Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Sheryl Crow Talks Taylor Swift's Masters Battle

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

sheryl-crow-taylor-swift-getty.jpg?itok=

The 57-year-old country singer appeared on Wednesday’s Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen where she was asked by a caller about recently signing with Big Machine Records and Taylor Swift’s beef with the label over Scooter Braun buying the company and the rights to her masters. 

“I’m going to be honest with you. I live with my head in a big hole. I stay out of that world,” Crow admitted.  

But she added that artists not owning their own masters is very common.

“I will say one thing about masters is, you know, I signed with a record label 30 years ago and within five years then it became owned by Interscope and then Interscope got bought by Universal, so these things, that’s just the way the business goes,” she said. “It’s totally not unusual for your masters to change hands like 9,000 times. So I don’t know what the big stink was, so I’m kind of out of the loop. So I don’t really know.”

https://www.etonline.com/sheryl-crow-talks-taylor-swifts-masters-battle-i-dont-know-what-the-big-stink-was-132265

5 minutes ago, Rainbow1 said:

“I’m going to be honest with you. I live with my head in a big hole. I stay out of that world,” Crow admitted.  

“It’s totally not unusual for your masters to change hands like 9,000 times. So I don’t know what the big stink was, so I’m kind of out of the loop. So I don’t really know.

https://www.etonline.com/sheryl-crow-talks-taylor-swifts-masters-battle-i-dont-know-what-the-big-stink-was-132265

maybe miss thing should have just sat there and soaked up the sun and not tell anyone

3 points in and ready for more

wut she is simply saying she doesnt know anything about the situation and that it's normal for masters to change owners... There is nothing shady or explicit against taylor here...

Musery

SeasonOfTheWitch

Well it’s true. Many artist don’t own their masters. Some find this wrong, but many celebrities don’t give too much thought about it because they care more about other things. I don’t see where Cheryl was being rude or anything. 

What's wrong with what she said? it's just another perspective.. there's no shade or attack her, like the thread wanted us to think..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

She's 57? :wtfga:

I remember watching her back on Sesame Street back in like... a long time ago when I was like 3 or 4 or something :laughga:

SPARTACUS

I love Sheryl Crow even more now. :classy:

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

Archived