yASSsss

Featured Posts

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, fathermonster said:

Was this shot in December last year like all the Haus Labs stuff 🙄

all the Haus Labs stuff was shot in May this year

ITT: Fans pissed at getting any kind information/photos/news for no reason other than it's not an album/song announcement.

Nothings ever enough for y'all :interestinga:

#𝟏 𝐁𝐢𝐎𝐍𝐢𝐂 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍

:worship2::worship2::worship2:

Thank you Sarah, Freddie, Nicola, Bobby, and Gaga for gracing us with these amazing images on this sh!tty Thursday!! They are everything and I am living for them!

Franch Toast

Okay, now that I've picked up my jaw from the floor, fanned myself for a bit, and have accepted that yes, Gaga indeed is making me question my heterosexuality, I can finally respond to the actual interview content. 

I can understand why people would think what she's saying rings hollow or seems antithetical to her "love yourself" message, but I think she's being very sincere, and I understand what she's saying regarding how makeup helped her to invent Lady Gaga. The most succinct way to explain it would be to borrow from Dumbo (if you're not familiar with the story, spoiler ahead). At least in the cartoon version (I couldn't bear to watch the live-action version, as the cartoon already made me sob too much), Dumbo thinks he needs his magic feather to fly, but it turns out that he could fly all along without that magic feather – the feather helped him to believe in himself. Makeup was/is her metaphorical feather. Stefani already had the talent to become Lady Gaga, but makeup, wigs, and crazy costumes  allowed her to transform into Lady Gaga and stand out from the crowd, because let's face it, raw talent isn't always enough to get noticed. She's discussed in ASIB interviews how Lady Gaga was a kind of armor that she created for herself, and makeup was part of that armor. Sure, pre-Lady Gaga she wore makeup, but as Lady Gaga she took it to another level. It also reminds me of the message in "Hair" about how doing her hair allowed her to express her identity and feel confident. 

And I get it. When I'm feeling low, getting my hair done or putting on makeup can give my confidence a boost, and at times, it can allow me to put on a different persona. 

LG's words might sound fake or contrived, but we all know that she is earnest and somewhat extra when she talks about things passionate to her. I believe that she's being sincere when she talks about how makeup helped her. I believe that Haus Labs is different for her than the Fame perfume. Based on the interview with that investor, it sounds like LG has truly thrown herself into this venture and is committed to it. And how wonderful that she's able to do it with Sarah. :heart: I can't wait for my Haus Labs products to arrive to I can have fun with them and create my own persona for Enigma this winter, though I can't remember what I ordered. It will be a surprise! 

She/Her/Hers

Biden Harris 2024

WFT, I leave for work and this happens... I'm always late when she does this. WOW, she's just so damn beautiful :saira:

I really enjoyed the interview. :heart: I could relate to what she’s saying a lot in regards to her relationship with makeup, and I think plenty of Allure readers will as well.

Sepsami
19 hours ago, OMonster said:

She looks great and I love the shoot, but... 

'When I became Lady Gaga when I was younger, it was because I discovered makeup' 

Doesn't sit all that well with me, and I am sure other fans, too. 

I have been a big advocate for how Haus Labs is all about identity, self-creation and inner-confidence expressed outwards - *but* to say that Lady Gaga IS the result of makeup is, well, a disingenuous reach to say the least. 

Lady Gaga, I would hope (and deep down, know), is the result of a love of artistry and expression. 

And I know makeup is a part of that, and I know this campaign is for a makeup brand... but, yeah - I don't like how she is reducing her identity to makeup right now.

:shrug:

You don't get what she means, Lady Gaga isn't the makeup

The make up made her brave enough to eventually become her alter ego Lady Gaga, it's what started it all during her early teens. 

Obviously she loved music since a little girl, well before Lady Gaga was a thing. 

Luna Lovegood
8 minutes ago, GamesBX2608 said:

She looks very personal, It has her character

--------------------------------------

GAMESBX

dafuq is up with the sudden steep of bots coming into this cult site omfg

luna’s advocate

Queen Gloria

That phoenix look.. omfg. She better keep up the strong visuals/fashion for LG6. Work it, mama! 

Does anyone know, if (and how)  I can order a copy to Germany?

I only found out, that I could  subscribe the magazine for a whole year...

Hat jemand aus Deutschland zufällig eine Ahnung, wie ich ein Exemplar in Deutschland bekomme? Ich habe nur herausgefunden, dass ich "Allure" wohl ein ganzes Jahr abonnieren könnte...aber ich will doch nur diese Ausgabe ;)

Just now, Vejuno said:

Does anyone know, if (and how)  I can order a copy to Germany?

I only found out, that I could  subscribe the magazine for a whole year...

Hat jemand aus Deutschland zufällig eine Ahnung, wie ich ein Exemplar in Deutschland bekomme? Ich habe nur herausgefunden, dass ich "Allure" wohl ein ganzes Jahr abonnieren könnte...aber ich will doch nur diese Ausgabe ;)

newstand.co.uk will have the issue when it gets released worldwide on the 18th October and magazine cafe 

Archived