[Insert Album] Was Ahead of It's Time

Davian

Featured Posts

Davian
7 hours ago, Teal Ambition said:

Everyone else is Just A Fool.mp3 for not appreciating this album :huntyga:

Reveal hidden contents

okay let me Shut Up.mp3 now :messga:

Ikr! We should Light Up the Sky.mp3 by blessing everyone all Around the World.mp3 with the greatness that is Lotus:trollga:

And if they don’t appreciate it, they can spin around in Circles.mp3 on my middle middle finger:music:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Davian
1 hour ago, Anveeroy said:

Queen by Nicki Minaj :ally:

Is it?:ally:

Spoiler

And respond to my Liberation megarate tag bish:ally:

Battle 4 Ur Life
17 hours ago, Davian said:

Tbh never heard those, I will check them out!:vegas:

you should def do! I’d recommend you listen to it front to back. Everything To Feel Something is my fave.

I’d say Sheezus is also ahead of its time so maybe you should check that one out too even tho I prefer No Shame cause it’s so mature and out-of-the-box. 

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Saint Gaga

Sweetener was so ahead of its time.I couldn't really appreciate its greatness until Thank U next came out

StrawberryBlond

I genuinely think if we're talking about any of Xtina's albums being ahead of its time, it's her very own Stripped. Her raunchy image back then was truly shocking to everyone and I still find those looks shocking today. I couldn't even see a mainstream popstar creating such a hardcore video like Dirrty being shot in a warehouse and rolling around in mud and giving glimpses up their skirt. It's crazy to think that Dirrty couldn't even crack the US top 40. If it had been released a few years later, when hip hop really took off, it could've smashed. Even today, that track still sounds as crazy and shocking as when it came out 17 years ago. It was the first time a popstar created an album that involved a lot of emotion and "this is me" kinda tracks that cut to the bone and weren't superficial stuff dreamed up by a studio. Christina wrote this album and put her heart and soul into it. I don't think it's any coincidence that many more introspective pop albums followed from other singers after that.

JusKeepBreathin

Erotica, Janet., Body Talk, Fever, Body Language

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Davian
3 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I genuinely think if we're talking about any of Xtina's albums being ahead of its time, it's her very own Stripped. Her raunchy image back then was truly shocking to everyone and I still find those looks shocking today. I couldn't even see a mainstream popstar creating such a hardcore video like Dirrty being shot in a warehouse and rolling around in mud and giving glimpses up their skirt. It's crazy to think that Dirrty couldn't even crack the US top 40. If it had been released a few years later, when hip hop really took off, it could've smashed. Even today, that track still sounds as crazy and shocking as when it came out 17 years ago. It was the first time a popstar created an album that involved a lot of emotion and "this is me" kinda tracks that cut to the bone and weren't superficial stuff dreamed up by a studio. Christina wrote this album and put her heart and soul into it. I don't think it's any coincidence that many more introspective pop albums followed from other singers after that.

Beautifully said, couldn’t agree more:heart::golfclap:

The transition from cute innocent teen star was huge and it still baffles me. Sure, people thought Genie in a Bottle was a little naughty at the time, but Dirrty was 10 steps further. 

Archived