💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

The Lion King - Spirit, why?!

Ghost Face

Featured Posts

Ghost Face

I just saw The Lion King  and first of all I have to say that I really, really loved it!

I cried, I laughed, I sang. It's without doubt worth watching!

Beyonce's voice acting was okay, nothing groundbreaking but I won't call it bad. All the others did a really great job! (Tho I liked the original voice of Scar more).

Timon and Pumba deserve a special shout out, they are the highlight of the movie!

There is just only one thing that really took me out of the movie and where they lost me: Spirit.. It just makes no sense and doesn't fit in the story at all. It's just not in line / in style with all the other songs. Why did they have to replace one of the most iconic Lion King instrumentals for a song with an over use of  Beyconce's adlibs? I don't get it. Almost everyone in the public laughed and talked (bad) about Spirit during and after that scene. 

Besides that I would say that it's a worth watch 'remake'

:pawsup:

It's an honor.

Borislshere

aren't y'all tired?

this is like the 10th bey hate thread within this past week. 

Enzo

no negativity on this site thank u

7ff14ba747c8788dbae474cf52c0545f.jpg

툭 êčŒëłŽë©Ž ì–Žêč€ì—†ìŽ ì†ŒëŠŹì§ˆëŸŹì™€

CautiousLurker
5 minutes ago, RoughLove said:

Why did they have to replace one of the most iconic Lion King instrumentals for a song with an over use of  Beyconce's adlibs?

alextruper17
1 minute ago, Enzo said:

no negativity on this site thank u

7ff14ba747c8788dbae474cf52c0545f.jpg

I love Tyra SĂĄnchez look

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

2School4Cool

I saw the movie and was so thoroughly impressed. The animation was incredible, and I love that they kept it true to the original story. The entire thing was a masterpiece. I can understand where you’re coming from, but I really enjoy the song and think it fits well. I also think BeyoncĂ© was a great choice to play Nala, but of course that’s my opinion :) 

See The Best In Everyone

Didymus

Well, they did it because they were afraid of the public calling them out for making a shot-for-shot remake with an identical soundtrack :emma: The makers of this film were doomed from the start when Disney's execs decided to remake this film for nothing but profit: if they deviated from the original too much, they'd get bashed. But then again: if they didn't bring anything new to the table, they'd also get bashed.

The middle road is sticking this song in, a move which is going to get criticized by some (I've seen most critics praise its placement though, but ok) but will also hypnotize people into thinking this movie is different from the original and has a reason to exist :smh:

I haven't seen the film but I also find it an extremely odd song to place in the middle of that movie. It doesn't make sense on the movie's soundtrack so I doubt it does in the actual movie. But it's a fab song and it works wonderfully on The Gift so I'm just gonna ignore that trainwreck of a movie and appreciate that album instead.

Ghost Face
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

Well, they did it because they were afraid of the public calling them out for making a shot-for-shot remake with an identical soundtrack :emma: The makers of this film were doomed from the start when Disney's execs decided to remake this film for nothing but profit: if they deviated from the original too much, they'd get bashed. But then again: if they didn't bring anything new to the table, they'd also get bashed.

The middle road is sticking this song in, a move which is going to get criticized by some (I've seen most critics praise its placement though, but ok) but will also hypnotize people into thinking this movie is different from the original and has a reason to exist :smh:

I haven't seen the film but I also find it an extremely odd song to place in the middle of that movie. It doesn't make sense on the movie's soundtrack so I doubt it does in the actual movie. But it's a fab song and it works wonderfully on The Gift so I'm just gonna ignore that trainwreck of a movie and appreciate that album instead.

I have to admit that I'd also think it's  a cute song, but not for in the movie. I'm okay with her adlibs when I just listen to her, because hey: it's Beyonce! But in the movie it did bother me (and many more). 

I love Beyonce and do think her voice acting wasnt bad at all, but Spirit.. just nah. :oops:

It's an honor.

Anderson123

It wasn’t that bad but they should’ve let that song out of the movie since it was a frame by frame remake. BeyoncĂ© released a whole album “inspired” by it anyway so they should’ve treated that as a side project. 

Ghost Face
17 minutes ago, 2School4Cool said:

I saw the movie and was so thoroughly impressed. The animation was incredible, and I love that they kept it true to the original story. The entire thing was a masterpiece. I can understand where you’re coming from, but I really enjoy the song and think it fits well. I also think BeyoncĂ© was a great choice to play Nala, but of course that’s my opinion :) 

SPOILER

I wouldn't replaced Beyonce as Nala, think she did a really decent job with her voice acting.

I would just replaced Spirit because I'd think the scene would make more impact with this masterpiece:

It's an honor.

Dutch

I have heard a lot of people saying this (friends and family) and I thought the same. It doesn’t fit the moment at all. I LOVE the song tho.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked everything about the movie, even Beyonce was ok, but Spirit really took me out of the movie. It just doesn't fit. It would've been better had it been a piece from Hans Zimmer's instrumentals.

LordEnigma
On 7/22/2019 at 5:14 PM, 2School4Cool said:

I think BeyoncĂ© would have been better off as Nala’s Mom tbh. I was so lost in the movie world but when BeyoncĂ© came into the picture, I snapped out of it. It just sounded too... BeyoncĂ©.

Archived