Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Frank Ocean Was/is Going To Sue Ariana?

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Vitleysingur
1 hour ago, lovedillon said:

He can’t sue her for playing his song during her tour lol just like people can do covers of whatever songs they like without the artist suing them.

No she needs the license from Frank to cover it on her tour because she somehow benefits from performing it. 

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

beaublue
1 hour ago, Vitleysingur said:

No she needs the license from Frank to cover it on her tour because she somehow benefits from performing it. 

But she didn’t record & distribute it though, she sang a cover live. You can’t sue for that. She would need a mechanical license to record & distribute it but not singing it live.

elijahfan

Well, if her and her team thought they were too big to pay Frank royalties, I guess now they know they aren't :lolga:

elijahfan
7 hours ago, lovedillon said:

But she didn’t record & distribute it though, she sang a cover live. You can’t sue for that. She would need a mechanical license to record & distribute it but not singing it live.

I'm under the impression that the segment wasn't a one-off thing and was part of every show on her tour, which makes it problematic. Back when Madonna performed parts of BTW on the MDNA Tour, she had to pay for it.

9 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Madonna had permission from Fernando to sing Born This Way on tour. :selena: This is why Gaga distanced from him.

Well that's a really shetty thing to do. :shocked: 

Not wonder why DJWS doesn't seem to like him, what a fool. :smh:

underneath the pine

Damon
11 hours ago, CautiousLurker said:

Why tho? It's not like she's profiting from it - people are going to see Ariana not because they're hoping she's gonna perform his song :laughga:

Damn, all this time Gaga could have sued Madonna and Katy for performing Born This Way, who knew.mp3 :duck:

lol but that's not how it works, it's not that easy, she got paid to play a set of songs and she chose one which is not of her autorship, she had to ask frank's team or his label to perform it first

... and now i just sit in silence.

CautiousLurker
20 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Madonna had permission from Fernando to sing Born This Way on tour. :selena: This is why Gaga distanced from him.

I greatly dislike Frenando suddenly :neyde:

CautiousLurker
11 hours ago, finneas said:

lol but that's not how it works, it's not that easy

sure it is 

giphy.gif

22 hours ago, lovedillon said:

He can’t sue her for playing his song during her tour lol just like people can do covers of whatever songs they like without the artist suing them.

You're right but @Vitleysingur  is also right. He can't sue her but  only because she almost definitely had performing rights. Popstars and regular musicians alike can cover songs as they wish because most venues have blanket agreements with PROs. Freedom of  karaoke doesn't manifest from thin air! 

21 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

His blessing, perhaps, but she probably just had performing rights from BMI :noparty: a much more boring tale. 

• 2 weeks later...
VillainTina

Can someone update this thread ? She completely started her 2nd leg of the tour and completely scrapped Close To You along with goodnight n go and get well soon:messga:

Queen Of Red M&M's /// Linda Evangelista /// Id Like To Keep It On Please 😶

Archived