Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gypsy is a Flawless song

Pop Music

Featured Posts

Pop Music
1 minute ago, derpmonster said:

You know it's one of the few Gaga songs with a linear storyline and progression which is what also makes it great. It's almost a Taylor Swift song lyrically. 

maybe that's why I love it so much???? Never thought about it but Taylor could of made gypsy (couldn't have done as well vocally with it) but would still be stunning. 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
derpmonster

This song is special to me because my boyfriend moved away for a job. Cause he's a wandering man, he said to me. He had the whole world in front of him. 

And I said, I don't wanna be alone forever but I can be tonight (tonight refers to the duration this job goes on and school ends for me so we can be together). 

I'm from a different country and before coming here, I "left everyone I love at home". :)

Even if we're apart in the short term, we're gonna bust the rear view and fire up the jets cause we know we're gonna be together. Baby, for life. 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

seashellplay
2 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Up until two years ago, it wasn't considered a slur at all in the US and many don't realize it's a slur even today. It was very common as a descriptor for songs, clothes, book titles, etc. There was a bit of a media story in the U S because two celebrities, I think it was Mark Ruffalo and Elizabeth Olsen for Avengers, used the word on a British talk show and the host had to explain it was considered inappropriate...and so more people know nowadays since the news talked about it.

I think Gaga's more aware now because she hasn't played it at Enigma or Joanne. It's a shame she didn't use a different word, like nomad or traveler, since it's a great song.

I think the lack of ARTPOP songs can be attributed to her just not fitting rlly with that kind of Gaga (HighGa)- Though Nomad and Traveler might not sound as pleasant to the ear 

2 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Up until two years ago, it wasn't considered a slur at all in the US and many don't realize it's a slur even today. It was very common as a descriptor for songs, clothes, book titles, etc. There was a bit of a media story in the U S because two celebrities, I think it was Mark Ruffalo and Elizabeth Olsen for Avengers, used the word on a British talk show and the host had to explain it was considered inappropriate...and so more people know nowadays since the news talked about it.

I think Gaga's more aware now because she hasn't played it at Enigma or Joanne. It's a shame she didn't use a different word, like nomad or traveler, since it's a great song.

Yup. It's sad because it's a beautiful song. She says it soooo many times in that song. 🤡🤣😂

12 minutes ago, IHE said:

Gypsy is a slur. 

How is Gypsy a slur?

2School4Cool

It’s for sure one of my top 2 Gaga songs, a literal masterpiece and has been one of my favorites since that first acoustic performance. It deserves to be more of a fan favorite, it’s literal perfection.

See The Best In Everyone

Pop Music
Just now, 2School4Cool said:

It’s for sure one of my top 2 Gaga songs, a literal masterpiece and has been one of my favorites since that first acoustic performance. It deserves to be more of a fan favorite, it’s literal perfection.

you are always serving taste 

Davian

It’s my second fave Gaga song!:kara: Can’t describe how much I love it ugh.

And same with the performance in Germany, breathtaking:sara:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

2School4Cool
Just now, Haus Swiftie said:

you are always serving taste 

Thank You Very Much GIF by HiSmileTeeth

See The Best In Everyone

seashellplay

Gypsy is literally such a Sagittarius song  like all of the ARTPOP songs coordinate with a zodiac isso fweaky :icega: g.u.y is a cancer anthem           and aquarius is so ARTPOP.....l

miss you GIF:ohwell:

Pop Music
Just now, SeashellGangsta said:

Gypsy is literally such a Sagittarius song  like all of the ARTPOP songs coordinate with a zodiac isso fweaky :icega: g.u.y is a cancer anthem           and aquarius is so ARTPOP.....l

miss you GIF:ohwell:

what is pisces 

S0436

It’s a shame she would be criticized by the PC brigade for singing it.  When in fact she is romanticizing the word and concept.   

Pamelaisley

Every time I try to pick a new favorite song, I just can't because this song is my most favorite. 

It's weird to think that I didn't like it that much when she played it in Germany. When I saw her for the first time at artRAVE, i was already crying when she was walking to the piano because I knew it was coming. The chorus kicked up and the tears flowed even more. I had to leave before the song ended because I had to go to the bathroom and my brother didn't want to get stuck in traffic. :( I just kept turning around to look at her as we walked out the door. Luckily, my mom got tickets to go to another show 2 months later and we stayed for the entire thing! 

I wrote the same lyrics that you have on your pillow on my wall at my old house. They're probably still there. :heart:

the moon lights her way 🌖🦇

52 minutes ago, IHE said:

Gypsy is a slur. 

The use of the word may have been unfortunate, but Gaga in no way intended to offend anyone.   Gaga truly is the person who is determined to build people up, not tear them down. 

I live outside the space time continuum.

I swear nobody actually understands the context of gypsy being a slur.

It is not a slur to use the word gypsy, they are a people who live in many areas of the world like the gitanos in spain, tigan in romania, etc. and many of them are proud of their culture and heritage as nomadic people and identify as gypsies. 

However, this does not mean any nomad is a gypsy hence when gypsy actually becomes a slur is when calling someone  who does not call themselves a gypsy a gypsy as then it is meant derogatorily.

Gaga using the word gypsy simply is just not offensive to anyone but white people who  think they know more about other cultures than they know about themselves.

edit: This is really dumb and insensitive I apologize for this, literally idk why I thought like this.

Archived