Jeffree Star Reviewing Haus Labs

jprince99x

Featured Posts

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LetsGetHigh
7 hours ago, GoneGUY said:

The gloss has probably been the most divisive, but most still really seem to love it. Why wouldn't he approve it? I dont follow him so I'm not sure what he prefers.

His brand took off initially on liquid lipstick, and it was kinda a big thing cause it had the best formula and all back then for any liquid lipstick. It's still praised to this day.

LilyLark
4 hours ago, LateToCult said:

The way Jeffree is teasing this video...I fear.

:koons:

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if he dragged it just for the drama—he loves drama.  Not saying that he just could honestly dislike the product, but he's an attention wh*re who loves drama so even if he liked it, was neutral, or disliked it.....I can see him going overboard with the negativity—look at how he inserted himself into the James Charles mess as one of his many examples of "drama". I know he has fans on here and I even enjoy him at times, but lbr it's true.

At the end of the day, a bad review from him will probably have some impact on the product but it won't destroy it and it won't hurt Gags in general (tons of celebs have business ventures that get negative reviews or straight out flop..and Haus Labs is getting mostly good reviews so far). The only thing that could have hurt her was a lack of diversity in the campaign and shades, and obviously that wasn't an issue as the campaign was quite diverse and she doesn't even have foundation (foundation is the big thing with shades, although it also is a factor in lipstick, etc.). The worst he can do is say it sucks and call it a money grab.

TBH she'd get worse PR out of little monsters bullying him if he dragged Haus Labs than him actually dragging Haus Labs. Outside of the beauty community, most of the GP doesn't care about any of the YT beauty influences and the MSM has been fairly glowing (except for some criticism about her using Amazon).

LilyLark
20 hours ago, The Cure said:

Death threats are coming if he give Haus Labs bad reviews. Twitter liddos are coming to his neck.

Ugh, honestly as I've said—insane twitter liddos coming for his neck would be much worse PR for Gags then him dragging Haus Labs. Celebs have bad reviews or flop business lines all the time, if it gets written up in a few outlets people would be like "meh." But "little monsters bully" would be written up by a lot and could turn into an Ed Sheeran mess with Gags getting unfairly blamed...

I know people on here love him, and I like him somewhat at times, but I wouldn't put it past him to try and provoke the craziest of the stans because it would bring him a lot more attention than simply giving a normal good, neutral, or bad review.

*And yes, I sound like I'm victim blaming and social media bullying is never, ever acceptable—but lbr some people absolutely try to provoke internet stans for various reasons...often just to get attention. A film critic I follow is always trying to pull sh*t to rile up Marvel stans, for example.

LilyLark
4 minutes ago, scarlxrd said:

I honestly think people are overreacting. He will probably like it.

I think he'll probably approve of some of the products and perhaps be critical of one or two. Ever since he inserted himself in that Tati James Charles drama, tho, I've kind of side-eyed them all because all clearly are way more attention hungry than they initially came across. I just hope he's fair, whether he likes it or dislikes it, and doesn't try and say/do something to grab more attention.

whocares
1 minute ago, LilyLark said:

I think he'll probably approve of some of the products and perhaps be critical of one or two. Ever since he inserted himself in that Tati James Charles drama, tho, I've kind of side-eyed them all because all clearly are way more attention hungry than they initially came across. I just hope he's fair, whether he likes it or dislikes it, and doesn't try and say/do something to grab more attention.

I agree. He’s an attention seeker. I do think, like Manny Mua, he’ll praise some products and be critical of some others. Hopefully he’s fair.

He will look like a bitter dishonest  ass if he rips into it because its been so well received. 

It's definitely true about the GP not caring about YouTubers. I had barely heard of him and he really wouldn't have influenced me me either way because I always assume these reviews are sponsored and you only really know if you try it yourself. I've bought products that even Instagram ears I really like recommend and it just hasn't done it for me. Not that the product is bad but we all have different skin textures. 

Luna Lovegood
50 minutes ago, scarlxrd said:

I agree. He’s an attention seeker. I do think, like Manny Mua, he’ll praise some products and be critical of some others. Hopefully he’s fair.

This is what im scared of tbh. Weirdly, of all reviews ive watched, ONLY Manny that's being critical towards her products. I couldn't even watch the review till finish lmao i can't stand him 

luna’s advocate

whocares
11 minutes ago, River Phoenix said:

This is what im scared of tbh. Weirdly, of all reviews ive watched, ONLY Manny that's being critical towards her products. I couldn't even watch the review till finish lmao i can't stand him 

I had a hard time watching him too. And he was at the launch party, so I was surprised he was critical.

2 minutes ago, scarlxrd said:

I had a hard time watching him too. And he was at the launch party, so I was surprised he was critical.

Manny was being a bitch. I wonder if he actually read the manual given as he barely experimented with the products :ladyhaha:

crisTEAne
1 hour ago, LilyLark said:

Tati James Charles drama, tho, I've kind of side-eyed them all because all clearly are way more attention hungry than they initially came across.

tati is BY NO MEANS an attention *****, tho. 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Archived