news

Charli XCX - 2099 (ft. Troye Sivan)

Tom Bradley

Featured Posts

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, lovedillon said:

Prince, Smashing Pumpkins & more have all named songs after years... it’s not original, it’sinform yourself barack obama GIF

especially considering she already put out a song with Troye titled 1999, seems like she ran out of ideas & wants to ride the coattails of a song she already put out đŸ€·đŸ»â€â™€ïž Sorry not sorry

Sis that’s the point. Don’t remember the exact quote, but Charli said the song is a spiritual sequel or whatever to 1999

also imagine thinking Charli XCX has “ran out of ideas” when she’s one of, if not the, most forward thinking pop artist out there and has been for years :ladyhaha:

who will love me when the night is over

Suspiria

Kinda disappointed by this one. Maybe it was because my expectations were too high (closing track with a cool title). The instrumental is cool as always but the core song just isn't great. There isn't a point that really blows me away or hooks me. I was waiting the whole time for the big ear shattering chorus that just never came...

I've loved every other song so far though so still extremely hyped for the album.

2 hours ago, lovedillon said:

Prince, Smashing Pumpkins & more have all named songs after years... it’s not original, it’sinform yourself barack obama GIF

especially considering she already put out a song with Troye titled 1999, seems like she ran out of ideas & wants to ride the coattails of a song she already put out đŸ€·đŸ»â€â™€ïž Sorry not sorry

Lady_Gaga_%E2%80%93_The_Fame_album_cover

The_Fame_Monster.png

Honestly when I first heard the preview from the Go West festival I wasn't feeling it that much but, fast forward to finally listening to the studio version and it sounds AMAZING

I like the theme of 1999 being an ode to the past and with 2099 being an ode to the future :vegas:

"THANKS FOR HOLDING MY HAND"

seashellbabe
8 hours ago, Spock said:

It's SO GOOD 

I was at the Witlern when she performed it with Troye and it was like ???? but hearing the studio version is such an experience :giveup:

I was there too!! I'm so excited to have the studio 

Twitter and Insta: @seashellbabe

beaublue
7 hours ago, SKANK said:

Lady_Gaga_%E2%80%93_The_Fame_album_cover

The_Fame_Monster.png

Thank you for proving my point đŸ€ŠđŸ»â€â™€ïž the sequel concept has been done. She honestly couldn’t think of an original idea? I guess that’s why Charli has yet to reach the mainstream audiences & continues to be a niche entertainer đŸ€·đŸ»â€â™€ïž (THIS IS SHADE/A JOKE for those who don’t understand & keep replying)

32 minutes ago, lovedillon said:

Thank you for proving my point đŸ€ŠđŸ»â€â™€ïž the sequel concept has been done. She honestly couldn’t think of an original idea? I guess that’s why Charli has yet to reach the mainstream audiences & continues to be a niche entertainer đŸ€·đŸ»â€â™€ïž

Disco sticks, hair bows, and balls, oh my...

tumblr_ol2p4jiB1p1tl1wfio1_1280.jpg

lady-gaga-hair-bow.jpg

61e71739f02d3a03bd8d5aebddee63c1--the-fa

article-2076549-0F3BBD8600000578-3_468x7

lady-gaga-mermaid-hair-bow-ffn-ftr-1.jpg

GettyImages-963139586%2520Cropped.jpg

The Fame Ball, The Fame Monster Ball, The Born This Way Ball, The ARTPOP Ball...

beaublue
56 minutes ago, SKANK said:

The Fame Ball, The Fame Monster Ball, The Born This Way Ball, The ARTPOP Ball...

The MONSTER Ball... get ya titles correct lmao

but anyway lmao

whocares

Yea, I don’t like it. ‘Gone’ is the only song I like from this album. I hyped myself way too much for her music.

LordEnigma
2 hours ago, lovedillon said:

Thank you for proving my point đŸ€ŠđŸ»â€â™€ïž the sequel concept has been done. She honestly couldn’t think of an original idea? I guess that’s why Charli has yet to reach the mainstream audiences & continues to be a niche entertainer đŸ€·đŸ»â€â™€ïž

Oh God - what is the point of posting this? You don't like the song - we get it. I like when artists reference or have "sequels." It means their work doesn't end just with one concept. This has been happening since music began as an art form - let's not act like Charli has "ran out of ideas" when artists have been doing this for years,

beaublue
1 minute ago, Alexander Levi said:

Oh God - what is the point of posting this? You don't like the song - we get it. I like when artists reference or have "sequels." It means their work doesn't end just with one concept. This has been happening since music began as an art form - let's not act like Charli has "ran out of ideas" when artists have been doing this for years,

Girl... what is the point of responding to me? Clearly you couldn’t sense that I was joking in the last bit, ever hear of the word “shade?” Like cmon 😂

ItWasntLaauv

Charli XCX is one of the most interesting artists and I’m gonna go ahead and say that she’s my favorite pop star right now!! I love every single release from this album so far, I CANNOT wait for the rest of the album, I’m so glad I’m seeing her in October. :firega::nooo:

Archived