💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I just listened to Billie and Lana albums

whocares

Featured Posts

whocares

Recently, a friend of mine who is obsessed with Lana Del Rey made me listen to her new album. I thought it was a decent album. My favorite ones were F**k it I love you, Cinnamon Girl, Venice Bitch ( I don’t mind the song being over 9 minutes tbh) and Doin’ Time’s cover is really good. The latter is definitely my favorite one.

Now, I had listen to Billie’s album once but never went back to it. Today, I decided to listen to the album again. And yes, this is my pick for Album Of The Year. For months now, I’ve seen people say Billie is basically a copy of Lana and Lorde. I have to disagree. Although she definitely is inspire by them, like most pop stars nowadays, she has songs that sets her apart from them. Songs like Bad Guy, You Should See Me In A Crown and Bury A Friend have their own unique sounds. I hope she explores with that sound even more for her future projects. I also like Wish You Were Gay, All The Good Girls Go To Hell, When the Party’s Over and I Love You.

In conclusion, I like some songs from NFR but as a whole project, I will have to join Billie’s team on this one. I enjoyed it more. It’s also more versatile. I have to give props to Billie’s brother too. He’s the mastermind behind her sound. 

So far this is how I feel about some of the contenders for Album Of The Year:

1. When We Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go

2. NFR

3. A Star Is Born (I will probably change my mind about this one and make it my second choice later)

4. Thank U, Next

Ryusei
2 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Listen to NFR for a second time. All Lana's albums are growers.

True. It grew on me more every time I listened to it. The first time I was actually kinda meh about it cause it was just the first listen and I focused so much on the lyrics 

Musery

whocares
2 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Listen to NFR for a second time. All Lana's albums are growers.

I have listened to the album twice so far. I am planning on giving it another listen soon.

Glamourpuss

Excellent taste. :applause:

Billie's album is so good. You should also listen to her EP called Don't Smile at Me. 

Sneaky Oliver
9 minutes ago, geopang said:

I fell asleep listening to Billie’s album, and I preferred her EP. But to each his own.

But where did you go? :ally:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Morphine Prince

Billie and Lana have the best albums this year. 

Although I stan Billie I have to say NFR is the best album this year. 

They aren’t similar. People who say so are usually haters who can’t get past an aesthetic. 

Battle 4 Ur Life

I have no idea how can anybody claim Billie Eilish is a copy of Lorde and Lana when they can actually sing and not just whisper. can’t see how actual musicians compare to an ASMR artist but to each their own.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

whocares
27 minutes ago, D0P3 said:

I have no idea how can anybody claim Billie Eilish is a copy of Lorde and Lana when they can actually sing and not just whisper. can’t see how actual musicians compare to an ASMR artist but to each their own.

Songs like ‘I love you’, ‘wish you were gay’ and  ‘lovely’ proves Billie can definitely sing. And Lana nor Lorde are known exactly for being vocalist. In fact, I would argue one of the biggest criticism against them is that they’re not very good singers. But to each their own.

Anderson123

I enjoyed both albums and would love to see them win something. I think Lana’s was better executed though. Bad Guy, Crown and Bury a Friend are some of my favorite songs this year but the only thing I don’t like about the album is that it has like these 3 really slow ballads one right after the other one, then again at the end. The pace of the album felt like it was dragging for too long but other than that, it’s a great project. 

Lana, Lorde and Billie are NOTHING like each other but I understand why people would say that when they have only listened to a couple of songs. It’s like saying Gaga, Britney and Madonna are all the same when they’re clearly very different for those of us who have gotten into their music for years now. 

Battle 4 Ur Life
On 9/4/2019 at 12:53 PM, scarlxrd said:

Songs like ‘I love you’, ‘wish you were gay’ and  ‘lovely’ proves Billie can definitely sing. And Lana nor Lorde are known exactly for being vocalist. In fact, I would argue one of the biggest criticism against them is that they’re not very good singers. But to each their own.

lol obviously meant as a joke. she can sing, she's just not my favorite type of vocalist. I'd def take either over Billie but again a matter of taste.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Archived