Stefani Tee
politics

Warren in clear second place in 2020 race (NBC poll)

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

The fact people are more enthusiastic about Biden than Sanders in this poll.... the US is really f*cked up, isn’t it? 

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Like 32
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

OG Gaga Stan

And of course this is the poll the media will focus on while ignoring the polls that have Sanders in a strong second. 

• Like 26
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

kyanewest

I don't mean to offend anyone but overall candidates in the US seem... not smart. Seems very difficult to pick someone, although anyone other than Trump is better :ohwell:

The crowds are gone. And it's time to wash out the blonde.

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

And of course this is the poll the media will focus on while ignoring the polls that have Sanders in a strong second. 

I’m convinced media pundits are doing everything they can to make Sanders drop in polls. 

They’ll do the same to Warren just before the primaries begin. 

Biden is the clear favorite of many people on TV. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

thierryrreiht

Sanders or Warren 2020

Ideally one president and the other vice president

• Like 8
  • YAAAS 3
  • Thanks 3

OG Gaga Stan
Just now, Morphine Prince said:

I’m convinced media pundits are doing everything they can to make Sanders drop in polls. 

They’ll do the same to Warren just before the primaries begin. 

Biden is the clear favorite of many people on TV. 

Warren's quickly become the favorite of rich white liberals who want to be perceived as progressive without committing to a candidate that will actually upend the system that they benefit from (Sanders), as evidenced by nearly every Warren supporter on this site. The media will be fine with her winning as long as Sanders isn't the nominee.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

Warren's quickly become the favorite of rich white liberals who want to be perceived as progressive without committing to a candidate that will actually upend the system that they benefit from (Sanders), as evidenced by nearly every Warren supporter on this site. The media will be fine with her winning as long as Sanders isn't the nominee.

True. I actually like Warren but she is my second choice. She’s the best candidate after Bernie. But there’s no way Bernie isn’t getting my vote. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

OG Gaga Stan
6 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

True. I actually like Warren but she is my second choice. She’s the best candidate after Bernie. But there’s no way Bernie isn’t getting my vote. 

No, I feel the same way. She's my second choice, if I had to name one.

At the end of the day, though, I don't really have a second favorite. Her recently-released healthcare proposal that she's calling M4A isn't Medicare for All at all (no guarantees that there will be no co-pays or deductibles, no single-payer structure), she's right-wing on foreign policy, and she's been courting establishment figures behind the scenes assuring them that she won't upend the system like Bernie would (https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/26/us/politics/elizabeth-warren-democrats.html).

She'd definitely be a stronger ally to working people than Biden, but I'm not at all excited to vote for a politician whose going into a negotiation with Republicans who play dirty with half measures rather than a real progressive fighting for a mass movement to implement sweeping, systemic change. 

Edited by OG Gaga Stan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

HorusRa2

The cross tabs are more telling and they tell me this is an outlier poll. It has her winning Hispanics by 4% when all other polling with breakdowns have her in a very distant 3rd or 4th with Bernie and Biden leading. Also, any poll that shows Bernie’s AA support with less than 10% is suspect esp provided that poll has Warren with nearly 15% of the AA vote. She does very poorly with AA compared to both Biden and Bernie in the aggregate of polls & they also suggest Warren’s support is the whitest among any candidate. 

This poll also has Bernie performing 3rd with people w/o a college degree and EVERY poll has him at 1st or nearly tied with Biden. This poll also shows Bernie with 33% (1st) of the under 35 vote and only 2% of the +65 vote. Bernie does poorly with old people but it’s not as bad as this (usually 9-10%). 

You could argue that Warren is still in 2nd (I think she’s still in 3rd when you look at the aggregate of polls) but even if she is, it’s not going to be by the margin shown in this poll. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

M Monstre
8 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

I’m sorry, but can you stop with this rhetoric? I’m not a “rich white” person but I fully support Warren. I definitely support Bernie too, he’s my second choice, but there’s literally no need to react with the “sad” reaction every time something comes up that isn’t fully 100% supporting Bernie. 

Also, what do you mean by “liberals who want to be perceived as progressive without committing to a candidate that will actually upend the system”? Bernie and Elizabeth have a lot of similar policies when it comes down to representing the working class and trying to take down the corruption and greed of corporate America. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Morphine Prince
3 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I’m sorry, but can you stop with this rhetoric? I’m not a “rich white” person but I fully support Warren. I definitely support Bernie too, he’s my second choice, but there’s literally no need to react with the “sad” reaction every time something comes up that isn’t fully 100% supporting Bernie. 

Also, what do you mean by “liberals who want to be perceived as progressive without committing to a candidate that will actually upend the system”? Bernie and Elizabeth have a lot of similar policies when it comes down to representing the working class and trying to take down the corruption and greed of corporate America. 

Warren is the more comfortable choice for rich liberals. That doesn’t take away many regular people like her. 

Warren is not the most progressive candidate in the race. She’s a second for someone like me :) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

OG Gaga Stan
29 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I’m sorry, but can you stop with this rhetoric? I’m not a “rich white” person but I fully support Warren. 

It's not "rhetoric." It's a fact. Look at any of the several pieces that break down the demographics that make up her supporters, Sanders' supporters and Biden's supporters.

ECMRgsJWsAAUH0I?format=jpg&name=small

Hers are almost entirely white. Biden's are almost entirely old. Bernie's are mostly POC, mostly women, mostly working class and a substantial portion of them are young (I.E. the people we need to vote in order to win).

71% of Warren's voters are white. Nearly 3/4ths of them. They're overwhelmingly likely to be upper middle class to wealthy, overwhelmingly likely to have gone to college, and are overwhelmingly likely to be white. Pointing that out is not only fair game, it's vital when distinguishing between the two candidates.

29 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Bernie and Elizabeth have a lot of similar policies when it comes down to representing the working class and trying to take down the corruption and greed of corporate America. 

This isn't true. Read and compare their policy proposals (particularly when it comes to healthcare, education, the military, unionization efforts, carceral reform, and student loan debt) and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Edited by OG Gaga Stan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

HorusRa2
2 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

With Warren you have to dig deeper. She has already said she will be taking big money in the general election. Just because she says she won’t take big money in the primary doesn’t make her less corrupt if she’s still going to use that money in order to finance a campaign to get into office. 

Also, there’s consistent crosstabs in polling that shows the higher the income and higher the education & also the more Caucasian you are, the more likely you are to support Warren. If she is going to win this primary, she’s going to need a broader coalition than that. What the other poster meant is that rich people like Gaga & other celebrities like her who will support Clinton, Warren, Biden or Beto because they are socially left but are not willing to make systemic changes to benefit working people at the expense of the ruling class. Somebody would like this would vote for Warren, not because they’re bad people but because they don’t see the benefit of a more economic populist leftist candidate. & it’s because they have money. They don’t have to worry about student loans or medical debt. Or having enough money to pay their bills 

Bernie and warren are nothing alike. They support similar policies but the difference is huge. Bernie advocates for universal programs because he believes these programs are something everyone should be part of the system but the amount you participate into it is in a progressive way (costs are paid more by those with more money) whereas Warren wants to base how much of a something you get based on how much you have. 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 3