Some would call her Sanders-lite and she likes to cozy up to both progressives and the Democratic machine (aka "elitists").

Obviously it's working for her though.

🔪🐚🏹💋💎💅💃🔵🐷👠👗🚬💊💕👏

Economy
Just now, FATCAT said:

Some progressives think she's not progressive enough, even though she totally is.

Conservatives think she's Stalin himself, even though she's no where near that, she's 100% capitalist. 

atm it's just people upset that she's taking away Bernie's "turn". I guarantee you that Bernie supporters will support Warren in the GE if she gets the nom though. She's practically Bernie-Lite.

From the little i know she does seem very left wing

tho that networth tax idea concerns me

PartySick
2 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

She's practically Bernie-Lite.

2 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Some would call her Sanders-lite

:air:

🔪🐚🏹💋💎💅💃🔵🐷👠👗🚬💊💕👏
  • Like 1

OG Gaga Stan
29 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I don't see this article posting anything but facts ans quotes. Warren is appealing to more voters, Sanders needs to do better of he has any hopes of winning.

They're within a couple of points of one another nationally with several months left in the primary before the first votes are cast and you're already trying to proclaim that his candidacy is dead. :air:

You've never given me a single substantive reason why you support Warren over Sanders despite the fact that Sanders is more progressive, has better policy proposals and a better record, posted passive aggressive comments about me and other Sanders supporters when we've pointed out Warren's serious right-wing leanings on foreign policy and her record as a Republican until she was 50, and repeatedly told Sanders supporters on this site that we need to be cordial with Warren supporters and then you go and pull this BS. :air:

Edited by OG Gaga Stan
  • Like 2