Katy_Perry_-_Prism_cover.png
October 18

Artpop_cover.png
November 11

Britney_Jean.png
November 29

440px-Beyonc%C3%A9_-_Beyonc%C3%A9.svg.pn
December 13

They all had their heels on our throats and did NOT let us breathe :giveup:  The one-two-three-four-five PUNCH of event release after event release. All iconic eras in their own right, they gave us iconic songs, videos, performances, looks and tours. The gay stars aligned in a such a way that I feel did not happen ever again for the remainder of the decade.

Were there any other release periods that slayed you in the last 10 years? Maybe something similar will happen again in the 2020s :diane: 

who will love me when the night is over

Pop Music

it was a glorious time even though personally I was going through hell at that time musically and pop cultural wise it was amazing.

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

6 minutes ago, hurricane326 said:

Britney_Jean.png

This is...let's just say..unique among your list

It gave us Work Bitch and, most importantly, the Myah Marie mess. Both were iconic :lolly:

Prismatic Light

Maybe one of the best moments in pop music: Prism and ARTPOP, are we serious? :giveup:I wish I lived those eras in the exact moments instead of becoming a fan of them a few years ago... Prism and Katys music in general was everywhere and the nostalgy hits me like a truck ugh 

Be kind 🧡

AJRocketMan

Yeah, despite the antagonism against Gaga and ARTPOP at the time, 2013 was a fantastic year for music, especially the pop stuff, and that includes ARTPOP. Although I don’t care for Katy and Britney, that year blessed us with fantastic music videos, songs, albums, and EPs. The end of the year was the best. I’d say 2013 in general was the best year of the 2010’s for not just music, but pop culture as a whole. I love 2013 and I will miss it forever.

Inferno

I feel like 2010/11 felt a lot more fresh and exciting. Apart from self-titled, 2013 was pretty wack. It was the last hurrah for all the millennial generations pop girls on the charts and it felt like it. Even though Ive never cared for Katy and I never thought Loud was Rih's best album, like the whole vibe and mood of the 10/11 era felt a lot more crowded and fast paced and it all felt new. Like we were right at the center of pop girls having their peak.

I think a lot of users on this site were just coming of age or something in 2012/13. Now that were so far removed from that era, I can look back and I see how I guess ya'll are gen z right? Its like you guys became truly conscious of pop culture and stuff at that time and are now young adults that are dictating whats popular. so it makes sense that you're romanticizing that era. But as someone who was already going to clubs, 2013 was like the death of it all. Sans self-titled, again lol

10 minutes ago, Inferno said:

I feel like 2010/11 felt a lot more fresh and exciting. Apart from self-titled, 2013 was pretty wack. It was the last hurrah for all the millennial generations pop girls on the charts and it felt like it. Even though Ive never cared for Katy and I never thought Loud was Rih's best album, like the whole vibe and mood of the 10/11 era felt a lot more crowded and fast paced and it all felt new. Like we were right at the center of pop girls having their peak.

I think a lot of users on this site were just coming of age or something in 2012/13. Now that were so far removed from that era, I can look back and I see how I guess ya'll are gen z right? Its like you guys became truly conscious of pop culture and stuff at that time and are now young adults that are dictating whats popular. so it makes sense that you're romanticizing that era. But as someone who was already going to clubs, 2013 was like the death of it all. Sans self-titled, again lol

I don't know for other people, but I was born in 1994 sis. From the Britney/Christina/TRL era, to seeing all those iconic 2000s VMA performances, and going to Perez Hilton everyday and seeing Mischa and Lindsey getting DUIs every other week, I lived through it all... So I was very much conscious of popular culture and going to clubs by then lol

I agree that 2010/11/12 was definitely the peak, but what made the end of 2013 so great for me was that all those big names released so close to each other, had great singles, gave us great award show interactions, messy rollouts and felt that everyone was checking for them. imo it's the only time big releases aligned so closely

Blahwhatever22

2010-2011 was way better. All the pop girls were releasing amazing albums at that time and getting hit after hit. BTW, LOUD, Teenage Dream ect. It was a great time for pop music.

tumblr_lr2v6vNTSO1qbh9xao1_500.png

Inferno
6 minutes ago, Spock said:

I don't know for other people, but I was born in 1994 sis. From the Britney/Christina/TRL era, to seeing all those iconic 2000s VMA performances, and going to Perez Hilton everyday and seeing Mischa and Lindsey getting DUIs every other week, I lived through it all... So I was very much conscious of popular culture and going to clubs by then lol

I agree that 2010/11/12 was definitely the peak, but what made the end of 2013 so great for me was that all those big names released so close to each other, had great singles, gave us great award show interactions, messy rollouts and felt that everyone was checking for them. imo it's the only time big releases aligned so closely

But then you were around for the domination of all the main girls who also released near eachother and gave us endless award show interactions and people actually checking for them a la Rih/Katy/Nicki/Bey/Kesha/Gaga-era. The thought of a time when Rihanna actually made music and did interviews etc. Wild. And at least then, the electronic music era still felt new and exciting. 2013 was crowded but the air surrounding it all felt more like...idk...vicious and messy. But yeah I guess if messy is something youre desiring.. lol

Obviously, this is all my opinion though, im not stating it as fact. Im just stating my point of view. Me bringing up age wasn't meant to be condescending so much as my own theory as to why I see so many young people on this forum kind of romanticize an era that felt like the end honestly lol clearly were in the same age boat and you still prefer 2013. but just sayin.

12 minutes ago, Inferno said:

But then you were around for the domination of all the main girls who also released near eachother and gave us endless award show interactions and people actually checking for them a la Rih/Katy/Nicki/Bey/Kesha/Gaga-era. The thought of a time when Rihanna actually made music and did interviews etc. Wild. And at least then, the electronic music era still felt new and exciting. 2013 was crowded but the air surrounding it all felt more like...idk...vicious and messy. But yeah I guess if messy is something youre desiring.. lol

Obviously, this is all my opinion though, im not stating it as fact. Im just stating my point of view. Me bringing up age wasn't meant to be condescending so much as my own theory as to why I see so many young people on this forum kind of romanticize an era that felt like the end honestly lol clearly were in the same age boat and you still prefer 2013. but just sayin.

Yeah, which is why i said of the decade. Of course the 2000s were much better and nothing will ever come close to it. I’m not saying it was THE best period of all time, but to me, having 5 major albums released in a two month period made it special and felt like a mini throwback to the old days :oops:

Inferno
3 minutes ago, Spock said:

Yeah, which is why i said of the decade. Of course the 2000s were much better and nothing will ever come close to it. I’m not saying it was THE best period of all time, but to me, having 5 major albums released in a two month period made it special and felt like a mini throwback to the old days :oops:

But 2010/2011 is this decade homie :awkney: lol

I mean anyway, I enjoyed Mileys little moment as tacky and cringeworthy as it often was. I prefer that to the malaise and seriousness of present day pop.

6 minutes ago, Inferno said:

But 2010/2011 is this decade homie :awkney: lol

I mean anyway, I enjoyed Mileys little moment as tacky and cringeworthy as it often was. I prefer that to the malaise and seriousness of present day pop.

Ok

Archived