Miaou

Featured Posts

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NewYorkCity
Just now, Bear said:

@NewYorkCity merged your thread here just to keep it in one place :hug:

I just saw it. I was looking for it in the Charts section and couldn’t find it... thank you 

NewYorkCity

I wish so much I had saved all the tweets from the beyhive saying that ASIB was a flop, that Gaga needed that to save her career, that the success it had was because of the movie or Bradley ( :toofunny: ), that any movie soundtrack would get those sales and it wasn’t because of Gaga’s contribution, and that it was too cheap for Beyonce because she was gonna slay with TLK and outdo ASIB in 10 hours. 

I’m just happy for their reality check. Can’t wait to read more of their made up excuses. They are already starting with racism, which is totally a never seen before thing. 

Personally, I won’t use this to dismiss Beyoncé because that’s stupid. But girls, from now on, wash your mouths before talking about ASIB, Gaga and the impact it had or the reasons for that impact. 

StrawberryBlond
7 hours ago, Didymus said:

Wrong.

Seeing it as that and evaluating her success accordingly is just a mistake :smh: Beyoncé didn't promote it as her new album, in fact the way she talked about it made it seem like she wasn't even going to appear on it except with Spirit.

The truth is: this album was barely promoted and no one really knew what it was until the tracklist was announced (and who but pop forum stans cares about that). It still has that "what is it", "why do we need it" aura attached to it because there's also a real soundtrack (with Spirit on it, I might add) and there's the 1994 soundtrack people are still listening to. It's a pretty unique situation.

Commercially but not in any other respect :huh: Definitely not in terms of public respect and overall legacy :oprah: She's still slaying. She's reached a point in her career where literally no one but obsessed forum stans care about whether she sells music or not. She's established more than anyone else and is still beating all of her competition with acclaim, accolades, awards, etc. :rip:

You choose where you try to find evidence to back up claims about her being an icon and a legend. I try to find it in the quality of her work and the public/critical appreciation for it. If you try to find it in the sales of a second soundtrack inspired by the original soundtrack of an iconic movie that she barely promoted and is in fact not promoted as a new Beyoncé album then that's your choice but I don't think it's a good one :flop:

First off, I think 10 out of 14 songs with Beyonce on them constitutes as a Beyonce album. It's more like "Beyonce and friends" at this point. And I thought her fans were on top of everything. They're trying to make out that everything she releases, even collab albums and live albums and soundtracks are an event that everyone knows about. They were bragging about how much the soundtrack would sell before it got released, saying it was going to smash ASIB's sales in weeks.  I wouldn't be surprised if there are many people out there who think she's released nothing since Lemonade yet the way her fans talk, they're buying everything and assume everyone knows about it. I'm just approaching this from how they want me to evaluate it. I've seen claims that her Homecoming live album was the most anticipated, impactful release of the year from her fans despite it failing to hit top 10 in all countries apart from the US and having first week sales of indie artists. I certainly don't expect every Beyonce album to do amazingly but her fans want us to believe it's the case. I'm only pointing out the factual flaws in their reasoning.

I think Beyonce was the only name that was truly hailed as "the face" of this film, even though Donald Glover's the lead character. She's the only name I've seen people be truly hyped about. So, if the biggest name's on it is a singer, well, obviously, people are going to keep an eye on what musical moves they make regarding the film. The Spirit video has over 17 million views and over 860k likes in just 4 days so clearly, people must be aware of Beyonce making music for this film. But they just aren't interested in buying it. Meaning that the people are falling out of love with her.

But we're not talking about critical appeal or any other kind of sales, we're talking about actual music sales. They're going down and by quite a bit at that. I still can't get over how ARTPOP was held up as a big flop despite it selling little over 500k less worldwide than Lemonade, which was hailed as a big success. PR works wonders when it comes to how your material is viewed and it's practically considered blasphemous at this point to say Beyonce's flopping. Even when you're being nothing but factual.

I haven't argued that she's an icon and a legend. But I think a big part of that has to be decided by actual music sales and I base most of that from her older material that actually had much more impressive numbers and when she was truly at the top of her game in every respect. I just think that someone who's frequently hailed as the biggest female name around right now and is defined by her good sales should have no problem getting a soundtrack noticed and sold. If Gaga could do it despite being in a much worse career spot at the time, why can't the supposed queen of current music?

GypsyBabe

Wow. I don’t even know anything about charts, but that’s really low right?

⚯͛

3 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

First off, I think 10 out of 14 songs with Beyonce on them constitutes as a Beyonce album. It's more like "Beyonce and friends" at this point. And I thought her fans were on top of everything. They're trying to make out that everything she releases, even collab albums and live albums and soundtracks are an event that everyone knows about. They were bragging about how much the soundtrack would sell before it got released, saying it was going to smash ASIB's sales in weeks.  I wouldn't be surprised if there are many people out there who think she's released nothing since Lemonade yet the way her fans talk, they're buying everything and assume everyone knows about it. I'm just approaching this from how they want me to evaluate it. I've seen claims that her Homecoming live album was the most anticipated, impactful release of the year from her fans despite it failing to hit top 10 in all countries apart from the US and having first week sales of indie artists. I certainly don't expect every Beyonce album to do amazingly but her fans want us to believe it's the case. I'm only pointing out the factual flaws in their reasoning.

I think Beyonce was the only name that was truly hailed as "the face" of this film, even though Donald Glover's the lead character. She's the only name I've seen people be truly hyped about. So, if the biggest name's on it is a singer, well, obviously, people are going to keep an eye on what musical moves they make regarding the film. The Spirit video has over 17 million views and over 860k likes in just 4 days so clearly, people must be aware of Beyonce making music for this film. But they just aren't interested in buying it. Meaning that the people are falling out of love with her.

But we're not talking about critical appeal or any other kind of sales, we're talking about actual music sales. They're going down and by quite a bit at that. I still can't get over how ARTPOP was held up as a big flop despite it selling little over 500k less worldwide than Lemonade, which was hailed as a big success. PR works wonders when it comes to how your material is viewed and it's practically considered blasphemous at this point to say Beyonce's flopping. Even when you're being nothing but factual.

I haven't argued that she's an icon and a legend. But I think a big part of that has to be decided by actual music sales and I base most of that from her older material that actually had much more impressive numbers and when she was truly at the top of her game in every respect. I just think that someone who's frequently hailed as the biggest female name around right now and is defined by her good sales should have no problem getting a soundtrack noticed and sold. If Gaga could do it despite being in a much worse career spot at the time, why can't the supposed queen of current music?

Low key forgot you could even buy music anymore. Music sales were a much bigger deal back then, and to compare to ASIB isn't really a like for like when that album sold off the back of a successful single and promotional campaign, not to mention most of the songs were actually in the film whereas Beyoncé has released an album full of African inspired music, most of which isn't very mainstream sounding. I mean the fact you said the music video has 17mil views and 800k likes on it says more about her success than any sales do for me as that is the main source of music consumption nowadays, with most people under 30 anyway. ASIB appealed to older people, middle aged etc who had seen the originals and love a soppy love ballad, they are the kind of people who actually still buy music so of course the album sold better, not to mention it came out around the start of the Christmas period and carried on through that. I constantly see you in Beyoncé threads trying to eloquently explain why she's a flop through paragraphs of rambling about sales figures and stuff its tiring, if you don't like Beyoncé that's fine and you are more than welcome to express your opinion but I do find it a bit much sometimes :saladga:

S0436

I am surprised with all the millions of people watching TKG this weekend that they aren’t downloading or streaming the Beyoncé tracks more.

thatfoxyfeeling
4 hours ago, S0436 said:

I am surprised with all the millions of people watching TKG this weekend that they aren’t downloading or streaming the Beyoncé tracks more.

Honestly think it comes down to the fact the soundtrack just isn’t that good. Spirit felt so out of place in the scene, it just didn’t have an impact. 

Biden Harris 2024

Mkay so I just wanna jump here and say that when it comes to Gaga albums, it's all Platinum. She has THAT kind of impact. She's kept her numbers at least 200k - 250k opening at #1 on all of them. That is something special. Doesn't mean that it's a guaranteed thing in the future but let's give credit where credit is due :applause:

Didymus
16 hours ago, S0436 said:

They're not downloading or streaming the movie's soundtrack either :oprah: Not an unimportant thing to mention in this context.

Didymus
21 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

The Spirit video has over 17 million views and over 860k likes in just 4 days so clearly, people must be aware of Beyonce making music for this film. But they just aren't interested in buying it. Meaning that the people are falling out of love with her. 

Or they're not interested in purchasing this specific product :ohwell: Its target audience is confused, it narrows in on an African-American audience (like Homecoming) that alienates white listeners, and the whole release is confused with the simultaneous release of the actual movie soundtrack (which is actually flopping, doing worse than The Gift) which is also not garnering a lot of public interest because that public simply favors the original 1994 version which everyone already bought in the past :shrug: The whole appeal of this Lion King release is 1994 nostalgia. Everything that's new and different about this film is not automatically going to spark interest, in fact, it might work oppositely.

This is a specific situation that's, imo, not right to generalize as a sign that the public appeal for Beyoncé is fading. You claim yourself that people were hyped for Beyoncé and then a few sentences later you claim they're falling out of love for her. That's a contradiction you didn't even notice because you're trying to do two things simultaneously: prove that The Gift is bombing exactly because she's a big name that people care about and disprove the idea that people care about Beyoncé :emma: It can't be both. If people care about Beyoncé but are not buying this product, then there are extraneous circumstances that should be identified (like the ones I outlined above).

Archived