Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

AHS: 1984 episode 2 receives critical acclaim again

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

Episode 2: Mr. Jingles

RT score: 93%

14 critics have submitted their reviews, 13 are positive.

Den of Geek gave it 5/5: It's a series that has fun with the genre, but also takes the genre seriously.

Newsweek: American Horror Story was back to its berserk ways last night.

Variety: It was a high-octane episode for sure; the plot moved along at a breakneck pace.

TV Guide: Well, AHS: 1984 really kicked it up a notch in Episode 2, huh?

Bloody Disgusting: American Horror Story: 1984 may not be challenging, but it's fun and it's frightening, which is enough for now.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/american_horror_story/s09/e02

Good for them. I think I'll actually give this season a shot- I honestly totally forgot that it premiered last week, and had little to no inclination to actually start it, after being so disenchanted by Apocalypse's absolutely horrid run.

Also, kind of OT, but how many of the episodes have a %100 RT score? I know Flicker (the episode with the Countess' backstory) was the only one from that season, and is considered one of the best in the whole series.

3 points in and ready for more

I'm going to judge it mid-season, it always gets good reviews in the first episodes and then it's becoming a big mess.. it's like a roller coaster, reaching the top at the beginning and then falling fast until the end..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Bradley
5 minutes ago, Miel said:

Good for them. I think I'll actually give this season a shot- I honestly totally forgot that it premiered last week, and had little to no inclination to actually start it, after being so disenchanted by Apocalypse's absolutely horrid run.

Also, kind of OT, but how many of the episodes have a %100 RT score? I know Flicker (the episode with the Countess' backstory) was the only one from that season, and is considered one of the best in the whole series.

This one from Apocalypse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_to_Murder_House

This one from Cult.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/11/9_(American_Horror_Story)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drink_the_Kool-Aid_(American_Horror_Story)

Just now, Bradley said:

Thanks! I'm actually not a big fan of Return to Murder House- it was a decently-done episode that, in my opinion, took some weird liberties with the characters from season 1. Sarah did a great job directing, and I really enjoyed the chemistry between Billy Porter and Emma Roberts, though!

11/9 and Drink the Kool-Aid (directed by Angela!) both deserved the high acclaim, too. Damn good season.

I am honestly confused if I wanna watch the season or not, I don't really like slasher films and I didn't really like the teasers but everyone keeps praising it to Jesus. It's not like Cult that I didn't like the teaser but also everyone hated the season so I skipped it, lol. 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

bloody g

Did previous seasons also get critical acclaim?

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

8 minutes ago, Red said:

I am honestly confused if I wanna watch the season or not, I don't really like slasher films and I didn't really like the teasers but everyone keeps praising it to Jesus. It's not like Cult that I didn't like the teaser but also everyone hated the season so I skipped it, lol. 

I'd definitely recommend Cult, honestly. The political overtones really turned a lot of people off, but it's such a well-written, well-performed season. It goes batsh*t insane in the second half (like usual, per AHS standards), but unlike other seasons, it doesn't really go off the rails narratively, and it actually wraps up organically.

Whack-o characters with interesting development (loathed both Ally and Kai in the beginning, yet still enjoyed them), really great writing, and Adina Porter's absolute best performance in the show so far. 

8 minutes ago, Bloody Grammys said:

Did previous seasons also get critical acclaim?

Kind of? For the most part, I think each season has sat decently with the critics- obviously, some more than others, but all the extreme opinion come from the fanbase itself.

Apocalypse, which many fans consider the worst season overall, had pretty good overall critical reviews.

1 minute ago, Miel said:

I'd definitely recommend Cult, honestly. The political overtones really turned a lot of people off, but it's such a well-written, well-performed season. It goes batsh*t insane in the second half (like usual, per AHS standards), but unlike other seasons, it doesn't really go off the rails narratively, and it actually wraps up organically.

Whack-o characters with interesting development (loathed both Ally and Kai in the beginning, yet still enjoyed them), really great writing, and Adina Porter's absolute best performance in the show so far. 

I was gonna watch it on my last break from college but then... I forgot :awkney:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

bloody g
4 minutes ago, Miel said:

Kind of? For the most part, I think each season has sat decently with the critics- obviously, some more than others, but all the extreme opinion come from the fanbase itself.

Apocalypse, which many fans consider the worst season overall, had pretty good overall critical reviews.

I honestly liked Apocalypse, I thought it was a step into the right direction. It's not like I ever hated any season or anything. 1984 is a blast so far :pray:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

RahrahWitch

It's been pretty good so far, I like that their introducing a supernatural element, I felt like that's what was missing. It really feels like AHS now (Minus the OG Actors).

Spoiler

I hope they don't spend too long on the murder mystery of the first campers, It's pretty obvious from episode 1 it was Margaret and she blamed it on the janitor forcing him into an asylum that made him into what she claimed he was.

Unless all the camera work and hiding the face of the killer in those scenes is a misdirect...

myluis617

**** it better it literally was one of the only ahs episodes that scared me and had me on edge about what is going to happen. They did good with this episode, the jump scares are so 80s. It comes to show how much work they put into AHS.

Archived