Stefani Tee
society

Shooting at a mosque in Norway

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince
41 minutes ago, Oshawott said:

I'm shocked because GGD told me that Europe has extremely strict gun laws, so I wouldn't have expected a shooting like this in Norway. I'm glad that there weren't any casualties however, and I pray that there are no revenge attacks.

It’s because of those gun laws that perhaps this person didn’t have an AR-15 and could slaughter the entire mosque. 

Had this been in the US the entire mosque would have been killed. 

Oh wait, that happened at a WALMART last week. 

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Thanks 6

Whispering
49 minutes ago, Oshawott said:

I'm shocked because GGD told me that Europe has extremely strict gun laws, so I wouldn't have expected a shooting like this in Norway. I'm glad that there weren't any casualties however, and I pray that there are no revenge attacks.

Europe does have strict gun laws, and they work.

In 2017, the United States had 17,284 intentional homicides. In the same year, Norway had 28. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

ladylinners
56 minutes ago, alextruper17 said:

Norway is one country I never thought this would happen

On the 22nd of July 2011 a far-right extremist killed  77 people in Norway. 8 people were killed (more than 209 injured) when the extremist detonated a bomb in Oslo (near the parlament), before he headed to the island of Utøya and killed 69 people (more than 110 injured) who were there attending a social democratic youth camp.

The weapons he used were a Ruger Mini-14 and a Glock 34 pistol. Ruger Mini-14s are only allowed in Sweden if you were issued a license for the weapon before 2010. These have been used for hunting in Sweden but after the terror attack in Norway there has been a large debate about the weapon in Sweden. 

1 hour ago, Oshawott said:

We do have strict gun laws. That's why mass shootings are not frequent. However, shootings do happen. Gang shootings have become a very common thing in Sweden, but casualties (and those involved) are often gang members or have connections to a gang (or criminal activity). 

The largest terrorist attack in Norway took place on the 22nd of July 2011 when a far-right extremist killed 77 people. Most of the casualties were teenagers attending a social democratic youth camp on the island of Utøya.

Oshawott
34 minutes ago, Lion Heart said:

Jesus Christ. 

It was a mosque, not a church. So I think you mean Allah. 

Edited by Oshawott

August3
3 minutes ago, Oshawott said:

It was a mosque, not a church. So I think you mean Allah. 

Well they do believe in Jesus.

ZacharyMark
6 hours ago, Faysalaaa said:

This is hilarious its not possible that you are a real person :bradley:

I know people like you who have so much repressed racism that they project that on everyone to make themselves look like they are not racist. They get too obsessed with the idea that everyone is racist and translate everything to that.

Wow, and yet another useless argument from you.

1. The POINT was saying that you were making excuses saying that this was nothing and that it existed in the past. That is true that violence against Muslims existed before but that doesn’t make this attack anymore different.

2. The racism about Obama IS something that is happening in specific republican circles right now in America. And I was using that as an analogy to point out why your argument of this being a thing in the past is untrue and extremely problematic and misleading.

So go and laugh, again, about race and religious issues. I’m at least giving points instead of you who is literally calling me a fake account and a racist even though everyone on this forum knows you are the racist here. Stop with whataboutisms and get a grip. You aren’t here making any good points and you can’t even take a comment without switching to something it’s not.

ZacharyMark
6 hours ago, Faysalaaa said:

You made a sad comment about the world and I tried to lighten things up by saying we are actually getting better and we need to appreciate that. Yet some people here like @ZacharyMark translate that to me making excuses for terrorists lol

And yes Muslims are the biggest victims of terrorists! they get funded with money and weapons by foreign governments all over the world, and that is used to kill alot of Muslims. Can you imagine if world governments fund the KKK with millions of dollars and weapons?

You can’t even understand the analogy I was making. Thus the comment was completely lost on you. I wasn’t calling you a damn racist in that specific comment... stop trying to twist words.

Faysalaaa
40 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

The POINT was saying that you were making excuses saying that this was nothing and that it existed in the past. That is true that violence against Muslims existed before but that doesn’t make this attack anymore different.

So go and laugh, again, about race and religious issues. I’m at least giving points instead of you who is literally calling me a fake account and a racist even though everyone on this forum knows you are the racist here.

The person I replied to was saying that this world is becoming more and more scary. I tried to lighten things up for them by saying we are actually getting better and we need to appreciate and remember that. This is something normal people say when someone freaks out about world tragedies, yet you twist it into me minimizing or excusing terrorism? If you dont like what I said and think I should consider more the victims, thats fine but you keep freaking out on me! You also need to understand that laughing at you or disagreeing with you does not equal laughing at race and religion. 

37 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

You can’t even understand the analogy I was making. Thus the comment was completely lost on you. I wasn’t calling you a damn racist in that specific comment... stop trying to twist words.

That is true, I did not understand it and I still dont. Weather you did or not, that is always your to go argument. A couple of days ago you accused me of laughing at blacks being lynched, women being raped, LGBTQ being murdered, and then you accused me of being a Nazi confederate! 

You keep disrespecting me for no reason and I never did the same back to you. I am open to you calling me out in an honest argument, but when you attack and demonize people for no reason, you are not accomplishing anything. If you want to continue talking here or in private I have no problem doing this, if you are not interested thats fine too.

Edited by Faysalaaa

Henri Bardot
5 hours ago, Oshawott said:

I mean yes, but the black market exists tho.  There are many countries stricter than others (in Switzerland, there are around 45 guns per 100 people, so yeah, you could say every family has at least one gun), but they have an amazingly good gun education.

It's true most attacks are knife or acid (cof cof UK cof cof), but guns still make it through.

Spoiler

I believe that every person has the right to have a gun (with the proper background checks, training and psychological testing), but not an AR-15.  Those should be banned for civilians. 

Actually most coutries give their citizens the right to have a gun, but not automatics or semi-automatics.

Edited by Henri Bardot
boys don't cry

lego

“We are now no longer talking about one-off events, but a loosely coordinated chain of far-right attacks across the world, where members of these networks inspire – and challenge – each other to beat each others’ body counts,” said Peter Neumann, professor of security studies at King’s College London.

“The ultimate motivation … is to launch a race war. The aim is to carry out attacks, claim responsibility, explain your action, and inspire others to follow.”

Edited by lego
It's not easy love, but you've got friends you can trust
  • Shook 1

Economy
On 8/10/2019 at 1:49 PM, August3 said:

Shootings at mosques are becoming more frequent, no? I can't remember that there used to be so many shootings at mosques.

And in Toronto shootings have surged in recent years

Anyone that denies that terrorism, murders and hate crimes has gone up considerably in the developed world at least is delusional

Society may have improved in a lot of areas but there's a lot of things that have gotten worse too

• Thanks 1

Economy
On 8/10/2019 at 4:12 PM, Whispering said:

Europe does have strict gun laws, and they work.

In 2017, the United States had 17,284 intentional homicides. In the same year, Norway had 28. 

Even adjusting for population that's about 1/8th the rate

Yup its a very big difference indeed for those who say it doesn't work