Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

The Politician

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

I watched it and I actually really liked it. It's funny, sad, and the ending is exactly what I wanted. Can't wait for Season 2.

I loved it. It wasn't what I expected, but it was better than what I was expecting. That season finale is the perfect set up for Season 2.

My name isn't Timmers

Is it badly written like Glee?

It looks interesting but at the same time looks very cliche and very cringy and badly written like Glee

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Morphine Prince
13 minutes ago, River said:

Is it badly written like Glee?

It looks interesting but at the same time looks very cliche and very cringy and badly written like Glee

Idk if this is what you mean but Ryan Murphy’s style is like that. It’s supposed to be funny-cringe-esque. 

I would say a lot of the things in the show are definitely.... UNIQUE. It’s not afraid to go there. 

51 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Idk if this is what you mean but Ryan Murphy’s style is like that. It’s supposed to be funny-cringe-esque. 

I would say a lot of the things in the show are definitely.... UNIQUE. It’s not afraid to go there. 

Glee was too much telenovela but in a bad way, the dialogues were not just cringe, this I can resist, half of the time Grey's Anatmoy is cringy but at least it's mature and empotional, with Glee they were just terrible.. or story lines like the fake pregnant wife lol

I like Ryan's shows, it's just the "Glee" style is not for me, so this is why I asked, is this the same level as Glee or it's smart-cringe?

23 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

It has a 58% on Rotten Tomatoes

oh lol this is terrible for Ryan, especially after the critically acclaimed new AHS season.

But it has 7.5 in IMDB?

So idk, I guess I'll just give it a try or read some review from people here..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

SwissMonster

Idk if it was because I had no real expectations, but I really loved it, and was surprised by it cause I am not a big Fan of Ben Platt but he fits very well in this show. It also mentions a lot of important subjects but not that it get‘s to „try hard“. 

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

SwissMonster
11 minutes ago, River said:

I like Ryan's shows, it's just the "Glee" style is not for me, so this is why I asked, is this the same level as Glee or it's smart-cringe?

I was talking about it an hour ago with some people on here and actually discribed it as „Glee vibes but in a more mature way“ , so if you mean that by „smart-cringe“ then yes, you should give it a try, it‘s really good

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

I just finished all 8 episodes and I like it it’s just I have some bones to pick with it...

For starters it is very in Ryan’s style I would say it’s mostly Glee meets American Crime Story and a dash of AHS in there. But like most of them it becomes a bit convuluted after about 6 episodes (which is why I think he should stick to 8 episodes for every season of a show he makes tbh) and teeters on the border of camp but not enough to be absurdly camp for it to work for me. The first two episodes were the best mostly because they were written and directed by Ryan and Brad instead of the others who kinda turn it into a meh-fest after episode 5 I think.

My second bone to pick is Jessica Lange’s character and acting, yes she’s a good actress but yet again Ryan has gave her the SAME character and it annoys me and has annoyed me since Coven. She plays the same characters in every show she’s done for Ryan (even in Feud) a b*tch with a heart underneath it all and a dirty past with a deeper motive. She plays that all the time and needs to switch it up because I got bored of her after the first few episodes. To the point where I could tell she was using Infinity and lying to her after the first scene she was in, it was predictable and then almost every scene after she was predictable.

On a positive note; Gwyneth Paltrow is the best character and actor in the whole show (sorry Jessica) and has he most compelling story and the funniest scenes imo. I want more of her in season 2 if they continue it.

Overall I do want another season but they need to pull it back because too much was happening, as is tradition in Ryan’s original series’, he doesn’t make stuff convoluted in ACS and Feud because it’s all based on real events for example. But in season two I don’t want the camp convoluted storyline of starting off with a simple story then mixing dumb stuff in like planned murder over a high school election 💀. Also Ryan please give us some proper gay relationships with a happy ending and not suicide for example.

Morphine Prince

@River I agree with what was answered to your question. 

The show changes course and setting throughout some episodes as well. 

Definitely worth checking out despite the RT score tbh. 

nodandsmile

Is it up there with some of Ryan's greatest shows?  Absolutely not! Some of the writing got me like:

robot wtf GIF

some parts were truly unnecessary and quite boring (that spoke a lot about the quality of Gwyneth's performance, she nailed it!) ... but it was really entertaining! It was definitely much better than I thought it would be and better than the trailer suggests. Ben Platt was amazing, Gwyneth was good. Jessica Lange, a scene stealer though her performance reminds a bit of the past roles than Ryan gave her (can he challenge her a bit more please?), but worthy of an Emmy nom and episode 6 is the one for her! Zoey Deutch was the real MVP for me  :applause:  but will probably be payed dust come awards season (just like Eliza Scanlen in "Sharp Objects"). 

You will be bored at times, but trust me the finale is worth it and I absolutely cannot wait for season 2 (love me some Bette Midler :oops:) and I hope that one will be better!

Archived