💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lana Del Rey & SNL

whocares

Featured Posts

whocares

I was on twitter and came across this tweet. It’s not a viral tweet at all but it got me thinking about how from time to time, when I see someone criticize Lana, they always bring up that one snl performance. Did this really damaged her image forever? 

I just watched it recently and I can just say, it was a ride. It was a damn ride lol. But that was only one performance tho. I’m sure she’s done better after that.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
crybrowz

It was just stage freight- she has improved significantly since that night. But yeah that performance was just :flop:

To cleanse our ears

whocares
7 minutes ago, Amphetamine said:

It was just stage freight- she has improved significantly since that night. But yeah that performance was just :flop:

To cleanse our ears

She sounds really good here. She should go back to snl for a redemption and promo for NFR:vegas:

Sneaky Oliver
3 minutes ago, scarlxrd said:

She sounds really good here. She should go back to snl for a redemption and promo for NFR:vegas:

Yesss she hasn’t performed in live tv since Paradise era with a plus of Honeymoon era radio live performances 

but I think she feels more confident in festivals and theater shows 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Sneaky Oliver

But on topic I think they’re just trolling. The SNL joke is so old and gone at this point. Also Blue Jeans performance is THE one people mostly refer to. :selena:

Lana has proved that she could stick around, no doubts with many controversial episodes along the way, and NFR acclaim is a proof that she has a very stable career and solid legacy 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Xoxo Adriana

I think it's pretty badass that she still has it on her official YouTube channel:lolly: its a choice, but I think majority of artists would've deleted the video.

why even bring this up after several years? clearly she’s come so far since then. let’s celebrate her growth instead of bringing back something bad so early in her career? this screams bitterness 

Meredith Grey

This performance really took a toll on her career at the beginning, but she is soaring lately. She sold out the same arenas Gaga did near me for her last tour which is amazing considering her lack of radio/high promo Gaga and other pop girls have for their albums. If anything, her coming back from that so early in her career showed how powerful she really is.

I always find it funny how people use someone's economic background to completely invalidate their art. Coming from a wealthy family doesn't make Gaga, Billie Eillish or Lana's art any less talented or passionate.

underneath the pine

ryansamonster

:lana: :lana: :lana: iconic.

I just tried watching these performances again, since I haven’t seen them since they aired. Couldn’t finish either. Why was she singing sooo deep in Blue Jeans??  :saladga: She’s come so far though, I’ve seen her live a handful of times now and it’s... not this. She’s doin just fine.

Ashlee, however, has NEVER come back from that trainwreck, unfortunately. She had some jams!

whocares
Just now, Jorget said:

I always find it funny how people use someone's economic background to completely invalidate their art. Coming from a wealthy family doesn't make Gaga, Billie Eillish or Lana's art any less talented or passionate.

Agree.

Archived