Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

Edited by Morphine Prince
The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 1

Faysalaaa

Im not sure how to feel about this, of all the things in Iran, you set yourself on fire because of a football game?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

geopang

Sahar Khodayari, 29, faced charges of "appearing in public without a hijab" when she attempted to enter the stadium "dressed as a man" in March, according to Amnesty.

How come I never hear women’s rights groups talking about this specific issue? This is what happens when religion runs a country. Trash.

• Like 4

Candy Gaga
5 minutes ago, geopang said:

Sahar Khodayari, 29, faced charges of "appearing in public without a hijab" when she attempted to enter the stadium "dressed as a man" in March, according to Amnesty.

How come I never hear women’s rights groups talking about this specific issue? This is what happens when religion runs a country. Trash.

This is Iran we're talking about sadly women has no rights there.

Edited by Candy Gaga

Majaa

My compatriots are very upset about this 

Edited by Majaa

LeoFameMonster

i think she did this under principal. highlighting that women cant even enter a stadium for something so basic as a football game. 

its quite sad really but I hope she brings added attention to the ongoing oppression of women. 

• Like 1

dove
1 hour ago, Faysalaaa said:

Im not sure how to feel about this, of all the things in Iran, you set yourself on fire because of a football game?

I think it was not because of the football game itself, but more due to the fact that she couldn't take it any longer that she didn't have rights (they don't let women enter stadiums in Iran when there is a men's football match afaik) and couldn't enter a stadium just to enjoy a game like everyone else. It was like "Ok this is it, I can't take this anymore" It's pretty sad. All that unfairness led to killing herself out of pure rage and anger.

• Like 1

Adarsh

Not you guys missing the entire point of her protest and sacrifice. I hope it doesn’t go to waste :heart:

That boy is a monster
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

little legend
1 hour ago, geopang said:

Attempted enter stadium dressed as a man...

This reminds me, a woman in ancient Greece, she done the exactly same thing because women weren't allowed to enter the stadiums and etc. The fact that 2.500 years after, this situation still exists in some countries... :wtf:

• Like 1
  • Shook 1

Faysalaaa
20 minutes ago, dove said:

I think it was not because of the football game itself, but more due to the fact that she couldn't take it any longer that she didn't have rights (they don't let women enter stadiums in Iran when there is a men's football match afaik) and couldn't enter a stadium just to enjoy a game like everyone else. It was like "Ok this is it, I can't take this anymore" It's pretty sad. All that unfairness led to killing herself out of pure rage and anger.

Not being allowed to enter a mens football is not a reason to kill yourself, specially in Iran.

• Like 1

dove
4 hours ago, Faysalaaa said:

Not being allowed to enter a mens football is not a reason to kill yourself, specially in Iran.

That what I said, you missed my point. It goes beyond not being allowed to enter a men's football game, its the root of it.