💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Matt Reeves Eyeing POC Actress For Catwoman In Robert Pattinson’s ‘Batman’

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

Robert-Pattinson-Batman-Matt-Reeves-Catw

The Batman director Matt Reeves is looking to cast a woman of color for the role of Catwoman opposite Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne.

The search is officially underway for the next Catwoman. The Batman helmer Matt Reeves is putting some feelers out to women of color for the role of the femme fatale alongside Robert Pattinson’s Batman. One source tells us Matt Reeves wants a Zoe Kravitz-type actress to play Catwoman, meaning whoever is cast will likely be Black or biracial. Zoe Kravitz was the actual choice/prototype for the Catwoman role, but the actress is not available due to her busy schedule.

The Batman arrives in theaters on June 25, 2021. Stay tuned for the latest news on Robert Pattinson, Matt Reeves, Catwoman and the future of the DC Extended Universe.

https://heroichollywood.com/robert-pattinson-batman-catwoman-poc-matt-reeves/

if they really wanna leave me wigless they should make a good standalone catwoman movie instead of making another batman. 

beaublue

So instead of creating POC characters & writing just as complex stories for them as white characters, we’re turning white characters black & undermining what POC actually deserve? Alrighty then

not to mention Halle Berry played Catwoman in her own solo movie so this isn’t some outstanding change he’s making but watch people praise him 🤦🏻‍♀️

freezer bride

i love catwoman shes my favorite super villain & idgaf what nationality she is .... but dont eye a specific new race for an old character just for shock value or 'hopeful' good press

♥.

SeasonOfTheWitch

... I can’t be the only one who’s noticed this recent “white guy and his black/mixed love interest/side kick” trend/fetish in superhero films (and films in general) can I? 

SeasonOfTheWitch
5 minutes ago, barbie ferreira said:

i love catwoman shes my favorite super villain & idgaf what nationality she is .... but dont eye a specific new race for an old character just for shock value or 'hopeful' good press

And I Oop Whatcha Say GIF by swerk

LilyLark

I am always glad to see more WOC cast in movies. However, Zoe turned this down because of her "schedule"...but she really doesn't have that busy of a schedule. And Zoe is big, but not JLaw or Lupita big to the point that a comic book film won't help her career. The fact that Zoe turned it down (when normally it would be a good career move) is making me wonder if there's something weird or bad about the script or people are hesitant to sign on to the millionth Batman movie.

And suddenly that terrible memories of 2004 Catwoman memories floods back in :wtfga:

Hope it won't be that bad this time.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

LilyLark
3 minutes ago, SeasonOfTheWitch said:

... I can’t be the only one who’s noticed this recent “white guy and his black/mixed love interest/side kick” trend/fetish in superhero films (and films in general) can I? 

The producers are afraid and/or racist to cast two Black leads or a Black man with a white woman, so they go with the slightly more accepted by the GP white man with a Black woman. There's no reason Spiderman couldn't have been Miles Morales instead of the millionth film with a white boy Peter Parker, but the chicken sh*t producers made the millionth white boy Spiderman film but cast a Black love interest to try and be more diverse.

There's no reason to not do race blind casting with comic book characters and to change it up (since Batman is just tired at this point) they could have had an Asian, Black, Latino Batman. I could picture someone like Henry Golding killing it as Batman.

LilyLark
10 minutes ago, lovedillon said:

So instead of creating POC characters & writing just as complicated stories for them as white characters we’re turning white characters black & undermining what POC actually deserve? Alrighty then

not to mention Halle Berry played Catwoman in her own solo movie so this isn’t some outstanding change he’s making but watch people praise him 🤦🏻‍♀️

It's a comic book. It's not like Catwoman is a real life white lady like Eleanor Roosevelt. Comic book casting, like 99% of film casting, should be race blind imo—it doesn't matter if it's Latino/a, Black, Asian...anyone can play a character. And Catwoman has been portrayed by Eartha Kitt and  Halle Berry.

ZiggyZiggs

Why are they making a big deal about a woc Catwoman like it hasn’t been done before? Eartha kitt and Halle berry say hi

cast a poc as Batman and then we’ll talk 

As long as it’s better than the Halle Barry one then idc:madge: Catwoman deserves a good movie!

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

beaublue
44 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

It's a comic book. It's not like Catwoman is a real life white lady like Eleanor Roosevelt. Comic book casting, like 99% of film casting, should be race blind imo—it doesn't matter if it's Latino/a, Black, Asian...anyone can play a character. And Catwoman has been portrayed by Eartha Kitt and  Halle Berry.

I don’t think you actually read my comment... I literally said cat woman was already portrayed by Halle Berry, a woman of color. I have no issue with race bending, I was defending the fact that they should be writing & creating poc characters that are just as complex as the white characters instead of race bending other characters because poc’s deserve their own iconic original characters of their own... like how did you not comprehend what I said lmfaooo I’m done with the internet for tonight 🤦🏻‍♀️

Archived