Stefani Tee
politics

Beto O'Rourke receives death threat by Texas Lawmaker.

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin

Texas Lawmaker Brisco Cain issues Beto O'Rourke a death threat after Beto's  performance at the debate. 

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/13/orourke-death-threat-texas-lawmaker-1494500

Just so you know, it is illegal to threaten a person running for president. On top of that it's not just a threat but a death threat. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 1

HybridAT

His campaign is treating it as a serious threat and have reported this to the FBI as they should

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 8
  • Love 2

Bonkers
8 minutes ago, geopang said:

That’s not a death threat, but ok. 

No?  Tweet it out the president before flying to Washington DC and let me know what happens.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 15

Maleficent

1. This is not a death threat

2. Does anyone feel the sexual tension in the tweet "My AR is ready for you Robert Francis"?

I'm not a witch, I'm a love technician
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Maleficent
Just now, Bonkers said:

No?  Tweet it out the president before flying to Washington DC and let me know what happens.

Context. If the tweet had popped up out the blue it could be argued to be a death threat, but in this context it is not. 

It's like saying "I'm taking away your pizza" and the person replying "My pizza is ready for you sir".

I'm not a witch, I'm a love technician

geopang
1 minute ago, Bonkers said:

1. The president isn’t trying to infringe on your constitutional rights

2. Nowhere in that tweet did the guy threaten O’Rourke. 

And how much do you want to bet that they’ll be showing up with guns to your door to take YOUR gun. Hypocritical. 

• Shook 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Whispering
13 minutes ago, geopang said:

That’s not a death threat, but ok. 

He’s running for President. Tweet the same to someone who is running for President and see what happens. 

• Like 3

Morphine Prince

Y’all should write a letter to Trump saying “My AR-15 is ready for you” 

Can’t wait to see your picture on national television. 

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Like 13

TheQueenLG

Yes. It's a death threat. 

A death threat doesn't have to be super explicit. In other words, a statement can still be a death threat even if it doesn't explicitly say 'I'm going to kill you.' 

giphy.gif

Edited by TheQueenLG
  • Like 10

Bonkers
8 minutes ago, geopang said:

1. The president isn’t trying to infringe on your constitutional rights

2. Nowhere in that tweet did the guy threaten O’Rourke. 

And how much do you want to bet that they’ll be showing up with guns to your door to take YOUR gun. Hypocritical. 

I reacted shook because I tried to get in your head and it was just like :wtfga::wtfga::wtfga::wtfga:

When the police show up to the scene of gun violence, I guess they should leave their guns at home because it's hypocritical?  Uhh, yah, you need to be ready to defend yourself when you take dangerous assault weapons away from people who are quite possibly insane and are armed?  

How did you end up like this?  :wtfga::wtfga::wtfga::wtfga::wtfga::wtfga:

Spoiler

:wtfga::wtfga::wtfga::wtfga::wtfga::wtfga::wtfga:

M Monstre

I can’t believe some of y’all are defending this...this is nothing short of disgusting.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

geopang
2 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

I reacted shook because I tried to get in your head and it was just like :wtfga::wtfga::wtfga::wtfga:

When the police show up to the scene of gun violence, I guess they should leave their guns at home because it's hypocritical?  Uhh, yah, you need to be ready to defend yourself when you take dangerous assault weapons away from people who are quite possibly insane and are armed?  

How did you end up like this?  :wtfga::wtfga::wtfga::wtfga::wtfga::wtfga:

Reveal hidden contents

:wtfga::wtfga::wtfga::wtfga::wtfga::wtfga::wtfga:

What I find scary is that you believe police should have guns, yet regular citizens can’t. Scary. Especially after all that police “brutality” we witness. Again, it’s a constitutional right to have a gun and it’s ultimately to protect yourself from tyrannical government, kind of like the one Robert Frances O’Rourke is aiming for. 

• Like 1
  • Shook 1

rumours

Hey now, maybe by saying "my AR-15 is ready for you", the representative is ready to hand over his weapon to the government per O'Rourke's request in the debate. Such personal dedication to the fight against gun violence, Brisco Cain!

Local police will be at your doorstep momentarily to take away your gun as you requested in your tweet.

police security GIF

17 minutes ago, geopang said:

I really can't tell if you are serious.... Moreover, if police showed up to my door to "take away my gun", I highly doubt they'd all be carrying AR-15s. If anything, they'd be carrying something like a Glock 22.