Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Will Adele sell +1M pure sales first week with her upcoming album?

Mana Mahad

???  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Pure sales

Featured Posts

corvus albus

Very likely. Pure sales were already hard in 2015 but she broke records that were decades old. She won't break records again but she will stomp necks left and right again.

beaublue
5 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

Very likely. Pure sales were already hard in 2015 but she broke records that were decades old. She won't break records again but she will stomp necks left and right again.

“She won’t break records again” lmao she literally broke records with 21 in 2011 & with 25 in 2015 so I think it’s safe to say she will again whenever she decides to release. It doesn’t matter how long Adele goes away, the demographic that listens to her & buys her music spans generations. She’s going to sell like crazy especially given how much older generations love her & buy her albums in store vs online, then you got the die hard fans/stans that buy the physical copy or multiple copies because they still appreciate tangible music. So given her history I think it’s safer to bet on her breaking records than to say suddenly she won’t though she has over & over.

corvus albus
2 minutes ago, lovedillon said:

“She won’t break records again” lmao she literally broke records with 21 in 2011 & with 25 in 2015 so I think it’s safe to say she will again whenever she decides to release. It doesn’t matter how long Adele goes away, the demographic that listens to her & buys her music spans generations. She’s going to sell like crazy especially given how much older generations love her & buy her albums in store vs online, then you got the die hard fans/stans that buy the physical copy or multiple copies because they still appreciate tangible music. So given her history I think it’s safer to bet on her breaking records than to say suddenly she won’t though she has over & over.

You completely misunderstood me and clearly have no idea about the market Adele has to conquer this time. Pure sales are already nearly dead, the fact that I say that Adele will debut above 1 mil easily despite other prime artists like Taylor failing to do so is already a huge compliment. Adele will not break her own records because the industry doesn't even support this anymore. She has other records to break but not in the pure sales department.

beaublue
16 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

You completely misunderstood me and clearly have no idea about the market Adele has to conquer this time. Pure sales are already nearly dead, the fact that I say that Adele will debut above 1 mil easily despite other prime artists like Taylor failing to do so is already a huge compliment. Adele will not break her own records because the industry doesn't even support this anymore. She has other records to break but not in the pure sales department.

Then you should’ve clarified that you were talking about breaking her own records instead of generalizing. (& I know about the market, don’t assume I don’t know what I’m talking about.) Also, Taylor debuted at 1 million in her first week & that’s pretty amazing given the market & I’m willing to bet she’ll be above a mil in a week. No doubt Adele will pull more cause she just appeals to a broader audience but let’s not cut down on Taylor in the process by undermining her achievements.

FentyGa

nah. i wouldve thought "it's adele! of course" before lover came out but if taylor can't do it...i think adele's just gonna miss it as well

streaming is just getting stronger and stronger

yes and
45 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

If Talor sold +800k yeah Adele will easily sell 1.5-2M

Taylor did it with streaming though. 2m is too much for the current era of pop music, don't overestimate her.

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

monketsharona
1 minute ago, dancewithnobody said:

Taylor did it with streaming though. 2m is too much for the current era of pop music, don't overestimate her.

Adele is big as streaming artist too. Don't underestimate her as well !

Archived