💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

YouTube changing how music video views are counted

Gatlyn

Featured Posts

YouTube is introducing a major change to its music chart system after discovering that artists and labels were using growth hacks to inflate how many people were watching their videos.

YouTube is no longer counting “advertising views” when it comes to the company calculating its music charts. Instead, ranking for top-watched music videos will be based on organic plays, according to a new blog post. Running music videos as advertisements in front of other YouTube videos has become common practice within the music industry since it can be counted as a view if it’s watched for a long enough amount of time.

This will help address calculated advertising campaigns that are launched specifically to land a music video on YouTube’s charts during the first 24 hours of being published.

1167018018.jpg.0.jpg

https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/13/20864306/youtube-music-charts-views-organic-advertisment-record-breaking-badshah-bts

TimisaMonster

Thsts how it always should have been lol

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

lost in limbo

I guess we're not getting a Dope 2.0 then :laughga: 

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

have they been under a rock lol "just discovering" or maybe seeing the payola investigation w billboard 

2 minutes ago, neptugne said:

have they been under a rock lol "just discovering" or maybe seeing the payola investigation w billboard 

I'm sure that constant ad revenue from labels delayed this discovery as long as possible :huntyga:

fine, youtube has awakened, now Stan army, time to do our part and watch the hell out of pop queens' videos  

the enemy states of Mublius Rapius and Soft EDMia shall never win another battle 

:firega:

ice heard one side from above

Archived