💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is Gaga purposely trying to self-sabotage?

plasticalice

Featured Posts

19 hours ago, cruelsummer said:

Oh absolutely. It will be a serve like no other and AOTY nominated, I just know it. But rn she is making me miserableeeeee I-

Then you’re not getting what you want and you should probably stop considering yourself a fan cos it comes off as a bit selfish/rude. I know you don’t care but she does have feelings and her own health to worry about. I know you think her sole job in life is to be your little pop star Barbie that does whatever you want. 

Also love how how you think she could compete with old town road Ariana Taylor and all of them which have been on the radio since shallow went number 1. Like, wtf do you think ISNT here to serve you in this life I wonder. Your entitlement spreads across all aspects, I’m sure of it. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shehidestruelove
3 hours ago, Didymus said:

:madge:

Can this stop pls? You don't have to drag down another artist to defend Gaga. It's vile :wtf: Ariana is also a very hard working pop artist and she worked very hard (a lot more than her first three albums, in fact) on her last two albums :awkney: Just because you don't like it (and your opinion is not shared by professional music critics by the way, so take it down a notch) doesn't mean she's doing a bad job.

The fact that some of you still have the balls to criticize other pop stars for being cookie cutter :ladyhaha: I'm sorry but maybe you need a reality check. You used to stan for a pop star who wore a lobster on her head and called it art. Now she ditched all of that and looks, acts and sounds more cookie cutter than a lot of her peers :lmao: She's never been so standard, radio friendly and culturally conservative. She's selling make-up ffs :air: So enough with the "at least she's not cookie cutter like Ariana" crap. You don't get to play that card anymore.

Lmao you’re clearly not a stan if you make those kind of comments about Gaga. Ariana grande is not a good pop artist. Her discography is incredibly generic and she has no originality. It’s the truth. Gaga is not now and never will be culturally conservative. Have a nice day sweetie!!

Didymus
3 minutes ago, Shehidestruelove said:

Lmao you’re clearly not a stan if you make those kind of comments about Gaga.

There's no harm in being radio friendly though :awkney: Her greatest hits are also radio friendly... I don't know where you read negativity in there. I'm just saying: Gaga, right now, doesn't stand out as a ballsy, original, game-changing, avant-garde artist among her peers, not in a climate where Billie Eilish is reigning :ladyhaha:

Her latest biggest songs have been adult contemporary. And what's wrong with that, I always wanted her to make that kind of music :air: My only point was that it's ridiculous to call out other pop stars for being cookie cutter when Gaga has stripped herself of the thing that made her the opposite of cookie cutter.

With culturally conservative I meant that she's rebranded herself as a respectable singer and musician rather than someone who pushes buttons, says she has a donkey d-ck, deliberately engages in shock art,... all of the stuff from her past that made her controversial. The most controversial thing she's done in years now is sing BTW at the Superbowl :emma:

5 minutes ago, Shehidestruelove said:

Ariana grande is not a good pop artist. Her discography is incredibly generic and she has no originality. It’s the truth.

No, it's your bias :rip: Christ.

Creyk
2 hours ago, Jed said:

Then you’re not getting what you want and you should probably stop considering yourself a fan cos it comes off as a bit selfish/rude. I know you don’t care but she does have feelings and her own health to worry about. I know you think her sole job in life is to be your little pop star Barbie that does whatever you want. 

Hahaha

We have been waiting 6 years for a pop album.

We have been patient enough.

It's not like we are asking for much

Economy

She's terrible at marketing and capitalizing on opportunities for her career... We been knew...

And yeah the makeup doesn't look all that spectacular either. It's just another makeup line

I also want her to release ASAP but I'm done stressing about it. It will come when it comes

Didymus
8 minutes ago, Creyk said:

Hahaha

We have been waiting 3 years for a pop album.

We have been patient enough.

It's not like we are asking for much

:gaycat:

You got plenty of pop with Joanne, don't lie.

PopThatArt
22 hours ago, cruelsummer said:

She is at a new peak in her career with the success of ASIB. We've waited three years for a new album, but if we're being real, six years for an electronic pop album that we actually want. Instead of capitalizing on her power at the moment, she is ruining her reputation that she built the past year with Enigma (the worst show she has ever put on) and Haus Lavatories. Edit: honestly I would rather her do a 30 show stadium tour for LG6 over the course of a year and have long breaks in between dates than deal with Enigma.

Seriously. There is nothing artistic about the makeup. I don't care how the campaign advertises it as being "unique" and "embracing your ugliness." At the end of the day, it is just makeup, the same **** that every other capitalist beauty brand sells. It's not only shallow, but out of brand for Gaga. Not to mention.... THIS is what is delaying LG6??? A failed Fenty beauty knockoff? I have no words.

The best thing about Haus Lavatories is the ICONIC LG6 snippet in the commercial :poot::poot::poot::poot::poot::poot::poot:

Even though LG6 is still coming, I just don't see it.  It's unrealistic. The idea that she will eventually release a new album is just so foreign and complex and scientifically impossible that it confuses my brain. It makes no sense and I don't see it happening. 

And even when it comes out..... you just KNOW the rollout will be a mess. Lead single will be the wrong choice, at max 2 singles, promo will be a cluster****, missed opportunity at VMAs and AMAs, sloppy videos, etc etc...

Rant over i think.

excuse me no. And who the hell said we all want an electronic pop album? I've heard most people say they want more power ballads and rock influenced songs not mainstream pop. 

And...  Songs like Shallow, Always Remember Us This Way, Before I Cry, Diamond Heart, Perfect Illusion and Million Reasons are some of the best of her career. If you can only appreciate trendy music everyone is making instead of something different from Gaga, take a seat. 

And the song in the haus labs promo ain't LG6, its a song called Ozio by Los. 

Go see A Star is Born

Enigma has gotten good reviews and has been hugely successful. Are all those people wrong and only you are right?

And capitalizing off her power right now would have been releasing a followup single to Shallow. And something tells me you wouldn't want that either so...

LMSince2008
22 hours ago, Didymus said:

:awkney:

I mean, I'm all for argumented criticism but :air: What you clearly don't get is that neither Enigma or Haus Laboratories is tarnishing her reputation :oprah: Enigma has got stellar reviews from fans and critics alike and, well, music fans simply don't care about Haus Labs enough to bash it :ladyhaha:

So all that's left is you just having a rant about how you hate what she's doing and I don't think there should be a thread about that :emma:

THIS. BEST REPLY. 

#2018radioisours

brucee

Bowie dis put his face on a credit card. He also had confusing times w money making. This is just star business. 

That doesn't take necessary the artist away.

hello hello baby.

LMSince2008

I see how this site and so-called "Little Monsters" saying bad things and belittle ASIB too before it was released. And then after it was released, all I have heard were praises and how they were left shookt. They easily turned around the table.

PS. Stop talking sh*ts, be patient and HAVE A LIFE. 

#2018radioisours

giskardsb
2 hours ago, Economy said:

She's terrible at marketing and capitalizing on opportunities for her career... We been knew...

Best actress nominations and Oscar for original song say otherwise.  Her popularity is at an all time high.    Clearly she has capitalized extraordinarily on many opportunities. 

The problem is her definition of career is not the same as what her pop fans  think her career should be.

Didymus
1 minute ago, giskardsb said:

Her popularity is at an all time high.

That's not true. People are tuned into her current momentum but that won't automatically translate into people streaming and downloading her next single. She's thrown so much weight onto ASIB that public appeal is specifically directed towards that project but not necessarily towards anything else.

Important thing to remember.

giskardsb
5 minutes ago, Didymus said:

That's not true. People are tuned into her current momentum but that won't automatically translate into people streaming and downloading her next single. She's thrown so much weight onto ASIB that public appeal is specifically directed towards that project but not necessarily towards anything else.

Important thing to remember.

This is defining her "popularity" as being defined by  pop music standards though,  Her career is no longer limited to that niche.   In the general zeitgeist of entertainment figure popularity, my contention is she is more popular than ever.   We don't know yet if that will translate directly into single sales, but she may not even care if she rules that world anymore from a numbers standpoint.   Since ARTPOP she has been driving her own direction towards her own personal growth more than commercial viability.    I doubt she feels the need to attempt to be HBIC pop star anymore.

For her right now, "capitalizing" on her current position may have less to do with Music and more to do with Acting, theater, her makeup business, or other behind the scenes stuff we have no knowledge about.   Many here seem to think she is lazy and unmotivated if she isn't putting all her eggs in the pop music basket, but clearly pop music is only one facet of her career now, and maybe not even the most important one to her.

Didymus
2 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

This is defining her "popularity" as being defined by  pop music standards though,  Her career is no longer limited to that niche.   In the general zeitgeist of entertainment figure popularity, my contention is she is more popular than ever.   We don't know yet if that will translate directly into single sales, but she may not even care if she rules that world anymore from a numbers standpoint.   Since ARTPOP she has been driving her own direction towards her own personal growth more than commercial viability.    I doubt she feels the need to attempt to be HBIC pop star anymore.

For her right now, "capitalizing" on her current position may have less to do with Music and more to do with Acting, theater, her makeup business, or other behind the scenes stuff we have no knowledge about.   Many here seem to think she is lazy and unmotivated if she isn't putting all her eggs in the pop music basket, but clearly pop music is only one facet of her career now, and maybe not even the most important one to her.

Points were made :applause:

Archived