šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lana Del Rey & SNL

whocares

Featured Posts

AJRocketMan

The Saturday Night Live performance was so bad. Video Games was awkward, but Blue Jeans was honestly inexcusable and it was a train wreck. It really damaged her career and halted her momentum before the album even came out! She couldā€™ve been a Hot 100 bitch had that not happened, but she was forced to go incognito for the next two years. Itā€™s such a crying shame. Summertime Sadness,Ā National Anthem, Radio,Ā Ride, American, and Cola couldā€™ve been massive hits. šŸ˜¢

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, ryansamonster said:

Why was she singing sooo deep in Blue Jeans?? Ā :saladga:Ā 

She actually sings in a deep voice when sheā€™s nervous, there was an entire era of thisĀ :cryga:

Ā 

Poor girl she was so anxious she couldn't even breathe properly and control her voiceĀ :(Ā The Blue Jeans performance is hilarious :sweat:Ā She's trying so hard to put that sweet voice and she's singing with like 5 difference voices throughout the songĀ ahahah. She sounds amazing now live

ryansamonster
7 minutes ago, Loeppke said:

She actually sings in a deep voice when sheā€™s nervous, there was an entire era of thisĀ :cryga:

Ā 

Ā 

I first saw her live at Coachella in 2014 and I thought she was amazing! I mustā€™ve tuned out of any performances/appearancesĀ after SNL because... well :awkney:Ā 

1 minute ago, ryansamonster said:

I first saw her live at Coachella in 2014 and I thought she was amazing! I mustā€™ve tuned out of any performances/appearancesĀ after SNL because... well :awkney:Ā 

SNL was 2012 though...

ryansamonster
3 minutes ago, Loeppke said:

SNL was 2012 though...

Yes it was. Iā€™m saying I donā€™t remember watching performances of hers after SNL to when I saw her in 2014. :laughga:

AJRocketMan
29 minutes ago, ryansamonster said:

Ā 

:awkney:

Lord Temptation

Oscar-nominacted actress and singer Juliette Lewis, actress Eliza Dushku and respected journalist Brian Williams all said it was the worst SNL performance of all time.Ā Sheā€™s a laughing stock but she has a marketableĀ look and stays out of interviews, so she keeps her mouth shut where it countsĀ :ally:

LordEnigma

How do you stop paying attention to her when SNL was like her first ever performanceĀ :what:Ā she's not a robot and it was totally stage fright.Ā 

Lord Temptation
24 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

How do you stop paying attention to her when SNL was like her first ever performanceĀ :what:Ā she's not a robot and it was totally stage fright.Ā 

Exactly. I think the criticism should have been to SNL, rather than Lana. They let her perform on live national TVĀ before her debut album was even out (not counting LizzyĀ Grant). I feel Ā SNL used her for the controversy.Ā 

Nope! Definitely didnā€™t affect her. She still managed to not only recover from that but do even better with better albums and movie songs and all that. Ultraviolence made me a really big fan. I honestly donā€™t care of her popularityĀ because I honestly love her music. So some random guy bringing that up means nothing really. He just looks judgmental to me.Ā 

LeJudas

This performance is iconic. The fact that she was able to overcome it speaks volumes for how awesome she is.Ā 

Besides... It gave us this ICONIC gif...Ā :lana:

High King

She absolutely needs to come back to SNL to perform again and show everyone what sheā€™s capable of.Ā 

She doesnā€™t need to prove anything, but it would be a great comeback moment.Ā 

Archived