💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

Question about the Nintendo Switch (Lite)

BleepBloop

Featured Posts

BleepBloop

Hello!

For those of you, who own a Switch or even a Switch Lite; Is the stick drifting real for you?

I am just about to buy a Lite, since I don't really play on my TV and its cuter:gayhat:, but I'm concerned about the infamous stick drift problem.

Urgh, yes. It hasn’t got to the point where it’s annoying yet and it will happen every so often. It’s noticeable on games like BOTW. I know Nintendo will repair it for free but it means being without playing for 2 weeks :selena:

Sepsami

Drifting as in the the screen keeps moving after let I go of the stick? :selena: if yes then yeah it's kind of annoying and I've died because it made me run into a lava river :selena:

It's annoying, I own a switch (one of those newer models) since friday the 13th (anna oup maybe i got a cursed switch because of the date :poot:)

buttsicle

It's happened occasionally. I've only seen it happen once on BOTW but it barely moved Link at all. It's most noticeable in Mario Maker 2's editor because the camera will start moving by itself without touching anything and it gets annoying sometimes :messga:

But other than that? No, I haven't noticed anything else with it. Smash plays fine, Odyssey plays fine. It's a bit odd really.

WOOHOO YAHAA

BleepBloop
10 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

Drifting as in the the screen keeps moving after let I go of the stick? :selena: if yes then yeah it's kind of annoying and I've died because it made me run into a lava river :selena:

It's annoying, I own a switch (one of those newer models) since friday the 13th (anna oup maybe i got a cursed switch because of the date :poot:)

You bought your switch two weeks ago and it already has stick drifting?

Sepsami
1 minute ago, Sneaky said:

Omg:messga: i'm so on the fence with this

It's not THAT bothersome, just a mild annoyance but I notice it more when there's something blocking line of sight between my switch and controller

idk if that makes sense :neyde:

BleepBloop
3 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

It's not THAT bothersome, just a mild annoyance but I notice it more when there's something blocking line of sight between my switch and controller

idk if that makes sense :neyde:

I'm still going to buy it, since I love Nintendo and Bayonetta, but I'm nervous lol. Yeah I get you!

Sepsami
9 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

I'm still going to buy it, since I love Nintendo and Bayonetta, but I'm nervous lol. Yeah I get you!

I was also a handheld player until I got the switch, now I play docked 80% of the time and I'm so happy with it so think before u buy :laughga:

BleepBloop
Just now, Sepsami said:

I was also a handheld player until I got the switch, now I play docked 80% of the time and I'm so happy with it so think before u buy :laughga:

My main console is going to be my Xbox:sis:, the switch is there for all things portability and Nintendo goodness:gayhat:

I’ve had this drifting issue with PlayStation and Charli Xbox controllers and I highly recommend getting a can of electric contact cleanser, I used the WD40 one, just make sure it is the fast-drying variant. 

If you ever encounter that annoying issue, buy that, and give it a skosh of that right underneath the bottom rubber protective flap that covers the inside of the joystick, then move it around for a few seconds and let it dry for a couple of minutes. It’s surprisingly effective. 

Archived