Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
society

3 mass shooting plots stopped in the US

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

Three mass shooting plots were thwarted in recent days with the arrests of three men in unrelated cases, authorities in Connecticut, Florida and Ohio said.

Tips from the public aided in the three arrests, which occurred on Thursday and Friday. Police in each case said the men, all white and in their 20s, posted online or sent text messages with threats of committing mass shootings.

Connecticut

Brandon Wagshol, 22, of Norwalk was arrested on four counts of illegal possession of large-capacity magazines, the city's police department said Thursday.

Wagshol was arrested after a joint investigation from Norwalk police and the FBI was opened after federal authorities received a tip that he was allegedly trying to buy high-capacity rifle magazines out of state.

Police said Wagshol purchased rifle parts online to build his own weapon and had posted on Facebook showing "his interest in committing a mass shooting."

When executing a search warrant, police found two guns registered to Wagshol's father, multiple rounds of ammunition, body armor and other tactical equipment, Norwalk police said.

Florida

The Volusia County Sheriff’s Office said Tristan Scott Wix, 25, of Daytona Beach was arrested Friday and charged with making threats to commit a mass shooting.

"A school is a weak target.. id be more likely to open fire on a large crowd of people from over 3 miles away.. I'd wanna break a world record for longest confirmed kill ever," the sheriff's department said Wix texted.

Another text allegedly read: "But a good 100 kills would be nice. I already have a location (laughing cry face emoji) is that bad?"

Ohio

Police arrested James P. Reardon, 20, after receiving a tip about an online video where the man identified himself as the shooter at a Jewish community center – an incident that hadn't happened yet, according to the FBI.

The video post on Instagram tagged the Jewish Community Center of Youngstown from Reardon’s account, police say.

Source: https://www.yahoo.com/news/3-mass-shooting-plots-stopped-121828185.html

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Like 5

Economy

Of course Ohio and Florida are on the list for shootings that were gonna happen :selena:

Edited by Economy
  • Like 1

27monster27

Thank god that these were stopped. Remember, if you see something fishy, always report it! Better to be wrong then sorry.

STAN: Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande, Madonna, Nicki Minaj, Britney Spears, and Froy Gutierrez.
  • Like 5

PartySick

F*cking Florida :fthis: that guy sounds exactly like one of my former employees who tried to join the marines so he could chalk up the most kills and eventually become a government hitman.

Glad they were stopped before anyone got hurt.

Edited by PartySick
I identify as Michael Jackson. My pronouns are he/hee.
  • Like 1

lifeasgeorge

Ariana was so ahead of her time

Ariana-Grande-I-hate-Americans-I-hate-Am

Our government is such a joke and the fact that my cousins, nieces, and nephews are afraid to go to school is not what the new standard should be. I don't get how conservatives can even make the argument that gun reform isn't needed when the US has a substantially high rate of mass shootings :fthis:

• Like 4

Gagz4Gaga

That is DOMESTIC TERRORISM and they are all white Americans but you know what? The Republicans think that Mexicans/Latinos and Muslims are the ones causing chaos.

• Thanks 4

Mr V

They are all 20, 22 and 25. I mean wyd millennials and by extension gen x???! :koons:

Oshawott
2 minutes ago, Gagz4Gaga said:

That is DOMESTIC TERRORISM and they are all white Americans but you know what? The Republicans think that Mexicans/Latinos and Muslims are the ones causing chaos.

You do realize that there are White Mexicans/Latinos and White Muslims?

• LMAO 1

Gagz4Gaga
2 minutes ago, Oshawott said:

You do realize that there are White Mexicans/Latinos and White Muslims?

Oh wow. You don’t say! :awkney:

You didn’t get my point so..

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Karl

All probably all sad nerds that have never had a girlfriend and play Counter Strike all day and watch conspiracy theory videos on YouTube and talk about it on 4Chan. 

Nightwing

And to think about how many instances like this go unreported. It's a scary thought.

Thankfully these "men" were caught and arrested.