đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Hair Appreciation Thread

shame

Featured Posts

On 8/21/2019 at 1:07 PM, Miel said:

Love the song. It makes me feel so vulnerable and powerful, because it came out when I was so young and needed an anthem like it. I know it gets a lot of flack for being cheesy, and in hindsight it is incredibly cheesy- but, that sort of incredibly passionate and un-ironic youthful energy of the song is so uplifting.

Also, as somebody who grew up in a household that held microaggressions against my hair (curlier hair is often mocked in my mother's side of the family via generations of anti-indigeneity), the song means a lot to me.

Lmao oops for the late reply...

I agree 100%. Also, I feel like it was intentionally meant to be cheesy at times as it can be very reflective of that angsty and chaotic part of being a teen who doesn't know where they belong yet. "I just wanna be free, I just wanna be me, and I want lots of friends that invite me to their parties" comes off as as a desperate cry for acceptance and is more sad than cheesy imo.

As for the hair part, I relate to some degree as my parents are very traditional and have a very strict idea that short hair is meant for boys and long hair is for girls. If I ever try to let my hair grow out close to the shoulder, I get scolded and ridiculed by my parents until I get it buzzcut. Sometimes, I even put a pillowcase on my head just to feel what it's like to have long hair lol :sweat:. The song means so much to me too.

angels forever, forever angels

Franch Toast

I think "Hair" is a better anthem of self-acceptance than "Born This Way," though I prefer the live versions on the piano – the album version feels cheesy and dated to me. Her vocals are so good in the piano version. 

This version is so good:

She/Her/Hers

Archived