Stefani Tee
politics

Only One Democratic Frontrunner Has Zero Billionaire Contributors

Featured Posts

HybridAT
11 minutes ago, HorusRa2 said:

The fighting gets old and causes both sides to dig our heels deeper into our camps. At the end of the primary, assuming Bernie is the nominee, I want you to be enthusiastic to vote for a Bernie and not stay at home. I don’t have any issues with any candidate on a personal level; however, I want our nominee to be as genuinely progressive as possible because I believe only a unified party under a populist left agenda is capable of winning back the senate and beating Trump. 

Also saw saw the other posts about Bernie’s fund transfers and wanted to add that other candidates did the same (Warren, Gillibrand & Klobuchar for sure, maybe others). 

Why would I? I've said it before and I'll say it again, whoever is the nominee has my full support. I totally respect Bernie for the work he's done over the years even if I don't support the far-left progressive agenda. That being said, I'll support my candidate of choice until it's possible.

My point of mentioning that was that Pete is literally the least rich candidate running in the race while other senators and governors, like @Ziggy fairly mentioned, have war chests filled coupled with high name recognition. He has had to work on both fronts from literal scratch. It's extremely important for him to get every dollar that he can regardless of the source so he can build a steady ground organization in primary states if he wants to win. And as long as he can make policies for the middle class Americans that put their issues front and center, the elitist candidate argument is out of the window. All I'm saying is everyone needs to see the full picture before pointing fingers at each other.

Edited by HybridAT

OG Gaga Stan
2 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

And we love that! At least we aren’t polling at 0% like many others! 

Their post literally doesn't even make any sense. Sanders coming in second in every major poll in a field of dozens of candidates is a bad thing now?  :flop: Biden's only polling around 25%-30%. And what? He's winning. :air: Plus, Sanders has consistently polled around 20% over the course of the entire primary when you look at the aggregate of polls, so their numbers weren't even accurate. :rip:

These people have worms in their brains, I swear to god... :saladga:

• Thanks 3

Lilmonzter

Good on Bernie a purely grassroots movement:party::vegas:

Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2

Morphine Prince
3 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

Their post literally doesn't even make any sense. Sanders coming in second in every major poll in a field of dozens of candidates is a bad thing now?  :flop: Biden's only polling around 25%-30%. And what? He's winning. :air: Plus, Sanders has consistently polled around 20% over the course of the entire primary when you look at the aggregate of polls, so their numbers weren't even accurate. :rip:

These people have worms in their brains, I swear to god... :saladga:

Not to mention how Bernie has completely transformed the overall rhetoric of the Democratic platform. 

Some of these people sound like Bernie clones at times because they are desperate to get all voters and not just the moderate Democrats  and are still polling at 0%. 

Isn’t weird how they all want that 15%? Hmm. It’s almost as if they’re very important to win an election. 

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

HorusRa2
4 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

Why would I? I've said it before and I'll say it again, whoever is the nominee has my full support. I totally respect Bernie for the work he's done over the years even if I don't support the far-left progressive agenda. That being said, I'll support my candidate of choice until it's possible.

My point of mentioning that was that Pete is literally the least rich candidate running in the race while other senators and governors, like @Ziggy fairly mentioned, have war chests filled. All I'm saying is everyone needs to see the full picture before pointing fingers at each other.

Oh, you misunderstand. I’m saying the fighting is tiring and I’d rather fight less because I would hate for that to cause you to sit out voting if Bernie’s the nominee. :-) 

One thing I would say about Pete is while he’s doing well in individual donors (over 400K) his best support is in Indiana and Midwest states. So many of those areas vote later so he’s gonna have to do something to get more support in the early states so he can make it until then. I’d also say while he’s generated a lot of cash, he needs to stop focusing on those big fundraisers with rich donors. They donate a lot of money but isn’t a sustainable model for future cashflow. Example: to be competitive in California as an example, you’re going to need 20-30 million for an ad campaign. That right there makes up all the cash he collected in the past quarter alone. 

My anecdotal prediction is that Pete will do best in Iowa, decent in NH but unless things change I really don’t see his campaign keeping momentum once he hits Nevada and SC. Bernie and Biden currently have the AA and Latinx communities largely on their side. It’s the same for Liz who really needs to connect with the AS community and assure them she understands black issues and will address their needs specifically. 

PartySick
2 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Not to mention how Bernie has completely transformed the overall rhetoric of the Democratic platform. 

Some of these people sound like Bernie clones at times because they are desperate to get all voters and not just the moderate Democrats  and are still polling at 0%. 

Isn’t weird how they all want that 15%? Hmm. It’s almost as if they’re very important to win an election. 

With the little faith I have in Bernie's possible legislative effectiveness as president, there is absolutely no denying his influence will be all over Dem/liberal politicians and voters for years :applause:

Bernie, Warren, or Pete. Any one of them would be a good leader imo so as long as one of them gets the nomination I'm happy. And as long as there's a Democrat in office next, I'll be content at worst.

This chicken is lovely, Karen. Please let go of my arm.
  • YAAAS 1

Morphine Prince
3 minutes ago, PartySick said:

With the little faith I have in Bernie's possible legislative effectiveness as president, there is absolutely no denying his influence will be all over Dem/liberal politicians and voters for years :applause:

Bernie, Warren, or Pete. Any one of them would be a good leader imo so as long as one of them gets the nomination I'm happy. And as long as there's a Democrat in office next, I'll be content at worst.

They hate him because of his influence. Notice how whenever the Sanders supporters here criticize candidates it’s overwhelmingly due to their policies and records. 

Sanders haters seem to purely hate him over petty personal reasons. 

I don’t HATE any candidate in the Dem race. Several of them would make great presidents overall. But the fact of the matter is Sanders is my preferred candidate and idgaf who is mad over it. I will voting for him next March whether he be polling at 15% or 0%. 

• Thanks 2

Lion Heart

Mayor Pete Buttigieg in front of the rest of the field with 23 billionaire donors to date.

:lmao: 

HorusRa2
3 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

They hate him because of his influence. Notice how whenever the Sanders supporters here criticize candidates it’s overwhelmingly due to their policies and records. 

Sanders haters seem to purely hate him over petty personal reasons. 

I don’t HATE any candidate in the Dem race. Several of them would make great presidents overall. But the fact of the matter is Sanders is my preferred candidate and idgaf who is mad over it. I will voting for him next March whether he be polling at 15% or 0%. 

People should also maintain that criticism to a candidate doesn’t mean that the candidate s/b cancelled. Only when a politician continues to ignore his or her constituents or the American people should they be dragged. It’s okay to be wrong on an issue and evolve as long as it’s authentic and you don’t flip flop. Bernie as an example has gotten better at speaking to and ensuring his policies help address AA issues. While he’s still not perfect (hello reparations) he has still improved from where he was 3 years ago and he did this by surrounding himself with people from AA community and listening to them. 

• Thanks 2

LaLuna
2 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Reminds me of this

aVO9eKv_700b.jpg

I laughed way too hard at this :sharon:

"Social media is the toilet of the Internet"
  • LMAO 1

RoverLoader
1 hour ago, Marilyn MonHoe said:

Unlike you I don’t care about how old someone is or the color of their skin. I care about their policies and their record, and Bernie has one of the best records of any politician.

Funny how you don’t care about American politics yet you always end up on these threads :coffee:

You have more in common with Trumpettes than you think. Where do you get the impression I don't care about American politics? Another lie.  It was commentary on the irony of the situation but I'm not surprised it went over your head. What you don't know could fill a warehouse.

Edited by RoverLoader
  • LMAO 1

imnotyourbabe10

Bernie is truly ARTPOP in politics :diane:

giphy.gif

Or "message, not the bling" (?)

Anyway, Bernie/and/or Warren 2020!! :firega:

GGD is relatively woke -- so is America.  Get that consistency with our man Bernie!  Grassroots revolution for the win!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

RoverLoader
1 hour ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

It's almost as if there are people that vote based on policy and ideological consistency rather than identity? :saladga:

And erasing Sanders' Jewish identity isn't woke. :selena: You really thought you got in a good drag there, huh? :selena:

Oh that is HILARIOUS. If the republicans put up an 80 year old white guy as a successor to Trump, you'd be the first to cry about them not representing real America. Do you know what also isn't woke? Throwing in "but he's Jewish!!!" as a defense to your support of the old white male patriarchal system. It's like Trump saying he can't be racist because Diamond and SIlk support him lol!

The bottom line is this: there are better, more diverse, more demographically relevant candidates with broadly similar policies than Sanders to choose from. They also don't want to give child molesters and white supremacist mass murderers the right to vote like Sanders does. Your hypocrisy is palpable.:reductive:

• LMAO 1

Morphine Prince
29 minutes ago, RoverLoader said:

You have more in common with Trumpettes than you think. Where do you get the impression I don't care about American politics? Another lie.  It was commentary on the irony of the situation but I'm not surprised it went over your head. What you don't know could fill a warehouse.

“But whatever, I could give less of a **** tbh as it really  doesn't affect me lol. WHoever they are, they won't be MY president” 

Edited by Morphine Prince
  • Thanks 1