💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Hair Appreciation Thread

shame

Featured Posts

shame

it is currently 3am over here and I am re-listening to the whole BTW album and crying to Hair, Gaga's most iconic song about self-liberation and individuality.

idk why it always makes me emotional, could be because I'm sleep deprived, but this song always makes me feel vulnerable and regret my repressed years in high school.

share your stories and favourite memories of this song / album, ladies. and don't forget to always express yourself, no matter who says sh!t.

giphy.gif

angels forever, forever angels

CautiousLurker

I thought we were just gonna talk about hair and different hair styles and such

My mistake :bradley:

Spoiler

I'm balding anyway, so it would have just made me more miserable :bradley:

The anthemic chorus :giveup: 

The catchiness :giveup: 

The only bad thing is he stupid post-chorus "ha-ha-a-a-a-air", it sounds cheap and the song could do without it. Otherwise, it is SUCH a stadium banger!!!

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

shame
26 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

I thought we were just gonna talk about hair and different hair styles and such

My mistake :bradley:

Hide contents

I'm balding anyway, so it would have just made me more miserable :bradley:

You’re beautiful regardless with hair or without. Think of the title as only a metaphor then, babe. Like how hair can be in any style, we can choose to be whatever we want, express ourselves however we want. My hair could mean anything. :bradley:

shame
41 minutes ago, Notget said:

It's better than Highway Unicorn at least :ally:

That’s actually one of my fav tracks off the album nnnnn 

run run with her  t i t :gaycat:

AJRocketMan

I love this song. It’s unfortunate that she didn’t sing the dance version until the 2013 leg of the BTWB and instead gave fans two years of a crappy piano version. 😒 And then when she finally sang it she skipped out the best part of the song!! And she did the same thing with Americano. This song deserved to be a single more than Marry the Night tbh.

Curunir
8 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

I love this song. It’s unfortunate that she didn’t sing the dance version until the 2013 leg of the BTWB and instead gave fans two years of a crappy piano version. 😒 And then when she finally sang it she skipped out the best part of the song!! And she did the same thing with Americano. This song deserved to be a single more than Marry the Night tbh.

Lowkey tea but not here for the piano version hate :neyde:

RudraCNG

I love the way it grows from a ballad to a dance song. One of my favorites from BTW and I live for that choreo at the BTWB.

Letmelivemylife

Hair will always have a special place in my heart ♥️ I went to a catholic school in junior high and it was a daily fight with authority figures at school because I refused to wear the school issued white socks and wore purple socks instead. They weren't just socks to me. It was the one way I could express myself while wearing the school issued uniform. They were my hair ♥️

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

CautiousLurker
8 hours ago, TheShameMonster said:

You’re beautiful regardless with hair or without. Think of the title as only a metaphor then, babe. Like how hair can be in any style, we can choose to be whatever we want, express ourselves however we want. My hair could mean anything. :bradley:

But what does it mean when you have no hair :bradley:
The only way to make it work is to shave it, but then I'll look like a skinhead... Time to go to trump rallies I guess :bradley:

Spoiler

This is how they get you :wtfga:

Love the song. It makes me feel so vulnerable and powerful, because it came out when I was so young and needed an anthem like it. I know it gets a lot of flack for being cheesy, and in hindsight it is incredibly cheesy- but, that sort of incredibly passionate and un-ironic youthful energy of the song is so uplifting.

Also, as somebody who grew up in a household that held microaggressions against my hair (curlier hair is often mocked in my mother's side of the family via generations of anti-indigeneity), the song means a lot to me.

3 points in and ready for more

JustJames

“Hair” was the only BTW track that allowed you to breathe. The smashes of the album were almost too good- all intense, danceable, yet heavy and somewhat exhausting. The flip side of those were the controversial religious-themed songs that came with baggage from the start. 

“Hair” as a second single would’ve been a pallet cleanser IMO. Just as the GP was starting to get tired of bombastic dance numbers and her “antics,” releasing “Judas” was a horrible move. Heavy, redundant, unrelatable, and divisive. 

“Hair,” similar to what SHICD could’ve done, would’ve shown that LGs message extended beyond the gays- BTW as an era was about self acceptance for everyone. It would’ve silenced the growing sentiment that she took herself too seriously or that shock overshadowed talent. As the ultimate chameleon, a MV and visuals would’ve been amazing And even if it performed similarly to Judas, the fatigue wouldn’t have been as strong and songs like EOG, MTN, and Scheibe would’ve had their chance to hit hard like they deserved. 

Archived