đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lady gagas biggest career mistakes or misteps

RenegAde

Featured Posts

1. Releasing Judas. I know a lot of people like that song but it was the beginning of her fall as the biggest popstar in the planet. If she had released TEOG as a second single it would have probably gone to number one. 

2. Acting like she’s superior to her peers because she’s a real artist and others are not. We all know Gaga is different from your average popstar, but no one likes that attitude. It turned a lot of people off and they started rooting against her. 

3. ARTPOP’s concept. If she named ARTPOP any other name and dropped the whole art teacher vibe I bet the era wouldn’t have underperformed as much. Do What U Want could have been top 10 and possibly top 5.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

That's really sweet. I have a Meet & Greet with her this December and will do just that. :heart:

So happy you will meet her.  :party:

It occurs to me that several times in the past, fans on GGD, LM, and elsewhere have produced projects to express love to Gaga.  One of my favorites is a 2015 project from Russian fans for Gaga's birthday.  Gaga teaches and spreads kindness through her own example of being a kind person.  So the words in this video "and most importantly, stay always so kind" would have moved her deeply.  Those words express that her message of kindness is getting through to people, and people like it and want her to continue.  As the person said in Russian, it's the most important thing.  :heart:

I live outside the space time continuum.

RenegAde

People would really prefare gaga to be just like any other artist and conform just so she can sell a few more copies and get some shitty no 1 s when she's already one of the most successful of our time are just  really confusing ,,when it comes to opinions like that i get disappointed cuz it shows that little monsters might actually be gagas biggest mistake 

RenegAde
1 hour ago, Noir said:

- Not releasing some major singles (Starstruck, Monster, DITD, Scheisse, Gypsy, DIC, ARUTW). Also not completely her fault, but I don't know any other singer with so many hidden gems and viable hits just left on albums.

- The Jo Calderone thing always makes me cringe, I know a lot of ya'll love it but I legit block the 2011 VMA's out of my mind. So cringe. 

- R.Kelly on DWUW. How she (or nobody in her team) didn't think this would end in flames, given his past allegations is insane to me. Anyone could've been better, so many artists. I think this is perhaps her biggest mistake. Although I am glad she apologised, I just wish it came sooner. 

- The ARTPOP App (although Troy's fault). 

- Having J&D on ARTPOP but not Brooklyn Nights, Partynauseous & Princess Die. 

This are the only things, I ever think about that annoys me really. If anything, she's done a lot of **** that I'm very proud of and grateful for.

She literally apologized in 2014 but go off...and no caldorone is one of her greatest moments Christ some of us really need some creative juice 

BlingNotTheMusic
3 hours ago, RenegAde2888 said:

Some of these things are things you don't just like... the question is mistake and misteps :huntyga:

When is not releasing new music not a mistake or misstep?

RenegAde
2 minutes ago, AHippieIsBorn said:

When is not releasing new music not a mistake or misstep?

New music needs to be worked on ,we don't want her buying songs just for hits like her peers do and you should appreciate that she tries to be authentic 

RenegAde
2 minutes ago, Oshawott said:

When she stopped working with RedOne. :saladga:

I can see this 

BlingNotTheMusic
1 minute ago, RenegAde2888 said:

New music needs to be worked on ,we don't want her buying songs just for hits like her peers do and you should appreciate that she tries to be authentic 

You're missing the point sis. Anyways we all know Gaga is a perfectionist and it gets in the way of her projects and releases. She makes it so hard to stan sometimes. 

I think the single choices for BTW were the biggest misstep. Sales wise, it did amazing and she was still on top of her game, there’s no denying that but I think the single choices held her from her fullest potential at the time. There were so many songs that deserved video treatments and airplay over what was chosen and as a fan from the beginning, that will always be one of the most frustrating times. Honestly MTN should have been the lead single and that’s all I’m going to say on that!!!!  

12 hours ago, Gam said:

Oh true, everything but Applause

This! Everything  but Applause. That video is fire and it was a good start. Sadly... it went downhill after that. 

PartySick
13 hours ago, JFK said:

When she misstepped the step on BTW tour and broke her hip.

I don't think it was a single misstep, more like she was ignoring the pain and not taking proper care of herself.

I mean...if she didn't break her hip then we wouldn't have great songs like Applause and Dope but I'd gladly sacrifice them if it meant she would have said "hey, y'all, I think I need to rest a bit :poot:" instead of continuing to push so hard.

ARTPOP would have been entirely different :oprah:

OT: I think the indecision in the ARTPOP era was a huge mistake. The music was great, the concepy was epic, but the execution was just...bad...

Idk how the industry works so I won't blame her or anyone in particular but she should have stuck with Aura for the lead (ecause that's what she wanted), Venus for the second, Dope as a promo, then the album, Do What U Want (without R. Kelly but with a video) as the third, then either G.U.Y. or...idk, Sexxx Dreams or Gypsy to top off the era during/near the end of the artRAVE.

It had so much potential :giveup: but C2C, AHS, 2015, Joanne, SBHTS, and ASIB deff made up for it :diane:

đź–¤

Economy
2 hours ago, Bio said:

1. Releasing Judas. I know a lot of people like that song but it was the beginning of her fall as the biggest popstar in the planet. If she had released TEOG as a second single it would have probably gone to number one. 

2. Acting like she’s superior to her peers because she’s a real artist and others are not. We all know Gaga is different from your average popstar, but no one likes that attitude. It turned a lot of people off and they started rooting against her. 

3. ARTPOP’s concept. If she named ARTPOP any other name and dropped the whole art teacher vibe I bet the era wouldn’t have underperformed as much. Do What U Want could have been top 10 and possibly top 5.

I get annoyed with #2 as well. Comes across very conceited and arrogant even if it is partly true

Archived