Stefani Tee
society

Alabama Republican: ‘Homosexual activities, wife swap shows’ ruined TV

Featured Posts

Marilyn MonHoe

The country is losing its moral core because Americans are “preoccupied with homosexual activities” and “the wife swap shows” that are on television, Alabama Secretary of State and Republican U.S. Senate candidate John Merrill said over the weekend at a town hall and confirmed Monday to AL.com.

Merrill bemoaned that wholesome TV shows are no longer on the air when speaking about what he called America’s cultural decline at a campaign stop in Fort Payne, Yellowhammer News reported.

In a phone interview Monday night, Merrill confirmed his remarks to AL.com.

“The foundational principles which we have grown up as a nation are no more,” the secretary of state and Senate candidate said. “There’s no more TV shows like ‘Gunsmoke’ or ‘Bonanza’ or ‘The Virginian’ or ‘I Love Lucy’ or ‘Andy Griffith.' (I) said people are too interested in homosexual activities. They’re too interested in the wife swap TV shows and the shows that are not morally uplifting. That’s the problem.”

Asked to explain what he meant, Merrill said, “I meant what I said. People are too interested in anything that is not uplifting, edifying. They’re too busy being preoccupied with homosexual activities and the wife swap shows."

He declined to give examples of how Americans are too preoccupied with “homosexual activities.”

Merrill said there are no longer shows “that are based on biblical foundations. ...Shows that promote family and culture with a father, a mother and children based on biblical teachings and biblical principles on which our nation was founded."

Source: https://www.al.com/news/2019/07/john-merrill-homosexual-activities-wife-swap-shows-ruined-tv.html

He can't even cite one example of gheys ruining TV :ladyhaha:

Sounds like he's using his feelings to justify his bigotry instead of any kind of tangible evidence. Republicans are the biggest snowflakes that can't help but project onto others :ladyhaha:

Edited by Marilyn MonHoe
  • LMAO 10

PunkTheFunk
1 minute ago, Marilyn MonHoe said:

The country is losing its moral core because Americans are “preoccupied with homosexual activities” and “the wife swap shows” that are on television, Alabama Secretary of State and Republican U.S. Senate candidate John Merrill said over the weekend at a town hall and confirmed Monday to AL.com.

He has probably done both 

#Marianne2020
  • Like 5
  • LMAO 10

Chic
1 minute ago, PunkTheFunk said:

He has probably done both 

Prolly swapped his wife for a gay man

• Like 1
  • LMAO 10
  • YAAAS 2

ARTBOP

Lord, people still going on about the double crowning on All Stars 4... It was MONTHS ago, get over it.

• LMAO 8

ThisGuyTony

Waiting for his gay Grindr convos to be exposed.

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • LMAO 11
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

LadariousGarage

way-eant-you-just-be-normal-alabama-scre

Edited by LadariousGarage
Lets do it baby I know the Law
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 9

Joesuda

Only one valid reaction to this
D4YLkUjXoAArxGq.jpg

Edit: this is a joke, please don't take it literally

Edited by Joesuda
Insensitive joke
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 5
  • YAAAS 2
  • Shook 1

PunkTheFunk
2 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

I mean - :bradley:

johnmerrill.jpg

Alexa play Born This Way

tenor.gif

#Marianne2020
  • LMAO 11

Kimmo

And he’s not lying, we love Homosexuality and Swapping husbands and wives! :vegas:

Tragic!
  • LMAO 2

Shipper

season 3 netflix GIF by Queer Eyewe need them to pay him a visit and pull the stick out of his....

Box me up

PunkTheFunk
9 minutes ago, Zander said:

This guy backs Roy Moore

I wonder who he barebacks

#Marianne2020
  • LMAO 2

Marilyn MonHoe
8 minutes ago, Shipper said:

season 3 netflix GIF by Queer Eyewe need them to pay him a visit and pull the stick out of his....

Or maybe he wants a bigger one :huntyga:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 4