💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lover approaching 1m pre-order

TheCureinMalibu

Featured Posts

PopThatArt

I don't believe any numbers published by media sources. They are too easily fabricated and can be simply manipulated. 

Go see A Star is Born

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilyLark
13 minutes ago, Levine said:

The anticipation of this album is extraordinary

lol how? where? all the  single released prior the album flopped or were a non factor, where is the anticipation?

Call me delusional and stupid but I don't believe in those sales. 

Regular sales for her position in pop music right now would have been 350-400 k

She always sells insane numbers and two #2s aren't flops. Half of twitter loves to dunk on her, but twitter ain't real life—like only 5-7% of the US is on it. Plus, her team is good at business—pretty sure they were doing bundling and other types of options—like they keep hawking that there are four different artwork or something like that, and journals from her, in the albums so a hardcore stan would have to buy four copies of the album to get all of the different options.

Levine
1 minute ago, LilyLark said:

She always sells insane numbers and two #2s aren't flops. Half of twitter loves to dunk on her, but twitter ain't real life—like only 5-7% of the US is on it. Plus, her team is good at business—pretty sure they were doing bundling and other types of options—like they keep hawking that there are four different artwork or something like that, and journals from her, in the albums so a hardcore stan would have to buy four copies of the album to get all of the different options.

In this case peaks mean nothing, her songs lasted like two weeks in the top 10. And even then they weren't so big to justify a freaking million copies in the first week.

I agree with the rest tho.

gumzy3000
12 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

How come Taylor sells so well yet Gaga can't hit those same numbers?:madge:

Taylors's music has wide appeal and her wholesome image is very friendly to all sorts of demographics (kids, teens, adults, parents, etc).  Some of these categories are REALLY into buying albums. 

Also, her lyrics are deep but her singles are usually manufactured to be huge hits and this gives her a lot of easy promotion for her albums. And when people actually listen to her albums, they are surprised to hear the non-singles because they are usually very good.

I do think Gaga wants mass appeal but I think she is in it more for the art and to prove a point. Her lyrics are usually a bit more obscure but deep in their own way. Also, her music before was catered to a small demographic (teens, lgbtq, young adults) but that is changing with ASIB. 

trolly troll troll

River

what a clickbait.. add "globally" in the title..:huntyga:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

LilyLark
14 minutes ago, Levine said:

In this case peaks mean nothing, her songs lasted like two weeks in the top 10. And even then they weren't so big to justify a freaking million copies in the first week.

Good point that ME! and You Need to Calm Down didn't have longevity. But I do think twitter sometimes gives us a distorted of how the public views someone and buzz (especially in the entertainment industry) and Taylor is a prime example. Plus, her business skills are good—while I think little monsters are too harsh on Gaga's team, they could take notes from how Taylor's team pushes her music.

yes and

We are waiting for one of the biggest drops on the second week :poot:

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

RAMROD
31 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

How come Taylor sells so well yet Gaga can't hit those same numbers?:madge:

Blame Gagi's entitled "we shouldn't buy music" stans :sis:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Illuminati
3 minutes ago, dancewithnobody said:

That won't change the fact that it will likely go platinum within the first two weeks

RAMROD
4 minutes ago, dancewithnobody said:

You spell that 1-2 cha cha cha lady wrong :flower: 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Saint Gaga
15 minutes ago, Levine said:

She has a huge fanbase,that's why her last 2 singles debuted #2. The only reason why they flopped was because they were bad songs. She's still one of the biggest pop stars on the planet

Saint Gaga
5 minutes ago, dancewithnobody said:

It'll not drop below 100k in its second week, which is 20x bigger than the 2nd week sales of Madonna,Katy & Beyonce.

Illuminati
22 minutes ago, Levine said:

Some of you guys are so stuck up. Gaga has NEVER been as big in the US as Taylor has been her entire career, it's really not that surprising that she consistently gets good sales, it's not like it came out of nowhere.

In response to your earlier comment, yes, you are delusional and stupid if you think those sales aren't real

Archived