Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Lady Gaga in Talks to Star in Little Shop of Horrors for Warner Bros

thehanyo

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, GoneGUY said:

Laverne Cox was the first female.

Oh sh!t. True. But still...on a big screen remake..GAGA. Periodt.

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, KNJ said:

Oh sh!t. True. But still...on a big screen remake..GAGA. Periodt.

I got ya. šŸ˜ It would definitely be fun and campy.Ā 

Was wondering...

What person of color could play some main characters? Could DEF see Lin -Manuel Miranda as awkward Seymour :flutter:

What about updating time periods? Each decade has aesthetic pitfalls, in this regard, and Little Shops 50s/60s vibe is integral to the plot. BUT Has anyone seen the show Sex Education on Netflix? I absolutely love how you can easily forget the era. Which helps the audience realize how universal and perennial these "modern teen problems" actually are.

Franch Toast

I feel like y'all have been reading my mind here, as all of this Little Shop of Horrors talk made me think of Rocky Horror too, and I've been listening to the soundtrack of the latter since last night, musing that LG would fit so well into the Rocky Horror universe. Laverne Cox was great on the TV version, though too beautiful for Dr. F in my mind (the woman can't help but be glamorous). I'd love to see LG in a big-screen remake or a stage version of it; she'd be so fun. She could also do a great Janet, but she'd shine as Dr. F.Ā 

Ā 

She/Her/Hers

Borislshere
2 hours ago, KNJ said:

Was wondering...

What person of color could play some main characters? Could DEF see Lin -Manuel Miranda as awkward Seymour :flutter:

What about updating time periods? Each decade has aesthetic pitfalls, in this regard, and Little Shops 50s/60s vibe is integral to the plot. BUT Has anyone seen the show Sex Education on Netflix? I absolutely love how you can easily forget the era. Which helps the audience realize how universal and perennial these "modern teen problems" actually are.

I was thinking janelle monae, lizzo, and Ari Lennox could play crystal, ronnette and chiffon.

hb2gi17j4n411.jpg?auto=webp&s=7ae7c02361

Ā 

Franch Toast
2 hours ago, KNJ said:

Was wondering...

I'd live for LMM as Seymour. He could definitely pull it off! I trying to think about who'd make a killer dentist (pun intended).Ā 

She/Her/Hers

On 9/19/2019 at 7:27 PM, Borislshere said:

I was thinking janelle monae, lizzo, and Ari Lennox could play crystal, ronnette and chiffon.

hb2gi17j4n411.jpg?auto=webp&s=7ae7c02361

Ā 

Think Janelle is too big for this and Lizzo just broke thru to. I don't know Ari Lennox. It's a great spotlight role. Also think of other ethnicities.

1 hour ago, Franch Toast said:

I'd live for LMM as Seymour. He could definitely pull it off! I trying to think about who'd make a killer dentist (pun intended).Ā 

Someone said Chris Evan's was interested which would be ICONIC

Alright! Let's do this!

Cut/paste, replace with your pick

Remember, this production is ripe for bway world crossovers!Ā 

Ā 

LITTLE SHOP FANTASY CASTINGĀ 

The 'ettes/Greek Chorus:

Audrey II (voice):Ā James Monroe Iglehart

Seymour: Lin-Manuel Miranda/Josh Gad/Ben Platt/Tom Holland

Audrey: Gaga/

Mr. Mushnik:Ā Barry Shabaka Henley

Orin DDS:Ā Chris Evans

Arthur Denton:

Wink Wilkinson:Ā Ā 

Patrick Martin:

-------

Direction:Ā 

Costume:

Hair/Makeup: who you think?

Production Design:

Sound:Ā Sean McCormack [I heard Hustlers sound design was great so?]

Cinematography: ??? [I hope they shoot in 16 know or mimic a grain]Ā 

------

PRODUCTION NOTES

*Audrey II MUST be a custom HensonĀ Puppet -- no effin CGI!

*Audrey character more teeth, a little stronger, more substantial scenes-- not just basic damsel in distress/prize

*Do itĀ ASIB/Les Miz style--live recording.Ā 

*Make real effects not super obvi cgi

------

CAMEO SPOTS

Narrator:

First Customer:

Street Corner Doo-wop band:

Mr. Chang:

Nurse:

Various media execs:

Ā 

On 9/19/2019 at 12:37 AM, thehanyo said:

This seems legit and not a rumor...

"A new Monster may be coming to Warner Brothers!Ā Lady GagaĀ is ready to make her return to the big screen in the studioā€™sĀ Little Shop of HorrorsĀ reboot, a source exclusively reveals in the new issue ofĀ Us Weekly."

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/lady-gaga-was-offered-a-role-in-little-shop-of-horrors-reboot/

This is a good idea tbh. It's a campy, darkĀ musical; she'd kill it. And musicals do well during awards season!

She needs to NOT do another re-make just yetĀ 

12 hours ago, Spock said:

She's reportedly in talks to play Rocket's love interest in Guardians of the Galaxy 3,

I wish this was true it would be fun. Who cares about dating rumors, people love them together (:flutter:)

2 hours ago, KNJ said:

PRODUCTION NOTES

*Audrey II MUST be a custom HensonĀ Puppet -- no effin CGI!

*Audrey character more teeth, a little stronger, more substantial scenes-- not just basic damsel in distress/prize

*Do itĀ ASIB/Les Miz style--live recording.Ā 

*Make real effects not super obvi cgi

YES to all of this esp the cgi

The success of this remake really would rely on great casting

Archived